Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unpopular Opinions Thread (Non-Political)

AsburySkinsFan

52 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

And yet the most popular boy baby names of 2018 are mostly biblical still.

Noah, Liam, Benjamin, Oliver, William, James, Elijah, Lucas, Mason, Michael

Oliver is actually of Scandinavian (pagan) origin. 

William is more Germanic of origin, not Hebrew-"biblical" like the others. 

Edited by Elessar78

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Or an alias for a man, trapped on a moving (both physically and through time) tropical island who is hoping to avenge the death of his parents caused by a con man. 

Never did understand that show, stopped watching whenever they refused to show what was making all the noise in the trees (season 1) I guess that counts as an unpopular opinion.

14 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Never did understand that show, stopped watching whenever they refused to show what was making all the noise in the trees (season 1) I guess that counts as an unpopular opinion.

Oh I LOVED the show. I understood how it degraded and then ultimately ended badly. But, if Lost got two things right, they were character development and casting. To me, the backdrop of the show became less important and I cared so much week to week to learn more about each character. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Oh I LOVED the show. I understood how it degraded and then ultimately ended badly. But, if Lost got two things right, they were character development and casting. To me, the backdrop of the show became less important and I cared so much week to week to learn more about each character. 

Been there myself with other shows, but that one just lost me. I guess I wanted some questions answered sooner and lost patience. 

We should get rid of the cheesy montages, commentary and storytelling at the Olympics. 

I'm here to watch the competition between athletes who've dedicated and trained their lives for this moment. I don't need the manipulative, tear-jerker back story. If that's not enough for you, Dear Viewer, then maybe the Olympics isn't for you. Go watch a soap opera. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

We should get rid of the cheesy montages, commentary and storytelling at the Olympics. 

I'm here to watch the competition between athletes who've dedicated and trained their lives for this moment. I don't need the manipulative, tear-jerker back story. If that's not enough for you, Dear Viewer, then maybe the Olympics isn't for you. Go watch a soap opera. 

That's a popular opinion. Bob Costas can go suck eggs with his soapbox bull****.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

On top of this, no more tearjerking stories on sportscenter.  I came for the highlights and weak insight.  

Unpopular opinion: Mike Tyson never fought anyone good outside of an older Michael Spinks and aging Larry Holmes.

• Like 1

Its the reason i cant watch american ninja warrior.  Cant anyone just run the ****ing course?  No.  No they cant.  We have to hear first aboit how their pet gerbil died or how they overcame genital warts in their hometown of pig****er, arkansas

1 hour ago, mcsluggo said:

Unpopular Opinion:

"Sons of Anarchy" was a terrible show.   awful.    boring.  badly acted.   predictable.    lame.     

i have less than no interest in watching Sons of Anarchy deux.   

This I can agree with.  And I will raise you one...

The Walking Dead sucks.  The writers forgot that the plot should arc at some point.  I mean, if it just keeps going straight up at 45 degreea, at some point i just dont give a ****.  For me that was season 3.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

Vampire movies catered to teenagers suck! 

FTFY, Bram Stokers and 30 days of Night would like to have a word with you.  I got laid putting up with first Twilight, when that bamma started glittering in sunlight, i wanted Wesley Snipes to show up and brutality his ass.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

Chris Collinsworth is an excellent announcer. Al and Chris are the best football duo on TV. 

*In the running for winning this thread*

2 hours ago, zoony said:

Its the reason i cant watch american ninja warrior.  Cant anyone just run the ****ing course?  No.  No they cant.  We have to hear first aboit how their pet gerbil died or how they overcame genital warts in their hometown of pig****er, arkansas

Your malfunction is rooting for success. 

5 hours ago, zoony said:

This I can agree with.  And I will raise you one...

The Walking Dead sucks.  The writers forgot that the plot should arc at some point.  I mean, if it just keeps going straight up at 45 degreea, at some point i just dont give a ****.  For me that was season 3.

Hell yes. Let’s get 2-3 more ninjas per episode by talking less. I’d rather see a ninja get a re-try than hear you talk. 

• Like 1