Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

11 minutes ago, visionary said:

Yeah, I'm a little confused by Tyiron's celibacy.  Is it because he killed his last lover? 

It seems like Tyrion has been on some sort of penance arc since she escaped and killed his father and Shae. I also think he is clearly pretty fatalistic right now.

I now have him pretty high in my dead pool.

Also, the Mountain is totally going to kill Arya, and people are going to be pissed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Also, the Mountain is totally going to kill Arya, and people are going to be pissed.

You monster!  

But I am very worried that she will die.  Though I'm also kind of sad about her decision to leave the North potentially for good. 

1 hour ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

B/c we all would complain that it's too dark and we cant see whats going on.......im kidding....kind of. lol

I dont Euron will figure that out. It would take up too much time to explain? Maybe when Jamie comes back they can go down that road? IDK

The gay pirate totally asked if he boned better than Jamie.

That guy knows the score.

23 minutes ago, Yohan said:

I know this, if I have a secret...I am not telling Sansa. Her blabbing to Cersi about Ned wanting to secretly leave KL, got him killed. Now she swears to Jon, not to mention anything about his parentage. What does she do? Tells her ex.

Except she's set up to know better now. The Ned blab got Ned killed by accident. The Aegon T. blab is to get Dany killed. Intentionally. 

As the show has tried to establish, she's Littlecersei now. Every utterance is calculated. Her comment to Tyrion to destabilize the advisers. Even her look to Tyrion during the banquet. Her "passing" comment to Jamie that gets him to ride off to (maybe) try and kill Cersei. 

1 minute ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The gay pirate totally asked if he boned better than Jamie.

That guy knows the score.

He knows that it happened. Not when.

8 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Jon was killed and then nearly eaten by a dragon).

And where was Ghost in all this???

That's why that dog had to go to the "farm" with no hugs. You had one job, Ghost. Don't think for one second the Castle Black/wight save bought you a lifetime pass. 

Demise roster

Varys killed by Dany for Treason

Davos

Jon 

Sansa

Bran wargs into Dragon killed by bolt from scorpion

Dany killed by Jamie

Cersei killed by Arya

Hound killed by Mountain

Mountain killed by Arya

Jamie killed by Brienne, for breaking his oath

Qyburn killed by wild fire.

Greyworm 

Euron

Pod killed by syphilis complicaitons

18 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I'm not sure the gay pirate cares about paternity at this point. He has nuclear reactors and highly accurate surface to air missles and quite possibly a cloaking device. Dude is on top of the world.

Can you imagine if these people took their resources and abilities and applied them to positive public works projects?

1. The gay pirate built a fleet in a week on an island with no trees.

2. The northerners built massive funeral pyres for a million corpses in seemingly one weekend.

3. Q-Bert can only build a Franskenstein but he seemingly invented steel cable and mass iron production.

If you put those three efforts together, you could build a goddamn skyscraper.

(Also, Sansa being extra catty aside, I'm not sure who anyone is behaving against type at this point. Also, everyone in the North clearly has severe PTSD at this point. Jon - man - my dad had a friend that did three months in country and still has nightmares. Jon was killed and then nearly eaten by a dragon).

Another take I've been waiting for since the show ended. You did not disappoint. You and @Momma There Goes That Man needed your own podcast for this entire series. It would have been gold. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Book Euron is a supremely evil and really interesting character.

I don't know what the show writers were thinking when they made this iteration of Euron. They had source material to work with and just delivered the most comically bad, dumb jock of a pirate.

I feel like the first time the show writers took liberty in making something happen with no justification was Ramsey and his 20 good men who stealth destroyed Stannis and his entire army in one night.

Euron is basically "Ramsay and his 20 good men" on steroids.

2 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Demise roster

Varys killed by Dany for Treason

Davos

Jon 

Sansa

Bran wargs into Dragon killed by bolt from scorpion

Dany killed by Jamie

Cersei killed by Arya

Hound killed by Mountain

Mountain killed by Arya

Jamie killed by Brienne, for breaking his oath

Qyburn killed by wild fire.

Greyworm 

Euron

Pod killed by syphilis complicaitons

Image result for tommen death gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I feel like the first time the show writers took liberty in making something happen with no justification was Ramsey and his 20 good men who stealth destroyed Stannis and his entire army in one night.

Take out someone's supplies and things start going badly for them pretty quickly.  Especially in the situation Stannis and co were in.   In the books they're having a lot of trouble too and end up eating and subsequently burning people alive without even the attack from Ramsey.

Edited by visionary

5 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Book Euron is a supremely evil and really interesting character.

I don't know what the show writers were thinking when they made this iteration of Euron. They had source material to work with and just delivered the most comically bad, dumb jock of a pirate.

I thoroughly enjoy and hate Euron as a character in the show, I don't really like him as a plot device though.

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

I thought the first shot was in the chest. It's certainly amazing that they had the skill to shoot them for so far away. 

Let's be serious, that was the equivalent of the T-Rex in Jarassic Park showing up inside the building to save the day. 

Episode was pretty good, you just have to ignore the goofy ****. (like anyone besides Dany/greyworm caring if missandei is captured) I'm on team Cersei now is now as her and Qyburn actually do things that makes sense. (except letting Tyrion live) Jamie's going to kill her no doubt. I wonder if he'll have an opportunity to take the throne himself or if they'll go down together.

58 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The point was from Euron's perspective how would Tyrion know she was pregnant since Cersei just found out and told Euron it was his. 

Agreed, but what I'm saying is that Tyrion doesn't know she told Euron it was his baby, so Tyrion is only referring to what he knows... that she's carrying Jaime's baby. He knows she's pregnant because he met with her AND because Jaime told him. 

10 minutes ago, visionary said:

I thoroughly enjoy and hate Euron as a character in the show, I don't really like him as a plot device though.

I kind of wish they would have just let Dany have an overpowered army that plows through Cersei and Kings Landing, and then let the rest of the season be about the new dynamics under a Targ ruler in the South and the North discovering that Jon also has a claim to the throne.

It seems like we are headed towards this anyway, except we got a whole lot of Euron "making things even", who I am positive is going to get smoked by a dragon next week anyways.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

It's funny that last week some people were complaining that there was nothing left to do and that the last three episodes would be boring.

That said, even though I loved most of the episode and the season as a whole I'm a bit depressed from last episode with a lot of characters leaving or dead, or set be offed soon.   (also seeing so many people really unhappy with it and trashing the season and the entire show on twitter and elsewhere)

7 minutes ago, purbeast said:

You must be new to the internet.

After the last episode it seemed like a few people were down on it, but most were excited about it or loved it, but this week it seems like everyone I follow who watches it is upset.

Edited by visionary

Just now, visionary said:

After the last episode it seemed like a few people were down on it, but most wee excited about it or loved it, but this week it seems like everyone I follow who watches it is upset.

I'm more referring to people whining and crying on the internet.