Voice_of_Reason

Game of Thrones Season 8

Recommended Posts

Ok, new season, new thread.

 

No spoIlers without spoiler tags.  If In doubt, please be courteous to your friends who don’t want to be spoiled.

 

i am going to edit this post a little later to add some fun stuff.

 

 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In regards to the "heartbreaking" comment, they can kill whoever they want as long its not Danny or John Snow.  I might lose interest if they do that, such a messed up way to end that build up and journey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

In regards to the "heartbreaking" comment, they can kill whoever they want as long its not Danny or John Snow.  I might lose interest if they do that, such a messed up way to end that build up and journey.

George RRRRRRRR Martin gives up on writing the rest of the story, releases 800 blank pages, the last page reads...

 

”And then everybody dies.

 

The End”

 

 

 @Riggo-toni That Jonas brother is one lucky SOB.

 

38 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Spoiler alert:  I am very excited. :)

And you just can’t hide it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe Bran wargs into a dragon just to kill Tyrion before he gets to reunite with Sansa after he finds out Tyrion is the last Targaryen now that Jon and Dany have been killed by the nightking and Tyrion is revealed to be the mad king's son. And Bronn killing Cersei after Dany flips him with the lie about making him king.  Damn!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m pretty much open to anything regarding how they handle the end of the story. I just hope t makes sense thematically and stays true to the characters we’ve come to love. 

 

I sure as hell don’t envy anyone having to come up with a satisfying and dramatic ending that will live foreve and be a perfect conclusion to this story. 

 

Honestly I’m going in with pretty low expectations. I think they’ll drop the ball with only 6 episodes to tel the story. 

 

April 2019 is a ridiculously long time away tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like there was one kinda spoiler out there in regards to a shot of the set they are working on. It’ll be interesting to know what leads up to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well time for me to leave. I’ll say this...I wouldn’t even worry bout theories and spoilers and hidden meanings in previous seasons or any of that stuff. Because they don’t care at this point without GRRM having already written the story and set all those story elements and mysteries up. There really is only one theory from the very beginning that had made its way thru the show and actually been important which is Jon’s situation of course. 

 

Im saying very sadly that they aren’t going to craft anything important in 6 episodes about the crypts of winterfell or explain what happened and how the white walkers were defeated before, shed any light on TPTWP or the many faced men, why magic and dragons returned to the world etc. 

 

All the pieces are in in place for a very straightforward story conclusion. It can be still be good and even great but a lot of the fantastical breadcrumbs or mysteries that were either in The books or the east parts of the series will have no significance on how this plays out. 

 

Best not to get hopes up

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

 

At this point I am pretty sure he is ok with HBO just finishing out the story on his behalf. Absolutely no way he will finish the story through books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

 

At this point I am pretty sure he is ok with HBO just finishing out the story on his behalf. Absolutely no way he will finish the story through books.

I agree. I also don’t care.   But many do.  I'm sure somewhere Malory Rubin of theRinger.com amd BingeMode podcast is pulling her hair out...

 

I really do do wonder if he knows how the  Double D’s are ending the story, with his blessing, and he’s just fine with it.  

 

So so he’s more interested in writing the ancillary stories and back stories than finishing the story...

 

 

1 minute ago, JCB said:

Hot Pie on the Iron Throne or I am done!

The world needs more Baker Kings...

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GRRM is more interested in writing stories that he can sell HBO the rights to after GoT ends. He just wants to make as much money as possible before he dies. He doesn't care about finishing the ASOIAF, he doesn't care about his fans either. I also don't care. He's not as good as he, or his fans think he is, I've moved onto much better writers(like Brandon Sanderson) who can keep their word and not lie about what books their writing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:26 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Well time for me to leave. I’ll say this...I wouldn’t even worry bout theories and spoilers and hidden meanings in previous seasons or any of that stuff. Because they don’t care at this point without GRRM having already written the story and set all those story elements and mysteries up. There really is only one theory from the very beginning that had made its way thru the show and actually been important which is Jon’s situation of course. 

 

Im saying very sadly that they aren’t going to craft anything important in 6 episodes about the crypts of winterfell or explain what happened and how the white walkers were defeated before, shed any light on TPTWP or the many faced men, why magic and dragons returned to the world etc. 

 

All the pieces are in in place for a very straightforward story conclusion. It can be still be good and even great but a lot of the fantastical breadcrumbs or mysteries that were either in The books or the east parts of the series will have no significance on how this plays out. 

 

Best not to get hopes up

 

 

Why can't the story be written for my tastes and not for the masses who don't give two ****s about the crypts of Winterfell or whatever nonsense your talking about?

 

Martin's already more or less admitted that there is no next book. there is certainly never going to be a next next book.

 

You've wasted your life!!!!!

 

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2018 at 8:26 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Well time for me to leave. I’ll say this...I wouldn’t even worry bout theories and spoilers and hidden meanings in previous seasons or any of that stuff. Because they don’t care at this point without GRRM having already written the story and set all those story elements and mysteries up. There really is only one theory from the very beginning that had made its way thru the show and actually been important which is Jon’s situation of course. 

 

Im saying very sadly that they aren’t going to craft anything important in 6 episodes about the crypts of winterfell or explain what happened and how the white walkers were defeated before, shed any light on TPTWP or the many faced men, why magic and dragons returned to the world etc. 

 

All the pieces are in in place for a very straightforward story conclusion. It can be still be good and even great but a lot of the fantastical breadcrumbs or mysteries that were either in The books or the east parts of the series will have no significance on how this plays out. 

 

Best not to get hopes up

 

There's no reason to believe there's anything significant in the crypts of Winterfell. 

