Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ravens Sign Robert Griffin III

Dan T.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I honestly am not convinced he'll make the final roster. I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Ravens drafted a guy in the mid-rounds...

Here's the other thing.  Just like with Kirk, I don't wish him ill, but I certainly don't wish for him to succeed either.  He basically blew up the franchise because of his enormous ego.  I don't hope he does well, and I don't want to see the redemption story.  

I certainly don't mind if he does well, but I'm certainly not rooting for him either. I have always been an accountability guy, through and through. While what happened here was certainly a wide two way street, he is one hell of a whiny chatterbox. And if he succeeds, it won't be a "Redemption" story in my eyes, but a "I Finally Put My B.S. Aside And Dedicated Myself To The QB Position" story.

31 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

its going to be kirk vs rg3 in next years superbowl. no doubt about it

That makes way too much sense...?

4 hours ago, mojo said:

Good luck to him but he’s his own worse enemy.  Gruden was right in that he thinks he can turn every play into a touchdown.  Until he learns it’s better to slide or throw the ball instead of taking a kill shot for a 5 yd gain, his injury history will continue as it has.

One thing I never understood about him....I think everyone here can agree that RG3 was many things, but he was a truly gifted athlete.  

But how could he not know how to slide?  It was weird.

Hope he has some success but I don't think anything happens for him, unless the Ravens run a read option.  His biggest mistake was the idea that he could be a pocket passer.  

10 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Two things may help him succeed this time:

1. A surgically repaired and healed knee.

2. Hubris.

Honestly, neither of those are going to help him when he really is just that brittle. He had a fresh start with a surgically repaired and healed knee in Cleveland, and that went down the drain after one season. Granted, Cleveland was trash, but him being injured almost the entire season contributed to it. If he can't stay healthy, it doesn't matter what face he puts on.

Screw'em, hope he gets cut.  No way in hell I want to see him succeed after everything we gave up for him, setting the team back years because of lost 1st round picks.  That along with all the drama he contributed to while here after that miracle rookie season.  Plus, while it has nothing to do with football, he cheated on his wife who had just given birth to his child, hard to get behind a ****ty person.  

40 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

No way in hell I want to see him succeed after everything we gave up for him, setting the team back years because of lost 1st round picks.  That along with all the drama he contributed to while here after that miracle rookie season. 

I agree with everything quoted except for the picks we gave up to get him.  That wasn't his fault.

Maybe they feel sorry for basically ruining his career. It was them that started his downward trend. Plus, he’s probably a good shorts and t shirt QB. He has a great arm and was pretty accurate. His problem comes when players are flying around him and he relies on his athleticism instead of his teammates. 

Either way, screw the Ravens. I hope he continues their demise.

On 4/4/2018 at 6:36 PM, Gibbit said:

On 4/4/2018 at 7:07 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

That makes way too much sense...?

On 4/4/2018 at 10:32 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I like that...

16 hours ago, ddub52 said:

That’s way too much purple for one TV screen. 

And when RG3 runs for another 76-yard TD, ironically Cousins' sideline reaction will be exactly the same as when they were teammates

kirk-cousins-rg3-run-against-vikings_1.j

On 4/5/2018 at 12:18 PM, DJHJR86 said:

I agree with everything quoted except for the picks we gave up to get him.  That wasn't his fault.

I was fine with the trade at the time.  Speaking after the fact though, after we gave up all those picks to get him and only got the one good season, then to watch him burn out and fade away to then riding the bench and eventually getting released and on to another team and being out of the league last season.  The last thing I want him to do is succeed anywhere else.  

I can accept making the trade (at that particular moment in time) and it resulting in him being a bust and out of the league (or a clipboard holder for a few seasons).  I could not accept him all of the sudden being the franchise QB and start balling out the way we thought he would in DC for another team, after we went through all that.  

On 4/7/2018 at 5:09 AM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I could not accept him all of the sudden being the franchise QB and start balling out the way we thought he would in DC for another team, after we went through all that.  

I hope you aren't losing a lot of sleep over this near impossibly.

But for me I'd laugh my ass off if he turned All Pro. Just thinking about Dan Snyders reaction to it. 

This would literally make him 100% Wile E Coyote. :headbang:

3 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

I hope you aren't losing a lot of sleep over this near impossibly.

But for me I'd laugh my ass off if he turned All Pro. Just thinking about Dan Snyders reaction to it. 

This would literally make him 100% Wile E Coyote. :headbang:

Of course not.  I really don’t think much about him, except when he pops up in posts.  But I don’t want him to succeed anywhere else and that ship has sailed.

