Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

1 hour ago, Rogue Jedi said:

The issue is that by waiting 2 years for the final season, the fans had all time to form the most crackpot theories I’ve ever seen on the internet. Inevitably they’ll be disappointed as the show wraps up.

According to the Reddit theories, every major character is Arya after she takes their faces.

Dany is Arya, Sansa is Arya, Bronn is Arya, Jon is Arya, Hot Pie is Arya... etc

It has nothing to do with crackpot theories.  The show has betrayed its own characters, lore/story and the rules it’s previously  established  this point. The backlash is justifiable because this show is near unrecognizable. 

10 minutes ago, visionary said:

So over the top.  It wasn't anywhere near as bad as some of you are making it out.  It was still one of the better episodes they've had and far better than most shows' best.  

It had good moments. I really enjoyed the first 30 minutes of the funeral and celebration. The dialogue was solid. Loved the Jaime/Brienne relationship taking the next step. It was a strong Tyrion and Varys episode too which felt good to have back. 

I just feel all of this is undercut by the bad and how streamlined and lazy and careless the last hour of the episode is outside of a few scenes 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

I don’t think anyone has even brought up the Bronn scene. That was utterly ridiculous .they don’t even try. He just pops up out of nowhere, strolls into winterrell with a crossbow in hand and walks right up to the Hand of the Queen. Makes a deal and is gone before anyone can think twice.  I don’t think there was any tension because nobody believed they were in danger. It was hard to believe it was even happening.  

And that’s probably the last time we see Bronn. 

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It has nothing to do with crackpot theories.  The show has betrayed its own characters, lore/story and the rules it’s previously  established  this point. The backlash is justifiable because this show is near unrecognizable. 

It had good moments. I really enjoyed the first 30 minutes of the funeral and celebration. The dialogue was solid. Loved the Jaime/Brienne relationship taking the next step. It was a strong Tyrion and Varys episode too which felt good to have back. 

I just feel all of this is undercut by the bad and how streamlined and lazy and careless the last hour of the episode is outside of a few scenes 

I think that's fair, though I thought the first half was great (aside from Jon getting rid of Ghost the way he did, and the second half was good to great with some key flawed/unbelievable moments.

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t think anyone has even brought up the Bronn scene. That was utterly ridiculous .they don’t even try. He just pops up out of nowhere, strolls into winterrell with a crossbow in hand and walks right up to the Hand of the Queen. Makes a deal and is gone before anyone can think twice.  I don’t think there was any tension because nobody believed they were in danger. It was hard to believe it was even happening.  

I thought it was a good scene, great lines, good acting and I definitely worried one of them might bite it.  I don't really get the complaint about him getting in there.  Everyone was celebrating and Bronn really isn't that recognizable other than by those who know him.   Also I don't think they were in Winterfell itself.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, visionary said:

So over the top.  It wasn't anywhere near as bad as some of you are making it out.  It was still one of the better episodes they've had and far better than most shows' best.  

One of the better episodes they've had period? There were better episodes on a regular basis from seasons 1-5.

One of the better episodes of the season so far I can agree with. I liked it more than the premiere and The Long Night. I definitely don't think it's one of the worst ever. 

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

One of the better episodes they've had period? There were better episodes on a regular basis from seasons 1-5.

One of the better episodes of the season so far I can agree with. I liked it more than the premiere and The Long Night. I definitely don't think it's one of the worst ever. 

I thought the drama and the dialogue and cinematography was some of the best I've seen.  The strategy and believability of some scenes later on like the naval attack and the parlay were pretty questionable, though still fun to watch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, however she’s brought some stress on herself.  She really should have just stayed put for a while.  Time is actually on her side. Cercei won’t come north. Let the dragons heal. Let the armies heal. Endear yourself to the northerners. Be humble.  Make friends with Sansa, and say that the north can remain under its own control as long as it is in support of her.  Marry Jon.

Then send Arya to go kill Cercei. I’m 100% convinced Arya by herself as a faceless man could find a way to get into Cercei’s bed chambers and slit her throat.  Ideally it would be killing Euron first, taking his face and then offing Cercei.  Or using Quaibur’s face. Sandor fights mountain.

Thats it.  No need for an assault.  Arya takes Cercei’s face, abdicates the throne and disappears.

I mean,  that’s kinda boring from a show perspective. 

But Danny brought a lot of this on herself by rushing into something she didn’t have to rush into.

I agree about her bringing some stress on herself.  She is impulsive.  At this point, I think Jorah would have been the only one able to talk her out of going to King's Landing.  I think she feels her grasp on being queen is more uncertain than it has been for many years.  I'm guessing she thinks that she will lose her claim on the throne to Jon if there is any extended pause in her progress towards the throne.

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Agreed. They needed to get him out of our brains or we would continually be waiting for him to show up and kill the brothers...with that stupid scene he is gone and we will probably never heard from him again. 

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think you explained it perfectly and that is how both Tyrion and Jamie felt too.  There was no tension initially because they both felt that they were buddies with Bronn and were going to just shoot the **** with him, not taking him serious or anything.  But once he shot the arrow right next to Jamie's head, the tone took a 180.

I would not be surprised if the last 20-30 minutes of the series is like the end of Lord of the Rings Trilogy, ya know the part that was 20-30 minutes too long. 

This is how they will show Jon reuniting with Ghost and Sam writing the history in a book and Brann getting trapped in the past and some how becoming the new NK. 

(I know some of the spoilers for the last couple episodes but none of it addressing my speculation above. No idea if Jon Snow lives or dies for example)

2 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Why do i have this feeling a **** load of dragons are going to show up in the next episode, how or why I don't know.

I have the same feeling. Why is Euron looking up into the sky worried at the end of the preview next week? He was smiling when he looked up at Danny this week.

Does she find more stones/eggs? There is no way one dragon is taking over KL. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Why do i have this feeling a **** load of dragons are going to show up in the next episode, how or why I don't know.

I know, right!  With this season - you never know.  Heck, the dragons prob laid eggs overseas.  And now, Daario and other Dothraki warriors are going to ride in on dragons and save the day! 😄

• Like 1