Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Packers Prediction Thread: Slippin' Away

skins island connection

Who Wins ?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Simple, no points, just head-to-head, who wins the game.

• Washington Redskins
    • Green Bay Packers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2018 at 06:34 AM

I can really see any outcome here aside from a Redskins blowout. Jay's teams tend to bounce back from bad games.  When they play really good teams, they tend to tease as opposed to win with some exceptions so my gut is we will have something like that here.

Packers  27

Redskins 24

If so it makes the Saints game a bit of an early code red game. 

The run game absolutely needs to resurface in this game that's their only shot IMO.  You got to keep Aaron Rodgers off the field.   Their defense looked vulnerable especially in the 4th quarter against Kirk/Minny so perhaps that's a good sign here?

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I can really see any outcome here aside from a Redskins blowout. Jay's teams tend to bounce back from bad games.  When they play really good teams, they tend to tease as opposed to win with some exceptions so my gut is we will have something like that here.

Packers  27

Redskins 24

If so it makes the Saints game a bit of an early code red game. 

The run game absolutely needs to resurface in this game that's their only shot IMO.  You got to keep Aaron Rodgers off the field.   Their defense looked vulnerable especially in the 4th quarter against Kirk/Minny so perhaps that's a good sign here?

Cousins chewed up GB once Minnesota decided to loosen things up and let Cousins and his receivers work GB over.  I don't think the Skins are going have much success running against GB because Minnesota didn't and at this point, I think Minnesota can run better than the Skins.  I am discounting the dominant running attack we saw against the Cardinals because the Skins looked weak running against the Colts.

I think for the Skins to have a chance Alex is going to have come out swinging.  He doesn't have a Diggs or Thielen to work with but he does have Chris Thompson, Vernon Davis, Reed, and others.   Alex needs to takes his chances with his receivers deep early and often to have a chance in my opinion.  I don't think they can dink and dunk their way to a win because the run game is too weak, they need to loosen up the field to stand a chance.

25 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Cousins chewed up GB once Minnesota decided to loosen things up and let Cousins and his receivers work GB over.  I don't think the Skins are going have much success running against GB because Minnesota didn't and at this point, I think Minnesota can run better than the Skins.  I am discounting the dominant running attack we saw against the Cardinals because the Skins looked weak running against the Colts.

I got more confidence in the running game.  Peterson and Thompson I think will bounce back.  Will see. Dalvin Cook was one of my guys in the 2017 draft. But he had a rough day.  Vikings had a bad day running the ball.   

The team that played the Colts has zero chance of beating the Packers.  IMO, the Redskins defense has to play out of its mind to have a chance of winning.  The Redskins offense doesn't capture my imagination at this time.

Unfortunately, I see Green Bay in a blowout, which means the Redskins will be competitive or somehow win.

Redskins 13

Packers 30*

I am more optimistic than most.

The Redskins have the #1 ranked (yards allowed) and #2 ranked (points allowed) Defense.

Green Bay has the #17 ranked (yards total) and #10 ranked (points scored) Offense.

The Redskins have the #12 ranked (yards total) and #27 ranked (points scored) Offense.

Green Bay has the #24 ranked (yards allowed) and #23 ranked (points allowed) Defense.

I know none of this actually means anything two games into a season, but I think our Defense wins us one and I think our offense steps up just enough.

Redskins - 25

Green Bay - 19

So I am not sure how much Rodgers is playing it up and/or I would never root for an injury, but the way he has been talking this week, he seems to be making it clear that he is playing on an injured knee and he fears he could be worsening it every time he goes out there and decides to play.

Now like I said I would never root for a legit injury, but at the same time he is making the choice to take a risk that one good hit could put him out and really damage his knee.

All I'm saying.

44 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

So I am not sure how much Rodgers is playing it up and/or I would never root for an injury, but the way he has been talking this week, he seems to be making it clear that he is playing on an injured knee and he fears he could be worsening it every time he goes out there and decides to play.

Now like I said I would never root for a legit injury, but at the same time he is making the choice to take a risk that one good hit could put him out and really damage his knee.

All I'm saying.

And I like what your saying..I'm old school football when ya seek out the weak ya destroy to take down the enemy..I miss Gregg Williams...dooohhh haha.jk on a softer side of things..I'm thinking the chances of him not playing are increasing as the week progresses..again this is Rodgers and he'll play through tremendous pain but if we luck out and he don't play it should increase our chances of a win? 