On 4/5/2018 at 11:37 AM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Screw'em, hope he gets cut.  No way in hell I want to see him succeed after everything we gave up for him, setting the team back years because of lost 1st round picks.  That along with all the drama he contributed to while here after that miracle rookie season.  Plus, while it has nothing to do with football, he cheated on his wife who had just given birth to his child, hard to get behind a ****ty person.  

i don't blame you for feeling that way, especially after that last thing came out. 

I went to the cleveland game two seasons ago specifically to see us crunch his *** and draw closure for myself on the topic, but of course he was hurt and didn't play.  I want to give Ravens benefit of the doubt on this one that he must be showing something as a QB for them to take a chance on him.  If he gets cut before regular season, think that's all we need to know on that front, and I'm choosing to stay indifferent either way (2012 might of well have been last millennium, but took me a while to delete all those avi and mkv games I had).   

I'm not convinced he can stay healthy enough to even make it to a super bowl, and @Mr. Sinister comment on him looking like a crash dummy with a mop on his head is spot on.  I've described him to people as watching a muppet flopping limbs in every direction along the field until someone clocks his *** and cuts all the strings at the same time.   If he's still doing that, he won't make it out of preseason anyway.

Griffin doesn't have the mind to run a traditional pro offense nor the body to run a college spread offense in the NFL in my opinion.  He has had enough opportunities to show some progress in processing a field and just isn't able.  I don't know if he makes the team but at least no one will ask the Ravens to explain why they haven't hired Kaepernick with Griffin on the payroll.

On 4/5/2018 at 11:37 AM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

You know, it really has nothing to do with football and we clearly don’t know the whole story but the circumstances surrounding him leaving his wife, his newborn child and openly starting to court an InstaModel and not even really hiding what he was doing was ... unseemly.  And honestly it turned me more against him as a person than anything.

I get that marriages don’t always last, and he got married very young, and stuff happens.  But the WAY it happened showed the same immaturity he displayed as a player.  

I hope Rebecca Lindocott (or however you spell it) took him for every dime she could get. 

I called out rgIII for being a hypocrite when he posted some rubbish about #GodsPlan showing him and his new wife. Like bro, the God you claim to bow to condemns what you did to secure your new wife. 

He and his ex-wife obviously monitor his detractors seriously on IG because he posted some long reply and then his ex DM'd me basically to say what a snake he is and how God is watching and will judge accordingly. Obviously, she keeps pretty close tabs on him still as evidenced by her paragraph long message. Then her sister followed me.

All in all, in was a pretty entertaining hour on social media

3 hours ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

I called out rgIII for being a hypocrite when he posted some rubbish about #GodsPlan showing him and his new wife. Like bro, the God you claim to bow to condemns what you did to secure your new wife. 

He and his ex-wife obviously monitor his detractors seriously on IG because he posted some long reply and then his ex DM'd me basically to say what a snake he is and how God is watching and will judge accordingly. Obviously, she keeps pretty close tabs on him still as evidenced by her paragraph long message. Then her sister followed me.

All in all, in was a pretty entertaining hour on social media

Yeah, it was pretty gross.  I heard some things about his ex which made me think but ultimately he decided to marry her.  

It goes to show you, you can't trust the image someone puts forth. There's no problem accepting someone on a basic level but until you know them...it's all marketing.

All I know is that dude has destroyed two genetic pools.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, Gibbit said:

Ya know, I hadn't considered a Kirk-vs-RGIII Purple Bowl.  Now that would definitely be interesting! 

Coincidentally, I don't know who I'd cheer for in such a matchup. 

Do you??

4 hours ago, Diehard Otis said:

Ya know, I hadn't considered a Kirk-vs-RGIII Purple Bowl.  Now that would definitely be interesting! 

Coincidentally, I don't know who I'd cheer for in such a matchup. 

Do you??

Baltimore.

I consider them my other team.  I'm a firm believer in supporting the home team and since I grew up in the area, I support them as long as it doesn't affect the Skins.  Same with Orioles vs Nats.

13 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Baltimore.

I consider them my other team.  I'm a firm believer in supporting the home team and since I grew up in the area, I support them as long as it doesn't affect the Skins.  Same with Orioles vs Nats.

I'm with ya on the baseball tip (I do cheer both, but more of an O's fan).  But there's only one true love for me - The B & G.  I don't mind the Ravens, but I don't "cheer" them.

As for the hypothetical matchup, I s'pose I'd take Bmore since them beating Minnesota would have to help The Skins a little bit.

Archived