Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ravens Sign Robert Griffin III

Dan T.

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Josh ends up with that roster spot.

Apparently he told them he doesn’t think it’s the right situation, since griffin will most likely be back by the start of the season. So he turned down the contract offer 

I think Josh Johnson turning the offer down is a mistake. The two other legit QBs on the roster are a fragile backup QB and a starter whose career up to this point has been devoted to running. How much better of a chance could he expect? Can't think of a better opportunity for him than that.

On 7/29/2019 at 4:35 PM, NickyJ said:

I think Josh Johnson turning the offer down is a mistake. The two other legit QBs on the roster are a fragile backup QB and a starter whose career up to this point has been devoted to running. How much better of a chance could he expect? Can't think of a better opportunity for him than that.

I agree. This could be his last offer. He doesn't seem like he's in a position to be picky.

Also, even if it's just until RG3 returns at the season's beginning, the Preaseason would be good for him, both to keep him sharp, and provide more exposure to potential suitors.

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yep. Even with the browns we played them like week 4 or week 5, and he got injured halfway through the first game 🙁

Yep, I remember because I bought tickets to that game before the season started, stupid me *facepalm

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 4:35 PM, NickyJ said:

JJ just signed with the Lions.

And Nate Sudfeld is out for a while with a broken wrist.

It doesn't matter much. But for anyone that might be interested.

On 8/12/2019 at 9:58 PM, xxprodigyxx said:

For those wondering why I called RG3 a scumbag...it's because he divorced his wife, while she was pregnant, and all signs point to the fact that he was cheating on her.  For a guy that talks about God and virtue...he's a POS.

Probably not wise to judge another mans marriage, when you really have absolutely no idea what’s going on in their house.  

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Probably not wise to judge another mans marriage, when you really have absolutely no idea what’s going on in their house.  

I'm not sure how many situations exist where cheating on your pregnant wife is socially or morally acceptable, but I bet it's pretty few.

On 8/12/2019 at 6:58 PM, xxprodigyxx said:

For those wondering why I called RG3 a scumbag...it's because he divorced his wife, while she was pregnant, and all signs point to the fact that he was cheating on her.  For a guy that talks about God and virtue...he's a POS.

Just for clarity, he didn't divorce her while she was pregnant. There were also news items about him not meeting his current wife until about a year after his child was born (but still married, I think...although if so, divorced not too long after that).

With everything going on in this world, im really glad I don't have the energy to hate people for what happened in their marriage (save for spousal abuse), because if you're in one, have lived through it as a child, or know people going through it, you know it's just way too flimsy (and childish, honestly)  make assumptions as an outsider.

Archived