Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Safety Clinton Dix to the skins

KillBill26

Those grades were from quite a while ago, when you play crappy the grades come down, both players will probably finish ranked in the high 70's by seasons end.

Right now DJ's YTD grade is an 80.9 and Dix is an 81.6, that was before today's game so they will come down even more before next weeks finale.

How can this guy be this bad unless he doesn't care? I swear he's the reason Montae went and beat some fools. JK... But yeah to lose your Job to this dude.. Is he the reason Kirk torched the packers on SNF years back? Its not even the draft pick we gave for you. Its the waste of space he consumed during his tenure. He's a floppy armed muppet with jewels in his ears but nothing else between them. Heartless BAmma. Bill Burr rant over.......

I'm not saying he's bad, he's not making any plays for us, but he isn't terrible, he's just there.. But I'm sure on film behind the scenes he's doing things the coaches probably like. Just highlight film wise and our hightened expectations from our Safeties since you know who was here, and the fact he's a first round talent he's just not doing anything for us fans..

On 12/15/2018 at 9:29 PM, NickyJ said:

Can we all just take a moment and say "**** PFF ratings"? That's where most of the hype he was getting came from. "Oh look, HaHa has good ratings from PFF, he MUST be good!"

<PFF stuff>

What are you saying?

Bruce Allen is scouting guys on PFF!

Keep in mind Dix is actually playing for a contract. Hard to make sense of his play. He looks scared to me. I could see us offering him a very modest deal and then drafting a FS.

Or....I could also see us dumping both him and DJ, due to his mouth, and starting over.

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Keep in mind Dix is actually playing for a contract. Hard to make sense of his play. He looks scared to me. I could see us offering him a very modest deal and then drafting a FS.

Or....I could also see us dumping both him and DJ, due to his mouth, and starting over.

My problem with dumping Swearinger too is how many holes can we fill in one off season?  

FS, LG, WR, MLB, OLB -- maybe even TE and QB.  That's a lot on their plate already.  We've been living in safety wasteland seemingly forever pre Swearinger.   Bad enough I think we need to find a FS -- both would be intimidating and I gather a venture back into signing guys who are just guys -- that's been Bruce's record mostly on that position.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

@Skinsinparadise personally I like DJ and would retain him. It depends if he becomes a victim of FO politics/muscle flexing.

The Jon Allen tweet supporting Manusky was interesting though. I'd wager the locker room dynamics are a mess.

Yeah Finlay said some in that locker room agrees with Swearinger.  And based on Allen's tweet some don't.  Finlay has been hinting for weeks the defense behind in the scenes is a soap opera

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah Finlay said some in that locker room agrees with Swearinger.  And based on Allen's tweet some don't.  Finlay has been hinting for weeks the defense behind in the scenes is a soap opera

Not good. Another example of poor man management 

38 minutes ago, heavyjumbo72 said:

Bye - Bye Swearinger and Ha-Ha.  Calling out coaches in rants is just about a guarantee for instructions to start packing - and now with Allen getting involved sure thing a rift is created, like a cancer which will quickly spread and cause harm. 

Jesus. Can we please fire our coach that obviously sucks, and not get rid of Swearinger, who isn’t our most talented defender?

this team needs discipline from the top down. Suspend Swearinger and Mason foster and start holding people accountable. 

I’d love to see what the defense could achieve with a solid defensive coordinator. When we hired him, no one really though Manusky was going to be good, did we? 

We now have a lot a lot of talent on defense. We should be able to attract a top coordinator. 

And as bad as the whole defense has looked, I honestly don’t know how accurately we can evaluate Ha Ha. I worry he’ll go off to a competent system and produce next year. 

I wonder if DJ called out the coach on purpose because he is ready to leave the Skins if they keep Manusky?  Still it is wrong to call out the coach to the news media and a lot of teams might now want to retain him for that reason alone.  Or did DJ vent because he really wants the defense to be better and it was not about him?

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

@Skinsinparadise personally I like DJ and would retain him. It depends if he becomes a victim of FO politics/muscle flexing.

The Jon Allen tweet supporting Manusky was interesting though. I'd wager the locker room dynamics are a mess.

I think Grudens handling of the Mason Foster stuff shows that.  Hes not a leader and hes not going to tell players who to behave, so that basically leaves players to either all behave on their own, or if they dont, chaos as theres no one with authority in the building.

8 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Reading Packers message boards after the trade, their consensus seemed to be that he has been avoiding contact this year to avoid injury prior to hitting free agency.  They had a "highlight" film of him avoiding hits, and it honestly looked like he was doing it on purpose, not just missing tackles or being in the wrong position.

Many loved the deal because the comp pick should be a 3rd, so nothing was lost. I'm starting to wonder if this play in Washington has hurt his market value? He might have to take a one year, prove it type deal. If that's the case this trade can actually get worse. 

On 12/23/2018 at 8:57 AM, heavyjumbo72 said:

Bye - Bye Swearinger and Ha-Ha.  Calling out coaches in rants is just about a guarantee for instructions to start packing - and now with Allen getting involved sure thing a rift is created, like a cancer which will quickly spread and cause harm. 

I was right!  Later Swearinger - this is the third time you have been released.  Guess you still havent learned anything.  

On 12/23/2018 at 8:52 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

wonder how it's divided?  It's easy to say DL vs LB and DB, but half our LB spend most of their time on DL

Archived