 

Jon is pretty much the TPTWP/Azor Azai/Last Hero/Messiah/whatever.  Or perhaps some combination of Jon/Dany. 

 

It may be never explained why magic/dragons/WW returned to the world.  Tolkien never really explained why Sauron all of a sudden started growing powerful again (perhaps the finding of the ring by Bilbo? But never actually confirmed I believe).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DCSaints_fan said:

 

There's no reason to believe there's anything significant in the crypts of Winterfell. 

 

Jon is pretty much the TPTWP/Azor Azai/Last Hero/Messiah/whatever.  Or perhaps some combination of Jon/Dany. 

 

It may be never explained why magic/dragons/WW returned to the world.  Tolkien never really explained why Sauron all of a sudden started growing powerful again (perhaps the finding of the ring by Bilbo? But never actually confirmed I believe).

 

Yea but I was always hoping somehow, especially with bran’s abilities we would find some revelation as to why the WW suddenly were defeated before and why they suddenly have returned after a thousand years. 

 

Pretty sure TPtWP hasn’t been mentioned on the show since season 2. I just want them to expand on the world and mythology they started to create 

 

Well, in the books there is a lot of mystery around the crypts of winterfell. They’re fairly mysterious in the show tho not nearly as much. I haven’t read a single page of the books just excerpts online and various discussions etc. 

 

Im just saying, this is going to be super straightforward and no mythology will likely even be touched on. Just a very specific A-B ending that puts a bow on everything. 

 

Its disappointing to me because I thought the breadcrumbs throughout the series regarding Jon’s parentage were amazing and the payoff in the season 6 finale was the high point of the show. I hoped they had another card up their sleeve

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

 

 

Why can't the story be written for my tastes and not for the masses who don't give two ****s about the crypts of Winterfell or whatever nonsense your talking about?

 

Martin's already more or less admitted that there is no next book. there is certainly never going to be a next next book.

 

You've wasted your life!!!!!

 

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

 

I don’t want the story written for my tastes. I want it to be consistent. I haven’t read the books but the show introduced a lot of that level of mythology and world building and mystery around the past that I hoped would eventually be expanded upon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2018 at 9:26 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Best not to get hopes up

 

They'll have to up the pacing if its going to end in 6 episodes. Last season was already on light speed. I do applaud them for actually ending the show rather then letting it drag on. So few shows do this. 

 

Problem is we have a seemingly invincible enemy and it'll be almost impossible to defeat them without some disappointing cliche. They're already going the kryptonite route with the Valyrian steel and obsidian; maybe the Dragons. At least there it ends in a fight. The worst would be if the Night King is defeated because he's spiritually linked to Bran, or he is Bran or whatever and Bran just kills himself or is killed by someone close to him. I've seen that one too many times. The other cliche there would be that Bran somehow causes all this to happen by going into the past and trying to stop it. That's possible and probably likely. 

 

An ending closer to what you're saying would be great; that they defeat the dead by understanding their motives and they either hold up an old agreement or they form a new agreement with the Night King. Martin doesn't create characters that are 100% good or evil which is what makes the story so great. I don't think this is where the show is going though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want that bad guys to win and Bran/Night King end up on the thrown. 

 

Even better would be the Night King on the thrown and him keeping only Bran alive or some crazy **** like that. 

 

Man would I enjoy that. Obviously wont ever happen. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2018 at 1:59 AM, Gamebreaker said:

GRRM is more interested in writing stories that he can sell HBO the rights to after GoT ends. He just wants to make as much money as possible before he dies. He doesn't care about finishing the ASOIAF, he doesn't care about his fans either. I also don't care. He's not as good as he, or his fans think he is, I've moved onto much better writers(like Brandon Sanderson) who can keep their word and not lie about what books their writing. 

 

 

truth as only can be spoken through the mouth of a jilted lover

 

 

 

 

 

giphy.gif 

Edited by mcsluggo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a few minor characters. 

 

Any major characters like Ned or Joffrey don't last long. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mooka said:

There's a few minor characters. 

 

Any major characters like Ned or Joffrey don't last long. 

 

I'd say there are more than a few that are pure good, or pure evil. Obviously most characters are a varying shade of gray, but not all.

 

Pure Good: Jon Snow, Hodor, Sansa, Eddard (to a degree).

Pure Evil: Joffrey, Ramsay Bolton, The Mountain, Sir Meryn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This  quote is the reason for the “grrm doesn’t crate purely good or purely evil characters”

 

Quote

Much as I admire Tolkien, and I do admire Tolkien — he’s been a huge influence on me, and his Lord of the Rings is the mountain that leans over every other fantasy written since and shaped all of modern fantasy — there are things about it, the whole concept of the Dark Lord, and good guys battling bad guys, Good versus Evil, while brilliantly handled in Tolkien, in the hands of many Tolkien successors, it has become kind of a cartoon. We don’t need any more Dark Lords, we don’t need any more, ‘Here are the good guys, they’re in white, there are the bad guys, they’re in black. And also, they’re really ugly, the bad guys. It is certainly a genuine, legitimate topic as the core of fantasy, but I think the battle between Good and Evil is waged within the individual human hearts. We all have good in us and we all have evil in us, and we may do a wonderful good act on Tuesday and a horrible, selfish, bad act on Wednesday, and to me, that’s the great human drama of fiction. I believe in gray characters, as I’ve said before. We all have good and evil in us and there are very few pure paragons and there are very few orcs. A villain is a hero of the other side, as someone said once, and I think there’s a great deal of truth to that, and that’s the interesting thing. In the case of war, that kind of situation, so I think some of that is definitely what I’m aiming at.

 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.