Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Safety Clinton Dix to the skins

KillBill26

49 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

I asked "why" then, I ask "why" now..

This team is going nowhere, even before all the injuries. He's a FA at the end of the year. 4th round pick for a 6 week rental.

Why?

I don't understand that trade, I mean if they really wanted to overpay for an immediate need, that might be the difference in getting in the playoffs, why not jump on Cooper ? He won the game today.

As for Dix, I lost count of the times I saw him chasing someone into the endzone.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting to see how Nicholson warranted being benched. Admittedly, I’m biased with Nicholson, as I thought he was the best defensive player on team when available last year. 

Anyone here anything behind the scenes about Nicholson? I know injury was mentioned when move was made, but he’s played in every game on special teams I believe. 

On 11/22/2018 at 9:06 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't understand that trade, I mean if they really wanted to overpay for an immediate need, that might be the difference in getting in the playoffs, why not jump on Cooper ? He won the game today.

As for Dix, I lost count of the times I saw him chasing someone into the endzone.

Cooper cost a 1st Rd pick and Haha was a 4th. Not sure how trading a 1st for Cooper is smart hell that would be even worse. 

14 hours ago, sempre_victrix said:

I didn't mind this trade.  Not until now. 

This guy can't tackle.  Honestly, he sucks. 

After watching him for a couple of games, I wouldn't give you a 6th for him.

We got fleeced again. 

I agree. I thought heck if he could just play decent it might be worth it. But now the only way we hear his name is "Clinton Dix on the missed tackle" "Clinton Dix on the blown coverage"  etc... 

We probably would’ve won the cowboys thanksgiving game if Nicholson was playing FS.

He was our only speed guy in our secondary and definitely would’ve tackled cooper in those broken plays.

lmao clitndix is poo poo. Nicholson should be FURIOUS he got benched for that clown. At least we get a low comp pick when he leaves in FA

Clinton Dix hasn't been Adam Archuletta bad, but as of now I am not sure if he is still trying to figure out how to play in a different scheme or what, because he has definitely not been good.  It's frustrating to see this happen time after time where players who contributed solidly elsewhere come to this team and just are not very good. 

The Nicholson side of story is perplexing and didn’t receive much attention. Everyone jumped on bandwagon of Haha having some name value. Nicholson was viewed extremely high by the organization last year and played very well, then midway through season he gets benched. Weird to say the least. 

I was hoping a plan was in place to have all 3 on field at same time. Not the case. 

1 hour ago, LMFAO Alex Smith said:

We probably would’ve won the cowboys thanksgiving game if Nicholson was playing FS.

He was our only speed guy in our secondary and definitely would’ve tackled cooper in those broken plays.

lmao clitndix is poo poo. Nicholson should be FURIOUS he got benched for that clown. At least we get a low comp pick when he leaves in FA

Nicholson leads the league in missed tackles. Trust me: he’s worse than Ha Ha.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 12:23 AM, wit33 said:

The Nicholson side of story is perplexing and didn’t receive much attention. Everyone jumped on bandwagon of Haha having some name value. Nicholson was viewed extremely high by the organization last year and played very well, then midway through season he gets benched. Weird to say the least. 

I was hoping a plan was in place to have all 3 on field at same time. Not the case. 

I thought they would use all 3 more times as well. Ive seen Everett in there a good bit for one package.

Nicholson was banged up when we made the trade so I assume the Skins were taking out a somewhat of insurance plan (since our season was looking playoff bound at the time).

We do get a possible comp 4th in 2020 ...

I expected more from Ha Ha but he seems to be what packer fans were saying he was.

He is too deep, reading too much, slow to react, taking poor angles, doesn't know the play calls, is likely not being used to his strengths, oh and is not reading the plays.

Move him to strong asap, or bench him for Nicholson.  Admit he is a bad fit, stop blindly chasing Bama guys, and move on.

8 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

stop blindly chasing Bama guys, and move on.

I think Alabama has a lot of great defensive talent. But this I completely agree with. Stockpiling Alabama players doesn't necessarily give you a great NFL defense. It gives you a great college defense. The NFL is made up of 32 college all-star teams with the best players from the last decade and a half. The best 11 guys you can field on defense shouldn't be dominated by Alabama players, no matter how good they are. 

Payne and Allen I get. But the fascination with Alabama players is a bit much. And you hit the nail on the head... I believe the Alabama connection is exactly why the team targeted Haha.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Payne and Allen I get. But the fascination with Alabama players is a bit much. And you hit the nail on the head... I believe the Alabama connection is exactly why the team targeted Haha.

Allen may be so shallow, that his intriguing name may have lured Allen in this time haha. Bama was just the icing on the cake. Let me go see if he was born in Tampa real quick.

4th round pick, for a 6 week rental of a broken car, in a failed season.  So we literally just flushed a 4th round pick down the drain.  Another smooth move Allen.

7 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Allen may be so shallow, that his intriguing name may have lured Allen in this time. Bama was just the icing on the cake. Let me go see if he was born in Tampa real quick.

Hah, actually he was born in Orlando, maybe theres something to it...

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

I think Alabama has a lot of great defensive talent. But this I completely agree with. Stockpiling Alabama players doesn't necessarily give you a great NFL defense. It gives you a great college defense. The NFL is made up of 32 college all-star teams with the best players from the last decade and a half. The best 11 guys you can field on defense shouldn't be dominated by Alabama players, no matter how good they are. 

I think a major reason they target Bama guys on defense is because they run a 3-4

3 hours ago, Peregrine said:

4th round pick, for a 6 week rental of a broken car, in a failed season.  So we literally just flushed a 4th round pick down the drain.  Another smooth move Allen.

True. Don’t we get a 4th round comp pick though cause we lost some guys in FA? Or is that a 3rd round pick?

9 hours ago, wit33 said:

Is it time for Nicholson to replace this blunder? 3 games remaining for a young developing player, it’s time. 

I’ll give it to you, you were one of the few not real excited about the Haha acquisition, and wanted to see more Nicholson. 

The laughs on us with Haha, I can’t say I’ve loathed a player in such a short period of time before.

8 hours ago, KDawg said:

Sad part about it is Alabama may run a more complex scheme than what those guys are in now.  Not only were they obviously the cream of the crop athletically, but they have a defensive scheme that pro teams incorporate concepts from.  Not to say Dix isn't underperforming, but how often did he find himself being the last line of a defense in college because his LBs were overmatched?

Archived