Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

26 minutes ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

I know, right!  With this season - you never know.  Heck, the dragons prob laid eggs overseas.  And now, Daario and other Dothraki warriors are going to ride in on dragons and save the day! 😄

I like that theory and it has crossed my mind Daario is the only character from last season who hasn't made a appearance or been mentioned , yet.   He has to play some part in this battle.

But yes i bet the dragons laid eggs, how does she know all 3 are males ? And even if they are maybe they are like sea horses and self reproduce`. Also didn't sir jorah in one episode mention the "dragon lands" or some ****, Too much nerd theory my brain is swimming

Edited by JoeJacobyHOForRIOT
  • Like 1

it can't be dragon eggs... it took her three dragons a long time to grow up.  i bet there's some way that she can reanimate petrified/hibernating dragons that they find at Dragonstone or something.  a bunch of baby dragons ain't helping without a crazy (even by GOT standards) unrealistic time warp.

My theory...Jon didn't say goodbye or pet Ghost because the writers completely forgot Ghost existed until fans started making noise about him never being around. So then they added a CG version of him, post production. And shot that one scene between Jon and Giantsbane explaining why we won't get any more Ghost for the rest of the series. The same was done for the Battle of Winterfell, they added Ghost running into battle with the Dothraki and you never see him again. They couldn't add him in anything else with that episode without making it obvious that he wasn't really a part of the script. 

• Like 2

This thread is a great example of how the internet tries to ruin everything nice.  Here we have, some of the best television in the history of television, and people are just ****ting on it from all angles.

Like, just stop watching.

The last two shows were great with the battle of Winterfell being one of the best TV show episodes of any show ever.

• Like 4

Just now, Springfield said:

This thread is a great example of how the internet tries to ruin everything nice.  Here we have, some of the best television in the history of television, and people are just ****ting on it from all angles.

The last two shows were great with the battle of Winterfell being one of the best TV show episodes of any show ever.

Ha yeah.

I have a friend, all he's done is **** on the show since S8 started yet YET he's all about super hero movies and STILL watches Walking Dead. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elessar78 said:

Ha yeah.

I have a friend, all he's done is **** on the show since S8 started yet YET he's all about super hero movies and STILL watches Walking Dead. 

.... I think you’re referring to someone on ES.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Some of the "reviews" have been entertaining.

1 hour ago, dchogs said:

it can't be dragon eggs... it took her three dragons a long time to grow up.  i bet there's some way that she can reanimate petrified/hibernating dragons that they find at Dragonstone or something.  a bunch of baby dragons ain't helping without a crazy (even by GOT standards) unrealistic time warp.

Hmmm. yes good point. Ok then what about Samwell tarwell reads some obscure passage in one of the books he stole from the citidel of a land where many dragons still roam, Better yet what if Bran worgs into a giant sea sloth and takes the capitol for his family  . I DONE LOST MY MIND

giphy.gif

51 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Dont think the majority of people are trying to ruin anything.

Are most disappointed with how they are rushing to end a show that most have loved for the last 10 years. I would agree with that. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Ha yeah.

With the super hero movies, there's lowered expectations.   These are based on comic books after all. 

GOT was based on an authentic literary work.   For the first 5 seasons, it was some of the best TV I've seen.   It started going downhill in season 6, coincidentally when it tried to pick up where the books left off.

Peter Jackson, for the most part, knocked it out of the park with the LOTR trilogy.   Yes there were some changes/omissions, but nothing really gamebreaking.   The complainers were really a tiny minority.  

My point is that people who **** on the show, aren't just doing it be trolls or contratrians.   There are legitimate grievances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Jon Snow is not Harry and the Night King is not Voldemort, and I hate everyone.

Spin-off series.

I'm down.

Jon finds a magical dragon that can fly through time. He travels to England where he finds Hogwarts and discovers that the Weasley family is descended from his pal Sam which makes Ron Weasley the true heir to the magical kingdom. Of course the NK follows Jon through time.

Last scene will be Jon holding a lightsaber to lead into the next series.h

5 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Spin-off series.

I'm down.

Jon finds a magical dragon that can fly through time. He travels to England where he finds Hogwarts and discovers that the Weasley family is descended from his pal Sam which makes Ron Weasley the true heir to the magical kingdom. Of course the NK follows Jon through time.

Last scene will be Jon holding a lightsaber to lead into the next series.h

d9d8e7a94e25210df8e72fbd98d14f633be8d395

29 minutes ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Dont think the majority of people are trying to ruin anything.

