Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Offensive Line Thread

KDawg

Trent suffered a rib injury but according to the Washington post, everything came back negative thankfully.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/11/23/trent-williams-suffered-rib-injury-loss-cowboys-x-rays-negative-fracture/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d41d27a3ea50

Gruden said Williams’s rib injury is not as severe as the one that has sidelined running back Chris Thompson for several weeks; the team will see how the six-time Pro Bowl left tackle feels on Monday. “He’s just going to be sore,” Gruden said

29 minutes ago, dyst said:

Even when healthy this line needs an overhaul. 

Yeah, the prospects look bad for the foreseeable future - Williams and Moses oft injured, Scherff with one more year left, and we don’t have a LG.    On top of that, we need better depth.  

Drafting a highly rated G/T and G would be a nice step forward.  I also wonder if we’d be better off simplifying the scheme a bit.  

11 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Yeah, the prospects look bad for the foreseeable future - Williams and Moses oft injured, Scherff with one more year left, and we don’t have a LG.    On top of that, we need better depth.  

Drafting a highly rated G/T and G would be a nice step forward.  I also wonder if we’d be better off simplifying the scheme a bit.  

As others have said, I would love to see the skins target an OT like Jonah Williams or David Andrews for out LT of the future, and move Trent  to guard.  I think he would perform well there.  Of course the issue is his health, and another guard in the next two drafts is key.  

I think we start with Moses our opening day RT in 2019, but Christian needs to be ready to start at RT by 2020.  Moses just can't be counted on to stay healthy.  The transition to replacements for these injury prone guys needs to start ASAP.

48 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Honestly, Scherff doesn’t impress me much either not for a #5 overall pick. I’ve seen him get blown up way to much for my liking.

2 hours ago, Wyvern said:

@dyst -- So everyone else (including Gruden and everyone else who selects Pro-Bowl candidates) are fooled?  I disagree!

Can’t keep rolling out the same turd year in year out and expect different results. There is a reason why a 9 win season is our high point. We lack talent on the field and the sidelines.

Archived