Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

I actually enjoyed the episode. Thought the pacing was really good with dialogue and action.

Only thing i dont understand is why Euron didn't straight up attack and take over Dragon Stone. There was no way they could have been stopped. 

Anyone think there is a chance Danny finds more dragons? Maybe the one she has has babies? Or she finds more eggs at dragon stone? I dont see how they can take over KL with just one dragon now and all of those scorpions mounted on the walls.

And they are clearly ignoring Time so they could have them be smaller, not babies, by the time they attack.  

Edited by S.T.real,lights,out

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

This thread continues to be a circle jerk of negativity lol.

As expected.

The Jamie/Brienne relationship is a lot more interesting and intriguing than I ever expected it to be.

It's ES, do you expect anything less?

😎

7 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Brienne got laid and instantly turned into a doting housewife. 

That's absolutely terrible writing but hey, maybe the king slayer is just that good. 

Dude, girl was waiting for it for 7? Years now. She gets it twice and then he rides back to his ex in the middle of the night.

• Thanks 1

Euron, the worst character in this show, has now tanked three of Dany’s main forces in surprise attacks on the sea. 

A bad character who is just a plot device to make sure that Dany isn’t OP by the time she reaches KL. I guess it worked and I guess they will use this to show Dany as an isolated, raging mad queen. 

In the aftershow thing, one of the writers says “Dany wasn’t expecting a surprise attack from Euron and had forgot that he’s a threat”. Really??? Lol

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

I actually enjoyed the episode. Thought the pacing was really good with dialogue and action.

Only thing i dont understand is why Euron didn't straight up attack and take over Dragon Stone. There was no way they could have been stopped. 

Anyone think there is a chance Danny finds more dragons? Maybe the one she has has babies? Or she finds more eggs at dragon stone? I dont see how they can take over KL with just one dragon now and all of those scorpions mounted on the walls.

And they are clearly ignoring Time so they could have them be smaller, not babies, by the time they attack.  

Yeah, Euron simply going back makes no sense.  In order for the "let's hide behind a rock cause they have no aerial view and are too stupid to scout ahead" strategy to work, there has to be no one on Team Dany at Dragonstone.  Because Euron's fleet were in plain view of Dragonstone, otherwise, someone at the island could have hung a huge banner "LOOK! SHIPS BEHIND ROCK!!"  Or started fighting once Dany's ships came in view to alert the friendlies that all is not well.  Setting aside the fact that Dany and Co. is stupid enough to leave home base undefended (and then come back to it expecting to waltz in), Euron could have stormed the beach to find bunch of wet, bedraggled soldiers, ripe for the offing.

As to the notion that one dragon won't be enough to sack KL, I have to disagree.  If they can muster someone with half a military brain, it's a fire breathing fighter jet vs a stationary target with giant crossbows (that's apparently can't hit if shot head on).  We've already seen that the dragon can climb above the clouds.  I'm not sure if the giant crossbows can even shoot at close to 90 degree angle, but the trajectory of the arrows shown in EP4 shows that it doesn't travel very far.  You have two options.  One is to dive bomb the outer defenses using a 90 degree angle.   Even less riskier option is to simply have Drogon carry up a few stones, steel marbles, logs, whatever.  At the height we're talking about (let's say a just below the clouds for clearer view, but frankly, establish a siege perimeter with giant bonfires and you can probably guestimate when you are above king's landing while above the clouds), a penny wouldn't do enough damage, but let's say Drogon carries one log per every few hours and drops it on top of KL's outer defenses.  Eventually it will hit, and eventually, hits will cause calamity.

As for the notion that Dany is now crazy because she wants to sack the city.  It's a simple question for Varys and co.  What possible option is there to avoid civilian casualty in this scenario?

Edited by bearrock
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Euron, the worst character in this show, has now tanked three of Dany’s main forces in surprise attacks on the sea. 

A bad character who is just a plot device to make sure that Dany isn’t OP by the time she reaches KL. I guess it worked and I guess they will use this to show Dany as an isolated, raging mad queen. 

In the aftershow thing, one of the writers says “Dany wasn’t expecting a surprise attack from Euron and had forgot that he’s a threat”. Really??? Lol

How are dragons, flying in a perfectly clear sky over the ocean, surprised by a fleet of ships? I get the Dany's fleet being surprised because the land blocks their view, but there is no obstructed view from 500' up ON THE BACK OF ****ING DRAGONS. Just stupid...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bearrock said:

As to the notion that one dragon won't be enough to sack KL, I have to disagree.  If they can muster someone with half a military brain, it's a fire breathing fighter jet vs a stationary target with giant crossbows (that's apparently can't hit if shot head on).  We've already seen that the dragon can climb above the clouds.  I'm not sure if the giant crossbows can even shoot at close to 90 degree angle, but the trajectory of the arrows shown in EP4 shows that it doesn't travel very far.  You have two options.  One is to dive bomb the outer defenses using a 90 degree angle.   Even less riskier option is to simply have Drogon carry up a few stones, steel marbles, logs, whatever.  At the height we're talking about (let's say a just below the clouds for clearer view, but frankly, establish a siege perimeter with giant bonfires and you can probably guestimate when you are above king's landing while above the clouds), a penny wouldn't do enough damage, but let's say Drogon carries one log per every few hours and drops it on top of KL's outer defenses.  Eventually it will hit, and eventually, hits will cause calamity.