Are most disappointed with how they are rushing to end a show that most have loved for the last 10 years. I would agree with that. 

Maybe it’s a vocal minority, but there is an abundance of negative posts surrounding this season.  Nit picking every aspect of the show from the moment it airs.

The last part of your statement is exemplary of why the internet ruins everything good.  Once something attracts a huge amount of popularity, fans become ever consumed with its existence.  If this “good thing” doesn’t top the fans ever growing expectations then they start to turn.

There is a certain segment of GOT fans, the vocal ones, who will never be satiated by the show’s outcome.  No matter what happens, it won’t be enough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

.... I think you’re referring to someone on ES.

Me! 

I love super hero movies. I know what I’m getting going in and they are very enjoyable. Every now and then, you can get one that rises to the level of art like TDK or Logan etc. but the good superhero movies still follow the rules they’ve set within their universe, however unrealistic that universe is. 

I also still watch TwD. I think last season was a dramatic improvement over seasons 6-8 which imo sucked, 7-8 especially. The writing was lazy, the characters didn’t act like themselves and made constantly stupid decisions just to move the plot where it needed to be. 

I never complained about mad men or breaking bad. I actually didn’t like the final episode of mad men in the moment but after thinking about it all night and watching it again, I thought it was perfect and made me cry. 

I dont criticize **** just to criticize it. There is a tangible difference in the quality of show this is now. The characters are all 10x more stupid than they used to be which constantly puts them into positions where they should die yet they always miraculously escape without growing or changing at all thru these actions. The dialogue is lowest common denominator stuff now designed for laughs and twitter reactions and just blatant speaking character motivations and plot points or because they don’t have time to show things developing anymore when it used to be thoughtful. The world is empty and inconsequential now. The history is ignored. The lore is ignored. The things they’ve built up with these characters and moments are ignored etc.

they've basically started at the end result and worked their way backwards so you don’t actually get compelling or legitimate  reasons for these things happening, just “well it’s what needed to happen so this character would be here or do this.” When you are essentially asked “don’t think about it” while watching the show, the writing is a problem 

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Once something attracts a huge amount of popularity, fans become ever consumed with its existence.  If this “good thing” doesn’t top the fans ever growing expectations then they start to turn.

2 sides to everything.

Once something gains that much fame and popularity it gets too commercialized and then becomes a product created for consumption rather then art or storytelling. 

We discuss things as if 1 person or 1 body has control of the show, but that isn't how it works. (99% of the time)

37 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Maybe it’s a vocal minority, but there is an abundance of negative posts surrounding this season.  Nit picking every aspect of the show from the moment it airs.

The last part of your statement is exemplary of why the internet ruins everything good.  Once something attracts a huge amount of popularity, fans become ever consumed with its existence.  If this “good thing” doesn’t top the fans ever growing expectations then they start to turn.

There is a certain segment of GOT fans, the vocal ones, who will never be satiated by the show’s outcome.  No matter what happens, it won’t be enough.

There is a difference between not liking an outcome and really bad writing. We are getting the latter with some important scenes. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Ha yeah.

Hahah.  TWD turned into such a **** fest.  I know quite a few people who still watch it solely because they've invested so much time into it.  Some of them watch every episode on fast forward for the most part and finish it in like 10 minutes lol.  I checked out after season 4.  It just got so ****ing stupid and people here are ****ing about Euron being the worst character on TV ... well I raise you The Governor.  That dude is by far the worst bad guy in the history of TV.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Hahah.  TWD turned into such a **** fest.  I know quite a few people who still watch it solely because they've invested so much time into it.  Some of them watch every episode on fast forward for the most part and finish it in like 10 minutes lol.  I checked out after season 4.  It just got so ****ing stupid and people here are ****ing about Euron being the worst character on TV ... well I raise you The Governor.  That dude is by far the worst bad guy in the history of TV.

I really hated what they did with some of my favorite characters from the comics early on, but stuck with it because some of the acting was very good.  There was just so much stupid stuff in the show that I gave up after around 4 seasons though. 

1 hour ago, DCSaints_fan said:

With the super hero movies, there's lowered expectations.   These are based on comic books after all. 

GOT was based on an authentic literary work. 

That doesn't really mean anything, especially considering the last two books, lol.  Also that's kind of insulting to all the great comics and graphic novel series out there.  

Edited by visionary
  • Thanks 1