Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Offensive Line Thread

KDawg

25 minutes ago, carex said:

Ty Nsekhe and a guy who can replace them eventually like Christian

I believe that was the plan, but Ty also deals with injuries with some kind of regularity. He was last year forcing Trent into playing through for a part last season until Ty healed up before being IRed.

Christian was a move in that direction, but as a whole, it's been too little, too late.

8 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I am surprised our run game hasn't opened up play action more than it has. It's like we don't even try.   Or have we been doing it all year, and I have had my head down staring at a ****ing computer.

If there is a week to have successful play action working, it would be sunday with the new guys on the line.

I also want to see more play action.  I read somewhere recently (maybe a post here on ES?) that Jay does want to use play action more.  But he said that our tight ends need to be more consistent in blocking defensive ends for it to be successful.

25 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Big deal today if Moses plays. Would be helpful. However would rather him sit if he really needs to, in order to get over the injury. We still have 7 games left after this. I read a quote of his and it sure sounded like he would be out there. Hope he and the boys are ready to roll..

Yeah, a broken down Moses isn't all that encouraging or helpful on the field anyway. Let him rest and heal up, if he's less than 80.2%.  ? 

10 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

Yeah, a broken down Moses isn't all that encouraging or helpful on the field anyway. Let him rest and heal up, if he's less than 80.2%.  ? 

Rumor has it that Moses is at 77.36% but Gruden is grading on a curve and Callahan snuck in a bonus question.

4 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I believe that was the plan, but Ty also deals with injuries with some kind of regularity. He was last year forcing Trent into playing through for a part last season until Ty healed up before being IRed.

Christian was a move in that direction, but as a whole, it's been too little, too late.

you only get four year contracts, guys would be FA by the time they got to play

We might have actually upgraded at LG. Yeah, 2 holding calls today, but still, probably better than Lauvao. Moses was in a lot of pain at the end, I hope he's ok for next week.

Just now, gooseneck said:

how did Cooper look today.  Is there potential for next year

Good and Yes.

2 hours ago, Morneblade said:

We might have actually upgraded at LG. Yeah, 2 holding calls today, but still, probably better than Lauvao. Moses was in a lot of pain at the end, I hope he's ok for next week.

Good and Yes.

I wonder if we can slide Bowanko in in place of Bergstrom as the starter at RG. Given he was college teammates with Moses, I wonder if there is some built in chemistry there

15 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Besides Moses, did any of our other linemen get injured?  I got in-game updates that Nsekhe and Christian were banged-up, but I didn't hear anything after that. Any further info would be appreciated.

I think Ty came out for a few plays and was replaced by Christian, but he came back in. (I'm not 100% sure of this as I have had a few beers).

Moses looked hurt and was grimacing but he played through the pain.

24 minutes ago, London Kev said:

I think Ty came out for a few plays and was replaced by Christian, but he came back in. (I'm not 100% sure of this as I have had a few beers).

Moses looked hurt and was grimacing but he played through the pain.

And that first play was OK, His man kinda got driven into Alex, but he was doing OK. Davis (or was it Sprinkle) gave up the sack or pressure on the opposite side

Wouldn't it be great if we signed a couple of these fill in linemen and they became long term contributorsover the next few years? Who knows, sometimes there's a silver lining to a guy who gets a second chance? 

I loved hearing Chris Spielman rip the refs for the phantom holding call on one of our linemen. Hats off to the replacements today...and to coach Callahan. HTTR!

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Wouldn't it be great if we signed a couple of these fill in linemen and they became long term contributorsover the next few years? Who knows, sometimes there's a silver lining to a guy who gets a second chance? 

I loved hearing Chris Spielman rip the refs for the phantom holding call on one of our linemen. Hats off to the replacements today...and to coach Callahan. HTTR!

Yeah, that was a "hold" on Moses, where all he did was push the DE up the field with a slap on the shoulder pad. It was such a BS call, Moses was hopping mad, trying to show him what he did. REALLY bad call.

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Like John Sullivan? The Skins pulled him off the scrap heap mid-season in 2017. He's been the starter for the Rams the last two years. Though if McVay hadn't gone there, maybe the Skins would have brought him back last year.

20 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

This week's line play reinforced something I thought I knew but wasn't sure about. You don't need all-pros (with all-pro salaries) across your entire line for it to be good. There are good, decent (and some times unsigned) linemen out there you just need to have your eyes open.

I have been disgustingly optimistic, but went into this TB game with just above zero hope. 

So, your post here inspired me to give out a heart-felt apology. Mainly, an apology to my own nature. ? 

I thought Smith would have NO time, and AP would have NO run lanes. Things were not exceptional on those fronts... but oh my.. were they rarely a nasty detriment either (refs' BS aside at times). 

Sorry, collective OL!!!! I straight panicked and lost faith. You have slapped me proper!

Archived