Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ravens Sign Robert Griffin III

Dan T.

9 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

He played pretty good in the HOF game...don't know :o

He took 3 sacks, and had a strip sack fumble nullified by penalty. Threw for 57 yards in a quarter and a half.

Not sure I'd call that pretty good. 

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

He took 3 sacks, and had a strip sack fumble nullified by penalty. Threw for 57 yards in a quarter and a half.

Not sure I'd call that pretty good. 

Id look at that LT who didnt even touch that rusher who got the strip sack but was also tje one who jumped offside. That LT literally kicked out, put his arm out, got his hand smacked down and boom hit Griffin. Literally was set, hike, hit.

57 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Id look at that LT who didnt even touch that rusher who got the strip sack but was also tje one who jumped offside. That LT literally kicked out, put his arm out, got his hand smacked down and boom hit Griffin. Literally was set, hike, hit.

Yeah. He didn't get the best protection last night. 

22 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think pretty good equates to ‘better than we expected’.

While yes the protection wasn’t always stellar it appears he still can’t step up and let it go at the speed it needs to happen.

Agreed, but maybe he can find a spot on the Raven bench and stay a part of the game he loves for a season or two.  I don’t think he is wired to process a field quick enough for success as an NFL QB but can function as a lightly used back up.  Flaco    better stay healthy for Griffin to stay healthy.

He was up and down. I saw him make some really good quick reads on blitzes....other times he held the ball too long or the OL did a ****ty job and he got rocked. The interception wasn't his fault, it was a nicely thrown ball on a quick slant that the receiver popped into the air.

He also looks like his knee is finally recovered from his injuries....only question is how long does he last? Like others have said, dude looks like a rag doll out there anytime he gets hit.

Hot take: Lamar Jackson = Geno Smith....huge bust.

15 hours ago, beachboy757 said:

Yeah. He didn't get the best protection last night. 

That's the thing, though.

With Griffin, you don't know if the o-line is playing poorly, or his style of play makes them look bad.

Think back to that Detroit preseason game, where the Redskins o-line looked terrible with Griffin in there. Then Cousins comes in, and they suddenly look like the Hogs.

Griffin's style of play in the past has made an o-line look bad. I really didn't see any change from that in the HoF game.

11 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

That's the thing, though.

With Griffin, you don't know if the o-line is playing poorly, or his style of play makes them look bad.

Think back to that Detroit preseason game, where the Redskins o-line looked terrible with Griffin in there. Then Cousins comes in, and they suddenly look like the Hogs.

Griffin's style of play in the past has made an o-line look bad. I really didn't see any change from that in the HoF game.

Yeah, Griffin drops and then fails to climb back into the pocket.  At a minimum, if a QB can’t release when he completes his drop he should start climbing back into the pocket to simplify things for the OL, Griffin hits his spot and stares downfield.  He is much more effective rolling to 1 side of the field and running if he doesn’t have an open target.  I think 5 or 7 step drops in the pocket set him up for failure.

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

really im trying to remember what the thread title is...,"Around the league thread?" or is that the name of this forum lol.....somebody start the game thread where we **** talk every other team already

For the regular season it’s “the official 20_ _ nfl gameday thread”. I dont think we’ve ever had one for the preseason though, mostly cause preseason sucks and nobody gives a **** ?? 

Archived