Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

UPDATE: HBO issued this tongue in cheek reply: “In response to inquiries from those who saw a craft services coffee cup in Sunday night’s episode of Game of Thrones, HBO states, ‘The latte that appeared in the episode was a mistake. Daenerys had ordered an herbal tea.'” Notice that also disputes, in an indirect way, that it was a Starbucks branded cup, but rather the set’s own craft services department.

34 minutes ago, visionary said:

Dany going/being crazy has been hinted at since season 1.  We all just overlook it somewhat because she’s a cool character doing cool things and freeing slaves and burning people we don’t like  hot and has dragons. 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

She let Drogo give her brother a melted crown just because she wanted to be queen

well that , and he was a insufferable ass.

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah it’s been coming for a while. I didn’t think with the shortened seasons they’d have time to pull it off but god bless them they’re going for it anyway 

In two episodes she lost her most trusted protector (Jorah), her best friend (Missandi), and a dragon.  On top of that, she lost most of her army and found out that her claim to the throne is not legitimate.  It has been a stressful few weeks for her.

Edited by Nerm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

God, I've never been happier with Game of Thrones. I hope the show ends with, like, four sets of people getting married on the beach at the same time. And Ghost shows up but now he talks.

I know you miss Tywin talking to people while doing something else

47 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

She let Drogo give her brother a melted crown just because she wanted to be queen

Or... because he was an abusive idiot that was going to die either way, and by agreeing with his execution she assured he didn’t drag her down with him.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

So it’s gonna be okay when she cooks the innocents of KL. They did kill her bestie and child.

I don’t know where you got that from. It’s fine with me her brother who basically sold her as a slave and definitely treated her like crap was offed.  Golden crown was a bad way to go though. 

Not sure how that relates to what she might do in KL.  I would not be for melting the entire city down.

• Like 1

Just now, max21 said:

I’ve personally never seen so many people pissed about an episode on Reddit ever, its pretty depressing to read 

Even I did not care for it, and I'm easy to please if the right people die.

That may have been the worst episode yet.  The more it bounces around in my head the more I hate it.  Bad TV writing, manufactured drama by having characters suddenly question their loyalties, and all the queens advisors failing hilariously to remember they’re at war because they were buried so deep in their own feelings.  It was Game of Thrones, written by Hallmark.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, max21 said:

I’ve personally never seen so many people pissed about an episode on Reddit ever, its pretty depressing to read 

The most fanboy subreddit hated it too. They are moving the plot forward, and don’t care how it happens. 

This show will probably be joining Dexter and Lost rather than Breaking Bad in terms of great shows and how they finished. 

• Like 1

Dany's brother was perfectly cast for this show, that actor was tremendous

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

The most fanboy subreddit hated it too. They are moving the plot forward, and don’t care how it happens. 

This show will probably be joining Dexter and Lost rather than Breaking Bad in terms of great shows and how they finished. 

man I refuse to even contemplate a rewatch of Dexter because of how bad that show got. After season 4, it imploded

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Nerm said:

In two episodes she lost her most trusted protector (Jorah), her best friend (Missandi), and a dragon.  On top of that, she lost most of her army and found out that her claim to the throne is not legitimate.  It has been a stressful few weeks for her.

Yeah, however she’s brought some stress on herself.  She really should have just stayed put for a while.  Time is actually on her side. Cercei won’t come north. Let the dragons heal. Let the armies heal. Endear yourself to the northerners. Be humble.  Make friends with Sansa, and say that the north can remain under its own control as long as it is in support of her.  Marry Jon.

Then send Arya to go kill Cercei. I’m 100% convinced Arya by herself as a faceless man could find a way to get into Cercei’s bed chambers and slit her throat.  Ideally it would be killing Euron first, taking his face and then offing Cercei.  Or using Quaibur’s face. Sandor fights mountain.

Thats it.  No need for an assault.  Arya takes Cercei’s face, abdicates the throne and disappears.

I mean,  that’s kinda boring from a show perspective. 

But Danny brought a lot of this on herself by rushing into something she didn’t have to rush into.

• Like 1

The issue is that by waiting 2 years for the final season, the fans had all time to form the most crackpot theories I’ve ever seen on the internet. Inevitably they’ll be disappointed as the show wraps up.

According to the Reddit theories, every major character is Arya after she takes their faces.

Dany is Arya, Sansa is Arya, Bronn is Arya, Jon is Arya, Hot Pie is Arya... etc

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I do wonder what the folks at HBO are thinking. They thought they had a slam dunk and it looks like the reaction is more Phantom Menace than Godfather II...

Y'all still going to watch. Full steam ahead on the spinoffs.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Destino said:

That may have been the worst episode yet.  The more it bounces around in my head the more I hate it.  Bad TV writing, manufactured drama by having characters suddenly question their loyalties, and all the queens advisors failing hilariously to remember they’re at war because they were buried so deep in their own feelings.  It was Game of Thrones, written by Hallmark.

So over the top.  It wasn't anywhere near as bad as some of you are making it out.  It was still one of the better episodes they've had and far better than many shows' best.  

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1