Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Packers Prediction Thread: Slippin' Away

skins island connection

Who Wins ?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Simple, no points, just head-to-head, who wins the game.

• Washington Redskins
    • Green Bay Packers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2018 at 06:34 AM

I'm not sure this game is as in favor of Green Bay as a lot of you seem to think.

The Packers will be a challenge, for sure, but the Colts defensive front was phenomenal last week. And they have a lot of burst. I don't like the interior of the Packers D anywhere near as much as the Colts, to be honest.

I think the offense gets going a bit in this one... and if the Skins get a lead the run game is going to be tough to stop. 24-21 Skins.

We have a shot but it’s a loooooooong one, even with Rodgers dragging his leg around he can beat us. We have to contain on D and the offense has to score!!!!!! If it comes down to Hopkins to win it then now way cause that guy is the most overrated kicker ever pure choke artist. 

Packers: 21

Redskins: 12 

We are looking at being 1-3 when we go into Carolina (no way we beat the Saints) making Carolina a must win and needed to save the season. 

This is as big a game as Jay has had since coming here. Win and the argument can be made (at least for two weeks) that the Colts game were growing pains between a new QB and his HC, OC and team mates. Lose and the season is pretty much gone and many will want his head - even more than want it now. May be tough for Danny to keep his hands out of the pie. 

The D has actually played pretty well. I know it's been popular to just trash the entire team due to an ugly loss. But the D played well enough to win last week. The offense has to get un-tracked. They lost that game last week - 100%. And I agree with others that the team will not win with 25 to 30 throws to RBs and TEs. The WRs have to get involved. 

I have no idea which O will show up. But I know the other team has Aaron Rogers. Despite the D playing much better than last year, just having Aaron on the other side of the ball makes it hard for me to have much hope to be honest. 

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

This is as big a game as Jay has had since coming here. Win and the argument can be made (at least for two weeks) that the Colts game we growing pains between a new QB and his HC, OC and team mates. Lose and the season is pretty much gone and many will want his head - even more than want it now. May be tough for Danny to keep his out of the pie. 

The D has actually played pretty well. I know it's been popular to just trash the entire team due to an ugly loss. But the D played well enough to win last week. The offense has to get un-tracked. They lost that game last week - 100%. And I agree with others that the team will not win with 25 to 30 throws to RBs and TEs. The WRs have to get involved. 

I have no idea which O will show up. But I know the other team had Aaron Rogers. Despite te D playing much better than last year, I just having Aaron on the other side of the ball makes it hard for me to have much hope to be honest. 

Agree but I'd couch it as it would be a tough 2 weeks with the bye and it makes the Saints game on the road a must win.  But I think if they lose to GB but then beat NO, I think some momentum is swung back.  But if they lose both games, it spells trouble. 

I said this before the season which is JP Finlay among others have made it clear that internally the Redskins FO thinks they put together a killer roster and it implied to me that's what they told Dan.  And they truly believe that Alex is an upgrade over Kirk.  So if it from the get go looks to be wildly off -- I'd presume Dan will be going nuts behind the scenes.

Galdi said last week he knows people close to Dan and they told him Dan goes ape for what happened last Sunday -- between the no shows at the stadium and an ugly loss.  I'll say this if they double down on that tomorrow -- ugly loss and low turnout, fans booing the team -- it clearly will be a miserable bye week.    But I do think even if that goes down, they can reignite momentum with a win in NO.   So in short, I think it has to be a one two punch versus just this game.  But who knows.

I actually feel ok about this game.  But heck I did feel good about last week too -- though I did warn on the Colts/Redskins game prediction thread that old school Redskins will mean they'd lose to the Colts coming off the high of a win.  But was hoping/expecting they'd get over that hump.

I think the factors that bode well for the Skins are

1. Rodgers is not healthy.  He really has been limited a lot physically, so you are not going to see him at his best.

2. The Packers typically play better at home than away.  This year, they have played both games at home... and have not looked like the better team in either game.

What does not bode well for the Skins:

1. Against Minnesota the Packers scored only one TD in something like 6 red-zone trips.  They usually do better than that, so they are still a threat to light things up.  They just didn't finish their drives vs Minny.

2. Cousins really lit up the Packers, using his talented WRs, after their best CB went out.  That CB will be out against the Skins also... but the Skins may have to focus more on WRs to take advantage of that.  So far, they have focused on TE and RB in the passing game.

Looks like it’s going to rain during the game (or at least parts of it). You’d think McCarthy wouldn’t want Rodgers out there on a bad leg n the rain (especially with how bad our field gets) right? ......right? ? that would be the only way i see us winning the game. 

Although maybe the rain will force us to get back to focusing on the run game and going back to what worked against the cardinals? 

I think this game will end up creating a player who really makes a name for himself. Unfortunately it will most likely be on the Packers team.

There has been so much talk about Aaron Rodgers; will he play, will he be sat down; will he be able to play good enough to win.

But there's no talk about anyone else.

This game has the makings for someone to be a star, at least for the week. It could be one of their WRs, a RB, the defense, but someone will step up and make this game not about Aaron Rodgers, and it will leave Gruden blank with no answer.

I hope like crazy it doesn't happen this way, but these weird thoughts cross my mind at certain times, and more often than not they come true. So let me go ahead and say it, this IS a desperation game for the Redskins. If they fall behind early while not looking better than last week, the crowd will turn on them, with booing billowing across FedEx field, and it will be the beginning of the end for the coaches.

10 hours ago, skins island connection said:

I think this game will end up creating a player who really makes a name for himself. Unfortunately it will most likely be on the Packers team.

There has been so much talk about Aaron Rodgers; will he play, will he be sat down; will he be able to play good enough to win.

But there's no talk about anyone else.

This game has the makings for someone to be a star, at least for the week. It could be one of their WRs, a RB, the defense, but someone will step up and make this game not about Aaron Rodgers, and it will leave Gruden blank with no answer.

I hope like crazy it doesn't happen this way, but these weird thoughts cross my mind at certain times, and more often than not they come true. So let me go ahead and say it, this IS a desperation game for the Redskins. If they fall behind early while not looking better than last week, the crowd will turn on them, with booing billowing across FedEx field, and it will be the beginning of the end for the coaches.

Aaron Jones

On 9/17/2018 at 8:35 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have no read on this game.  If the week 1 team shows up, they could win it 27-24.

Don’t forget the Bears had this team dead to rights, and Minny hung 29 on them, you CAN score on them.

If the week 2 skins show up, they lose 42-10. 

Typically Grudens Skins go good-bad-good-bad so I’ll go out on a limb and say 27-24 Skins.  Which guarantees a loss to New Orleans after the bye...

EDIT: 27-24 was taken twice.  I’ll to 28-24 then...

I was wrong about the score, but right about the 1 good, 1 bad, 1 good, 1 bad...

Jay is nothing of not consistent.

Archived