Skins D got a black eye vs dem' horseshoe wearing geldings.

The O' bent over and let the Gledings pretend they still had one. 

Skins D rebounds this week and sucks all the cheddar out of that pack attack.

The O' grows a pair with a strong run game.

SKIN(-A-) DA CLOWN: UPSET OF THE SEASON ALERT!!!

Skins are 3 point dogs

Skin(-A-) Da' clown thinks wait until late week! Chedder flows on the

Pack in the Big Sin..

I predict skins getting 4 or 5 by game day. 

Money line....? Just ain't juicy enough for me

Skins 21 pack 17

HTTR! 

good guys

-----------------------------------------------------

image.png.e4a19871a4b13d8bc7c03b2fe3b289d6.png

It was soon after that Tomahawk authorities found the 350 pound Wolski out of breath on her bedroom floor.

"We hear this all the time," cited Tomahawk police chief Ralph Simmons.  "The women here are always trying to fit into the 5XL when they're obviously a 6XL.  It's sad...but, you know, they get these gifts for their birthday back when they're a size lighter, then the holidays come, and you get to eatin' a couple of those cheese wheels, and boom!"

Authorities found the 45 year old Wolski with her camo pants half on, and clutching a copy of Bob Seger's Greatest Hits.  Just outside her outstretched arms was a bucket of Merkts cheese.  Police felt that Wolski believed this could be her demise.

Wolski's husband Jerry Wolski was stunned to hear of his wife's troubles.

"She was really trying hard to lose weight.  We had her down to a 12 pack of Miller, one cheese wheel, and small doses of knockwurst.  This was a woman of sacrifice.  We're all praying for her." 

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-tough/2011/01/350-pound-female-packers-fan-sent-to-hospital-after-struggling-to-put-on-camo/

Thoughts and prayers.

Why is it that the overwhelming majority of pundits are predicting a ten point win for the packers most even more than that but the spread is only 3?

Why do the people making the spreads have far more confidence in the Redskins than everybody else including most of our fans. 

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Why is it that the overwhelming majority of pundits are predicting a ten point win for the packers most even more than that but the spread is only 3?

Why do the people making the spreads have far more confidence in the Redskins than everybody else including most of our fans. 

Florio was just on 106.7 making fun of the spread saying GB should smoke the Redskins.  

I think the odds makers have it right.  GB pass defense is what like ranked 27?  Rodgers is hobbled some.  I predicted a close loss but I don't see this as some crazy/impossible mission.

In last week's prediction thread I was skeptical about our Redskins beating the Colts but refused to make a prediction. I did, however, reference a tradition of winning big games (season opener in this case) and then losing the following week or even another tradition of beating really good teams but losing to teams we consider to be worse than us. I turned out to be correct in my sentiment.

So... In keeping with that sentiment, I hereby predict a victory over the Green Bay Packers in week 3. It's who we are. We can beat any good team and we can be beaten by any bad team. 

I have no idea what the score will be but I expect a low-scoring game because we will have to do it on the ground. Play keep-away, eat the clock, edge out the high-flying air attack from Aaron Rodgers. 

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

And I like what your saying..I'm old school football when ya seek out the weak ya destroy to take down the enemy..I miss Gregg Williams...dooohhh haha.jk on a softer side of things..I'm thinking the chances of him not playing are increasing as the week progresses..again this is Rodgers and he'll play through tremendous pain but if we luck out and he don't play it should increase our chances of a win? 

Right. And to re-iterate I am not rooting for Rodgers to get hurt, not at all, but at the same time, I am also not wanting the pass rush to take it easier on him just because he is hobbled. The choice to play on a hurt knee is his and his alone.  He is basically admitting that he should probably be not playing on that knee but as long as he can manage the pain itself, he will ignore the implications.

Hmm - I think this is an interesting one because - well the strength of the Packers line is on the edges - the Colts strength was in the middle..... The Colts had success attacking the middle of our offensive line and pulling in their ends to clog the running game - something that is going to be exemplified in this game with Lav out - so we are going to have to be creative with roll outs and quick screens to mitigate internal pressure - I see this being low scoring and dinking and dunking all day long from both sides ... 

I can see a Skins win here - I think we did not play as badly as some - especially in the media want to portray but it will be close 

Archived