As for the notion that Dany is now crazy because she wants to sack the city.  It's a simply question for Varys and co.  What possible option is there to avoid civilian casualty in this scenario?

Based on their battle plans to date, they can't. 20,000 dothraki calvary riding to certain death against 100,000 undead. Trapping the unsullied outside the fire ring and castle walls. Splitting your army and getting waylayed at sea, again

Night raids with dragon, lighting the cross bow platforms up and watching them burn. There is no way to illuminate the skies at night. Just fly in from above and lay down fire along one wall and disappear. After a week, the people of KL would be ready to throw the Queen out of the castle. But that would be too easy, so we know that ain't it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

How are dragons, flying in a perfectly clear sky over the ocean, surprised by a fleet of ships? I get the Dany's fleet being surprised because the land blocks their view, but there is no obstructed view from 500' up ON THE BACK OF ****ING DRAGONS. Just stupid...

The show is rushed at this point. 

Here is the main plot they are after: Dany must be enraged enough to attack KL despite Cersei using human shields.  

A comically stupid surprise Euron attack is the way to make it happen. In one swoop, Dany loses her unsullied forces, a dragon and her friend:advisor. Eight seasons of character development is headed towards an ending with Dany probably killing millions of people because the horny pirate has successfully stealth attacked her forces three separate times. 

It’s just bad writing to accomplish the dramatic KIngs Landing finale they have been building up for 8 seasons. Euron is the single worst character written on this show and he may end up as one of the most consequential in leading to its conclusion. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Someone just pointed out that Tyrion may have just cucked Euron. She mentions to Cersei about the baby. He just found out. How could Tyrion have known?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

why not just attack at night with the dragons? Seems like an easy solution...

B/c we all would complain that it's too dark and we cant see whats going on.......im kidding....kind of. lol

2 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Someone just pointed out that Tyrion may have just cucked Euron. She mentions to Cersei about the baby. He just found out. How could Tyrion have known?

I dont Euron will figure that out. It would take up too much time to explain? Maybe when Jamie comes back they can go down that road? IDK

1 minute ago, Elessar78 said:

How could Tyrion have known?

Tyrion called her out on the pregnancy last last season when he met privately with her after they brought a wight to Kings Landing. She didn't respond but that was all the clue he needed. He knew she was preggo by the way she clutched her belly.

4 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Tyrion called her out on the pregnancy last last season when he met privately with her after they brought a wight to Kings Landing. She didn't respond but that was all the clue he needed. He knew she was preggo by the way she clutched her belly.

I think he referring to it from Eurons standpoint. How could he know she prego with his baby when he just found out. 

10 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Euron the Cuck would be a funny storyline, but I doubt they explore it. 

In two episodes, one which will almost entirely be a battle, they have a lot of characters arcs to finish up. 

What's most annoying is that it's not really complicated to have the same outcomes without making them all be totally incompetent and betraying who the characters have been build up to be. Cersei not ordering everyone to be killed in that last scene while her enemies are ridiculously vulnerable is laughably bad. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, bearrock said:

As to the notion that one dragon won't be enough to sack KL, I have to disagree.  If they can muster someone with half a military brain, it's a fire breathing fighter jet vs a stationary target with giant crossbows (that's apparently can't hit if shot head on).  We've already seen that the dragon can climb above the clouds.  I'm not sure if the giant crossbows can even shoot at close to 90 degree angle, but the trajectory of the arrows shown in EP4 shows that it doesn't travel very far.  You have two options.  One is to dive bomb the outer defenses using a 90 degree angle.  

You're onto something here.

From the burning if Harrenhal when Aegon first conquered Westeros:

"When the sun had gone down, Aegon flew Balerion high above Harrenhal, before plunging down upon Harrenhal, burning the castle beneath him."

Based on the way people were looking up in the preview for next week, it would not surprise me if Dany just said "**** it" and burned the whole Red Keep like that, civilians and all.

This of course sets up the conflict between Dany and Jon to fill the final episode.

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I'm almost hoping the last 2 episodes are TERRIBLE just for the my own entertainment purposes on the internet blowing up.

That's the best part of this season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

This of course sets up the conflict between Dany and Jon to fill the final two episodes.

Dany should gather her war council as ask "I'm gonna rip apart their walls with a dragon.  Anyone got a better option to minimize civilian harm that doesn't involve kneeling to Cersei?  No?  Okay, then shut up"