Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ravens Sign Robert Griffin III

Dan T.

Wow. At first I thought this was an April Fool's joke, that somehow managed to stick around for a few extra days.

Good for him.

It's been an uphill climb. And this is a big step, especially when you consider how hard it is for an NFL QB to come back after a long period of in-activity, not to mention the other things that he's had to deal with.

Also, they had Ryan Mallett as an un-signed FA, so they chose RG3 over him.

The only other QB's are Flacco and Woodrum, and Harbaugh was quoted as saying "We needed a #2 QB". Interesting.

He's a low risk back up at this point. I still think if he could get his confidence back he has a shot, but injuries and especially his brain got too much in his way. Still, in his magic year he was amazing. Extremely accurate, scanned the field doing multiple reads, elusive. Then, when it went away it went away so completely he barely managed to be able to hand the ball off without fumbling it. I never really witnessed a case of the yips as bad as RGIII. 

Good luck to him but he’s his own worse enemy.  Gruden was right in that he thinks he can turn every play into a touchdown.  Until he learns it’s better to slide or throw the ball instead of taking a kill shot for a 5 yd gain, his injury history will continue as it has.

4 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

He who's name shall not be mentioned, signed a 1-year deal with the Ravens. 

Back in about 2011, I coined the draft in 2008 "The Draft We Do Not Speak Of" and a player from said draft who's nickname is a hair styling implement "He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named."  I've been referring to him as such, and I even chastised a poster earlier today who refereed to this player by his full name that that WE DO NOT SAY HIS NAME.  

I respectfully ask that you refer to the QB formerly of the Redskins, then Browns and now Ravens as "you know who" or some other variant, as you are infringing on my copyright, (granted, I'm infinging on JK Rowling's copyright, but she's richer than the queen, so she can go stuff it...)

Thanks for your consideration...  

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I have no earthly clue why this is in the Stadium...

And just like that, POOF, it's not.  

I had the same thought and it's why I didn't reply to it earlier...

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And just like that, POOF, it's not.  

I had the same thought and it's why I didn't reply to it earlier...

Honestly I'm surprised someone signed him. Hadn't paid much attention until that Mike &Mike interview before the playoffs, where he sounded monumentally delusional and entitled.

But Harbaugh must have been convinced that he was the best available backup. I'd give it a couple weeks before he ignites some controversy up there. Can't help it.

I also don't think he can help being a de-cleater magnet. Never seen a dude supernaturally find concussive hits like him. Was like watching a crash test dummy with a mop on it's head.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Honestly I'm surprised someone signed him. Hadn't paid much attention until that Mike &Mike interview before the playoffs, where he sounded monumentally delusional and entitled.

But Harbaugh must have been convinced that he was the best available backup. I'd give it a couple weeks before he ignites some controversy up there. Can't help it.

I also don't think he can help being a de-cleater magnet. Never seen a dude supernaturally find concussive hits like him. Was like watching a crash test dummy with a mop on it's head.

I honestly am not convinced he'll make the final roster. I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Ravens drafted a guy in the mid-rounds...

Here's the other thing.  Just like with Kirk, I don't wish him ill, but I certainly don't wish for him to succeed either.  He basically blew up the franchise because of his enormous ego.  I don't hope he does well, and I don't want to see the redemption story.  

Archived