Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unpopular Opinions Thread (Non-Political)

AsburySkinsFan

40 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

I don't like any hard liquor. And I have tried every which way to drink some bourbon/whiskey/scotch and have yet to like a single drop.

I wish more people were like you, tis nasty stuff and demand keeps bumping the prices up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

IPA (beer) tastes awful. 

As a kid, I curiously tasted wax from my ear. Disgusting, I know.

It happened once, and the taste has stayed with me.

That same disgusting-ness came rushing back when I first tried an IPA. That's right.....IPAs taste like ear wax.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

That same disgusting-ness came rushing back when I first tried an IPA. That's right.....IPAs taste like ear wax.

tenor.gif?itemid=9422499

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't know enough about beer to say what I don't like.  If I ask for one, I ask for a Yuengling, and heaven forbid they don't have I ask for one like it.  Anytime a beer argument ensues, I'm typically the one to ask where the whiskey at.

Yuengilng is not very good.  It's an OK cheap beer if you don't mind the beer ****s the next day.  Their black and tan in a bottle is pointless, but if you can have them pour it in a bar where the black and tan come out of separate taps and float differently in the glass, that's cool.  I visited their original brewery in Pottsville, PA which was interesting, because they are still brewing it in this old brick building in the middle of town with the doors wide open because there is no A/C.  And they have the historical part of their tour about what they did during Prohibition.  

fbb26yE.jpg

lbp1cdA.jpg

Edited by China
  • Haha 1

@China ya, I know it's not the beat beer, but stuff like what your talking about draws me to it.  The day I saw budwiser talking about being official sponsor on World Cup, I wondered how many large America beer franchise there are left.  I'm super cool with the rise of the microbrews, I'm jus a liquor man more.

After several years of endless testing throughout a bonafide craft beer-a-palooza city, I've identified a smooth sipping, non-bitter, non-hoppy beer that I can actually drink and enjoy en masse. I love it. I expect it to be discontinued at some point soon.

300938.jpg

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, twa said:

I like high proof tequila straight

Are people really intentionally diluting their liquor these days with water?  My dad talked me out my single ice cube phase, now people that drink at bars with me think I have alcohol problems.  I drank a double shot of whiskey like a single in front of a bartender at union station and she asked me if I wanted another almost reluctantly. "Not yet." For some reason that was reassuring to her.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Are people really intentionally diluting their liquor these days with water?  My dad talked me out my single ice cube phase, now people that drink at bars with me think I have alcohol problems.  I drank a double shot of whiskey like a single in front of a bartender at union station and she asked me if I wanted another almost reluctantly. "Not yet." For some reason that was reassuring to her.

Depends on the booze, a 90 proof is just a watered down barrel strength. “On the rocks” is just a way of chilling AND watering down a drink. Adding a splash of room temp water can lower a big bourbon’s punch AND maintaibs the consistency throughout the drink. There’s simply no difference in splashing a 140 proof bourbon and drinking a 90 proof bourbon. For novices, I suggest lowering the proof on a 90 since most vodka and tequila drinkers get overwhelmed by bourbon because it has actual flavor.

20 hours ago, grego said:

He was Norman Bates in the 98 version of psycho 

Never saw it...probably for the best

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

So I guess there is a subset of hipsters that are beer snobs. Good to know. 

Is this comment directed at anyone in particular? I'm trying to figure out how it follows from the rest of the conversation. 

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 9:02 AM, TheDoyler23 said:

My fellow millennials do many things well, but they seem to give their kids the worst goddamn names. 

Names like Ethel are strange to me... unless you were born in the late 1880's through the early 1930's. 

Ja'mar'Quavious is an odd one that I have heard of. 

On 9/7/2018 at 6:41 PM, CRobi21 said:

To me, IPA’s taste like weed smells... except I don’t want to eat weed or drink weed, especially in leaf form.

So yeah, I’m good with a light beer, a wheat beer, something that doesn’t choke me out when I drink it.

My fellow millennials do many things well, but they seem to give their kids the worst goddamn names. 

Im not a fan of the trendy names.  Braden, Aiden, anything ending in “—en”.

Im an old millennial (1982, wife 84).  We named our two boys common names that aren’t popular.  That way people know how to properly say them, but they don’t sound like trendy hipsters when they’re 4 years old.

Also, my two boys got my first and middle names as their own middle names as well.  Tradition type stuff.

4 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Oh speaking of weed...

Unpopular opinion - I actually really like the smell of it. 

It smells fantastic.  It’s not what I want my beer to taste like though.

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Easy to get behind on this thread! 

Bellhaven & Moosehead FTW.

?...what are the worst you've heard? 

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What, like Brylee?  Kylan?  

You’re both all over it.

Brixton would be the worst. But every other kid seems to be named Wyatt or Sawyer. I know multiple families with one of each. 

Probably not unpopular. 

Facebook has created more stalkers than Myspace. 

Maybe that is just an opinion. When I bought my last car...the salesman told us he was looking for our facebook. Scary stuff...dude...i'm paying cash. 

I'm old...no reason for that nonsense. I understand that I don't look as old as I am...but you have my phone number. He was trying to stalk our friends ( IMO). 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Probably not unpopular. 

Facebook has created more stalkers than Myspace. 

Maybe that is just an opinion. When I bought my last car...the salesman told us he was looking for our facebook. Scary stuff...dude...i'm paying cash. 

I'm old...no reason for that nonsense. I understand that I don't look as old as I am...but you have my phone number. He was trying to stalk our friends ( IMO). 

When 2 billion people are using it, ya, you should do somethings to keep people from finding you if you don't want to be found that easily.  My cousin doesn't use her real name, you can set it where only your friends can see your page, not friends of friends or public.  Default Settings are too wide open, despite Facebook's attempts to say what they're doing is more secure now (they still want you easily found)

• Like 1

Without a doubt. It's either a name that sounds like your kid is a main character in a teen vampire flick, or an expensive bottle of water.

I've always been jealous if cultures with names that truly mean something other than it's in a book of neat baby names.

• Like 1