Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unpopular Opinions Thread (Non-Political)

AsburySkinsFan

6 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

I hate ketchup, mayo, and mustard.

Olive oil, ground pepper, garlic, and grated cheese are real condiments.

Ostrich and Bison are far tastier than beef.

Riggo is a hipster trapped in an older man's body and desperately trying to claw his way out. 

On 8/25/2018 at 8:58 AM, Springfield said:

People always sing Don’t Stop Believing, but I think that Lights or even Wheel in the Sky is Journey’s best song.

my unpopular opinion...   Saying "Journey's best song.... "   is like saying:   

"my favorite stomach flu..."   

or   

" the best zit i ever had...."

(and yeah, this is true for Foreigner even moreso)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Papa John's Pizza isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is.

pizza hut is the worst by far

I actually agree with you on point #1. It really depends on what/how many toppings you order though.

Pizza Hut isn't bad, it used to suck but its improved.

12 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Foo Fighters > Nirvana 

12 hours ago, Springfield said:

God dammit there is no angry reaction

TAKE IT BACK!!!

11 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Nope. While unpopular, I believe it is 100% accurate 

Skinsgoldpants is 100% right!

Background, I was in high school when Smells Like Teen Spirit released, I was an instant fan. I loved everything Nirvana put out, but Kurt was a tortured soul and his music always reflected that which is why I believe Nirvana would never has lasted much longer than the grunge scene if Kurt had lived. But since he died everyone elevates him higher than they ought. 

David Grohl however is a tremendous musician, he played EVERY part on the Foo Fighters original album. He took the angst of grunge and moved it forward with strong song writing and brilliant music. As an artist David has only ever wanted to grow and push himself and the band into greatness. Every album for him was seen as a challenge to advance his craft while staying true to what the Foo Fighters are. From the unofficial Foo anthem, Everlong to Best of You, from My Hero to Pretender, from Learn to Fly to Run you get to see the progression an artistry from a guy who knows that songwriting and music is way more than a drugged up reflection of social angst. 

Just look at the story behind each album, the debut was just him wanting to make music, and even when he faced criticism for somehow betraying Kurt, he is a misician and musicians make music. To The Colour and the Shape where David made the controversial decision to re-record the entire album with him playing the drums rather than the band’s drummer because David wasn’t satisfied. The growth from Nothing Left to Lose to One By One is astounding. Then to tackle to behemouth that is In Your Honor, and then for the sound to evolve even further by Echos Silence Patience and Grace is incredible. With all of their albums you can find that strong guitar lead which is classic Foo but the growth from one to the next is staggering. It’s like comparing a photo of a three year old to his graduation photo.

Then you look at the way some of these projects were done, using reel-to-reel in Dave’s converted garage for Wasting Light. To the epic road trip and homage to music history that is Sonic Highways, to the intentional stylized differences on In Your Honor, to a nearly fully evolved Foo with their latest Concrete and Gold.

If Kurt hadn’t ended things permanently I think he would have soon done an Axle Rose, in turning against fans and music, such is the nature of the tortured soul. Kurt never would have been playing music past the 90’s. David on the otver hand was born to fly.

2018 Foo Fighters Rupp Arena, Lexington

30452973018_15d80654b2_b.jpg

30452972998_a40d08ecd5_b.jpg

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

26 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Foo Fighters is different than Nirvana.  Both are GREAT.

Nirvana was what the 90’s needed, but they would have played out because Kurt was so tortured but that doesn’t last, people get bored with hearing the bellaching. Nirvana was the 90’s version of the Doors. 30 years later seen as great for all of the sentimental reasons.

Vinegar is garbage, and smells like garbage too.  Anything to which it’s added in its raw form also becomes inedible garbage.  This includes North Carolina bbq.  Its only value in food is as an ingredient in a recipe that masks its garbage flavor.  

• Thanks 1

I like vinegar on collard greens, spinach, etc, and fish, but that's about it. There's hundreds of good uses for vinegar though. I've said this before here, but it's a great weed killer. I used it recently to remove rust off of some old bolts that I needed to re-use. Soaked 'em for hours in a small water bottle, shaking it occasionally. It did a pretty good job.

--

I hate trees. Not all trees, like trees in woods, forests, parks, in other people's yards (unless it's may neighbors 100 year old oak that used to rain leaves and acorns into my yard for months on end), or anywhere else they may be... just in my yard. I swear I've lost a few years of my life battling them. Raking, cutting limbs, cutting them down, chopping up stumps, paying out thousands of dollars having them removed if it was something I couldn't handle. Hate 'em.