Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unpopular Opinions Thread (Non-Political)

AsburySkinsFan

1 hour ago, Chew said:

People who don't perform oral sex, whether male or female, have no place in the 21st century world. 

Bon appetite, mon ami.

That's not an unpopular opinion.  

7 minutes ago, Chew said:

My wife cooks his ass for that every time he's on TV    :rofl89:

"Lissssteeeeennnnnn, you better eat this *****: 

Why do I hear Rosie Perez's voice when I read that quote?

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Eat is such an unimaginative word. Gotta approach that ****  like you're preparing it for the Afterlife. 

I just want to be at the pearly gates when you get there...this I gotta see.

What are you gonna sacrifice a chicken or something?

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I just want to be at the pearly gates when you get there...this I gotta see.

What are you gonna sacrifice a chicken or something?

Chickens, fingers, hands, entire solar systems. Damn event horizon if anybody dares get close to a man at work...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I think sports talk radio callers know next to nothing about sports and are just narcissists. 

It’s for that exact reason I dropped my XM Radio subscription. It was all sports talk radio or one call in show or another. It was nothing but one trash call after another. I don’t think I got past my free two week trial before cancelling.

58 minutes ago, zoony said:

I do not like wine.  Besides giving me ridiculous heartburn, i just dont care for it.  I will drink a glass to be polite but thats it

Wine tastes like moldy dishwasher water. I have been to numerous tastings both here and in Napa, and it ALL tastes nasty. No matter how many I try or pairing with delicious meats. I just can’t acquire a taste for it. And I will not drink a glass to be polite. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I have never figured out how it became so popular.

Yeah. Me neith. I guess there IS a subset of the population in general whose taste buds are keyed in for that bitter flavor.

I like pretty much all beers: lagers, stouts, porters, wheats, malts and every thing else in between—except IPAs and some weird fruit infused beers. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Yeah. Me neith. I guess there IS a subset of the population in general whose taste buds are keyed in for that bitter flavor.

I like pretty much all beers: lagers, stouts, porters, wheats, malts and every thing else in between—except IPAs and some weird fruit infused beers. 

Agreed, I love the smooth barley, wheats, and other grains. I like rich dark beers as well as some well balanced lagers. I don't care a much for many ales because they feel thin to me and are usually a "summertime beer". But the hops overload is awful, my mouth rejects that bitterness and I just can't bring myself to take another sip of it.

It's like with so many things lately; bacon, pumpkin spice, hops. Something is good on its own, it adds another dimension to cooking or a meal and then when it becomes popular everyone starts making meals out of the garnish as the centerpiece.

Don't get me wrong, I like bacon, I like pumpkin spice, and I think in balance I like hops, but why does EVERYTHING have to get the Spinal Tap "it goes to 11" treatment?!

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

6 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Don't get me wrong, I like bacon, I like pumpkin spice, and I think in balance I like hops, but why does EVERYTHING have to get the Spinal Tap "it goes to 11" treatment?!

Honestly, from my marketing/pop culture perch, I think established companies and people trying to make a buck have become very risk averse. We see it in Hollywood where we have ridiculous super hero movie franchises keep going on for infinity (pun intended). 

You get genuine trailblazers, like, say, Dogfishead Brewery. Prob one of the first to introduce IPAs broadly in the east coast. And marketing departments are good at ritualizing things: ****es look forward to Pumpkin Spice season—it's the flavor of sweaters and changing leaves.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Honestly, from my marketing/pop culture perch, I think established companies and people trying to make a buck have become very risk averse. We see it in Hollywood where we have ridiculous super hero movie franchises keep going on for infinity (pun intended). 

You get genuine trailblazers, like, say, Dogfishead Brewery. Prob one of the first to introduce IPAs broadly in the east coast. And marketing departments are good at ritualizing things: ****es look forward to Pumpkin Spice season—it's the flavor of sweaters and changing leaves.  

Oh I'm certain that it's the aversion to risk that drives most of it, and the desire to let someone else fund creativity while the others leech off it.

Dogfish Head is a perfect example, they've been forced to protect their brand from the big dogs who have the capital to roll out a knock off, and then they have to protect themselves against start-ups who want to build their companies off Dogfish Head's success. All because of the work that Dogfish Head did in creating something successful. Now, everyone just wants to roll out their knock off that they spent the weekend copying.

56 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I have never figured out how it became so popular.

I actually love hops. Sierra Nevada torpedo, loose cannon, lagunitas maximus. Love it all. 

Actually not a huge dogfish head 60 minute lover though. 

I think it's a personal taste bud thing. I used to be like zoony - hated wine. Now, I love it. Good wine, not cheap wine. 

Stags Leap is like tasting heaven. 

I still prefer keeping my own score when I go bowling. Maybe it's because I learned how to bowl at duckpin bowling alleys that still used hand scoring but if you know what you're doing, it can be more reliable than computers and easier to fix mistakes. 

It's one of the reasons I always, always, always try to go visit White Oak Bowling Alley when I visit MoCo. It's a small thing but it adds to the experience. 

(Plus all the other duckpin alleys in MoCo closed so it's my only destination)