Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Offensive Line Thread

KDawg

Gonna throw this out there...

I think we as a fan base need to pump the brakes a little and not get too ahead of ourselves. Usually when that happens the team loses a game it had in the bag and then everyone has a melt down. Let's see the Skins beat Houston this week first. That would put us at 7-3 and in good shape going into Dallas and Philly.

A loss doesn't cripple us, but makes things more exciting more quickly than I would like.

This upcoming draft is pretty packed with G/Ts on day 2 and we should have a few picks.

Just now, KDawg said:

I think we as a fan base need to pump the brakes a little and not get too ahead of ourselves. Usually when that happens the team loses a game it had in the bag and then everyone has a melt down. Let's see the Skins beat Houston this week first. That would put us at 7-3 and in good shape going into Dallas and Philly.

A loss doesn't cripple us, but makes things more exciting more quickly than I would like.

If we're going to lose any of them, the Houston game is the one. Our periodic loss keeps us grounded. 

30 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Part of being 6-3 is the luxury of looking forward - as fans. The team better not be. But as fans, it's the best part of being 6-3. Let's enjoy it. 

I outlined it in another post but to me the Cowboys game on thanksgiving should be the critical game. Win that game and it will be very difficult for either Philly or Dallas to catch us, especially if we at least split with philly. Lose and it opens things up completely, especially for a dallas late run. 

Having said that, Houston would be a huge win. Huge win! Not just for the standings but because we will have beaten a 1st place team in November. In fairness to your statement above - the fan in me is hopeful, the realist in me expects a Houston blow out ala NO/Atl. But that's why they play the games right? ?  

39 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Let's see the Skins beat Houston this week first. That would put us at 7-3 and in good shape going into Dallas and Philly.

Watt and Clowney are going to be IT this game. I'm NOT optimistic. Hope we can keep Alex safe and we get out without anymore injuries with this OL. If this was a card game I'd fold and play the next hands saving my chips....

I think our D will keep it close. If AP has another 100 yard game in him..we have a shot. Alex can't get hurt though..

At lease he'll get a taste of what goings against Eagle Cox will be...Cowboys definitely gave us a gift beating the Eagles.

Beat the Texans and I'm on Cloud 9!

Here's a list of the Qbs Houston has faced: Tom Brady (L), Blane Gabbert (L), Eli Manning (L), Andrew Luck (W), Dak Prescott (W), Josh Allen(W), Cody Kessler (W), Brock Osweiler (W), Case Keenum (W). That's not really a murders row of QBs. Add to that they got 2-1-4-4-2-2-4-2-2 sacks in those games. They've really only attacked Eli, Luck and Kessler. I'm pretty confident in our OL. 

2 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Here's a list of the Qbs Houston has faced: Tom Brady (L), Blane Gabbert (L), Eli Manning (L), Andrew Luck (W), Dak Prescott (W), Josh Allen(W), Cody Kessler (W), Brock Osweiler (W), Case Keenum (W). That's not really a murders row of QBs. Add to that they got 2-1-4-4-2-2-4-2-2. They've really only attacked Eli, Luck and Kessler. I'm pretty confident in our OL. 

What do these numbers refer to?

Stuff your sorries in a sack, mister

hqdefault.jpg

I am interested to see Cooper pulling again. He looked good.  I can't name the other new guys but they did well too.

If our OL can slow down Clown and zap Watt, it should go a long ways towards Alex passing for 200 yards.

I am feeling bad for Christian. We drafted a development guy and he got tossed to the wolves presumed far too soon. That's the problem with taking a development guy behind 2 injury prone Ts in a year we are obviously trying to compete.

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I am feeling bad for Christian. We drafted a development guy and he got tossed to the wolves presumed far too soon. That's the problem with taking a development guy behind 2 injury prone Ts in a year we are obviously trying to compete.

Honestly, this is why we need to draft an OT. Someone who can start.

13 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I would look for a rd 1 T next yr. Trent is not getting younger and has been injured the last two years. Also, Ty and Moses are not lasting forever either. 

I think I'm with you, unless our qb of the future is sitting there. We need to find a qb of the future asap.

16 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I would look for a rd 1 T next yr. Trent is not getting younger and has been injured the last two years. Also, Ty and Moses are not lasting forever either. 

Moses is 27.  But a guy who could play LG and then swing out to LT would be a good idea

19 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Amen, brother. I've been beating this drum for the last several weeks. 

I think we absolutely need an heir apparent who can eventually take Trent's place and in the meantime, compete with Moses whose game has dropped off a bit this season.

4 hours ago, carex said:

Moses is 27.  But a guy who could play LG and then swing out to LT would be a good idea

Moses is too injured too often. I admire his guts and toughness, but he will only last so long playing through so much injury. 

And I want a pure Tackle - not someone trying to be too many things. I would have not problem however with them doubling down on Oline in the first couple of rounds. With Guice coming back, AP here, and all the injuries on the oline, they need to invest heavily this offseason. 

Just now, goskins10 said:

Moses is too injured too often. I admire his guts and toughness, but he will only last so long playing through so much injury. 

And I want a pure Tackle - not someone trying to be too many things. I would have not problem however with them doubling down on Oline in the first couple of rounds. With Guice coming back, AP here, and all the injuries on the oline, they need to invest heavily this offseason. 

unless Jon Cooper blows us away we need a LG more than an LT, and even then he's spent more of his career hurting.

We have an established need that needs to be dealt with

On 11/14/2018 at 12:19 PM, KDawg said:

For some reason, I think the emergency brake got yanked up yesterday in ES.

Archived