Ravens Sign Robert Griffin III

Dan T.

ProFootballTalkVerified account @ProFootballTalk

Ravens worried about Lamar Jackson taking too many hits

Ravens worried Lamar Jackson is taking too many hits

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 22, 2018, 3:18 PM EDT
ap_182220353611631.jpg?w=560&h=316&crop=
AP

Ravens rookie quarterback Lamar Jackson said he hasn’t “performed at a high level yet.”

At the moment, the Ravens are simply worried about him getting leveled.

Via Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com, Ravens offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said he’s worried about Jackson taking too many hits, and the fact their first-rounder hasn’t developed the ability or inclination to slide.

Yeah, that’s not good,” Mornhinweg said. “It’s just that simple. . . .

“We’d rather get down a step too early than a step too late. As you can see, that’s an ongoing process. Some of it is experience because he needs to have to filter through what he can get away with and what he can’t in this league.”

In two preseason games, Jackson has rushed for 72 yards, and Monday against the Colts, he lowered his head while scrambling and flipped over a defensive player. His running was a feature, not a bug, during his college days, when he ran for 3,172 yards and 39 touchdowns his final two seasons.

Ravens backup Robert Griffin III knows a thing or two about running too much, and has tried to counsel the rookie.

“What I try to tell him mostly is that in this league things happen faster,” Griffin said. “It’s not that he can’t run — he just has to be smart when he does run. He’s going to have to learn some things on his own as he’s out there and he’s working. I think he’ll figure it out pretty quickly, and he’ll still be the dynamic player that he is.”

21 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Taking too many hits?  Having Griffin as a mentor and role model for Jackson?   I used to think the Ravens were well run, now mind you I wasn’t playing close attention, but this is a whole lot of stupid.

Well i can promise you both Jackson and griffin will be safe from any hits next Thursday ?? 

On 8/22/2018 at 3:24 PM, Califan007 said:

ProFootballTalkVerified account @ProFootballTalk

Ravens worried about Lamar Jackson taking too many hits

Ravens worried Lamar Jackson is taking too many hits

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 22, 2018, 3:18 PM EDT
AP

Ravens rookie quarterback Lamar Jackson said he hasn’t “performed at a high level yet.”

At the moment, the Ravens are simply worried about him getting leveled.

Via Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com, Ravens offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said he’s worried about Jackson taking too many hits, and the fact their first-rounder hasn’t developed the ability or inclination to slide.

Yeah, that’s not good,” Mornhinweg said. “It’s just that simple. . . .

A QB that takes too many hits and can't slide.

WHERE oh WHERE have I heard that story before...

(I was looking for a face-palm emoji, I thought we had one, couldn't find one... but face-palm.)

On 8/22/2018 at 4:00 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

RG is gonna get that kid killed.

RG - "Trust me on this, watch and learn, kid."

*future Lamar Jackson comes back in time in big blast of blue light

Future Lamar - "NO, don't watch or learn ****, we're metal from the waist down now.  And no, they couldn't save that, it doesn't work anymore."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24505398/robert-griffin-iii-baltimore-ravens-no-extra-motivation-facing-washington-redskins

"Some people associate some bad things with that. But I don't. It's who I am," Griffin said. "When I came into this locker room, these guys didn't expect me to be the first guy in and last guy out. They expected me to come in with that moniker of RG III. I think I've earned their respect by how I've come out and worked every single day whether I get all the reps or no reps, whether I get no preparation for the game and then I have to play most of the game. I think that's part of why I've earned their respect, aside from being a cool guy."

:lol:

2 hours ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

I don't wish him ill but I really hope the Ravens aren't the team that can make Griffin a good QB again ...

Yeah... especially since it was them and Haloti Ngata's cheap shot that damaged him to begin with.

21 hours ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

To keep it 1000, he ran faster than any year since 2012 in that last game. I don't wish him ill but I really hope the Ravens aren't the team that can make Griffin a good QB again ...

Running was never really his problem though.

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Rumor is they didn’t play him because they want him upright so they can trade him.  Might make a good backup in Carolina.

I was surprised they didn't play Griffin and gave the second half reps to Woodrum.  Maybe Woodrum makes their practice squad and Griffin is traded or released.

On 8/28/2018 at 5:52 PM, ShaunAlexanderSkinsYears said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24505398/robert-griffin-iii-baltimore-ravens-no-extra-motivation-facing-washington-redskins

"Some people associate some bad things with that. But I don't. It's who I am," Griffin said. "When I came into this locker room, these guys didn't expect me to be the first guy in and last guy out. They expected me to come in with that moniker of RG III. I think I've earned their respect by how I've come out and worked every single day whether I get all the reps or no reps, whether I get no preparation for the game and then I have to play most of the game. I think that's part of why I've earned their respect, aside from being a cool guy."

:lol:

tenor.gif?itemid=5922973

Archived