Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Ghost lost a chunk of his damn ear and couldn't even get an acknowledgement

**** a jon snow, **** an aegon targareyan and anyone who love him

The writers are going to catch more **** for this than pretty much anything else in the entire season. It's beyond terrible writing. 

As someone who never read the books and watches GOT on Sundays and then doesn’t go into the background or fan fiction or any of that other hardcore stuff I thought it was a pretty good episode.  Nice setup for the final two.

Losing the second dragon was a but too easy.

Dont really care about the dog, bye doggy.

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The writers are going to catch more **** for this than pretty much anything else in the entire season. It's beyond terrible writing. 

It’s honestly worse than anything they’ve done in this series. It’s an inexcusable betrayal of arguably the main character of the series. 

Id take 200 bad poosays over that any day. 

29 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I am probably just delusional, but I think this can be redeemed.  I think Ghost may make another appearance.  Same with Tormund and the gang.  I'm a sucker for trying to guess for cool twists to save the day.  Maybe Jon finally learned that he has to lie sometimes.  Those goodbyes could have been an act. Or, Ghost and the Tormund gang could decide Jon needs their help.  Of course, take these guesses with a grain of salt... I'm a guy still holding out hope that Nymeria will make an epic surprise visit to save the day.  How many episodes left?

Edited by Nerm
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I am probably just delusional, but I think this can be redeemed.  I think Ghost may make another appearance.  Same with Tormund and the gang.  I'm a sucker for trying to guess for cool twists to save the day.  Maybe Jon finally learned that he has to lie sometimes.  Those goodbyes could have been an act. Or, Ghost and the Tormund gang could decide Jon needs their help.  Of course, take these guesses with a grain of salt... I'm a guy still holding out hope that Nymeria will make an epic surprise visit to save the day.  How many episodes left?

Two episodes left. I hope you are right, but he still couldn't said bye for now not knowing he might be back. 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Two episodes left. I hope you are right, but he still couldn't said bye for now not knowing he might be back. 

We don't know every interaction they had, but it would have made sense to have him say goodbye on screen.  (unless there's some production/filming issue.   It is interesting/disappointing that Ghost has been on screen, but not really interacting with others.)

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, visionary said:

We don't know every interaction they had, but it would have made sense to have him say goodbye on screen.  (unless there's some production/filming issue.   It is interesting/disappointing that Ghost has been on screen, but not really interacting with others.)

Here is another thought I had.  I agree with @Momma There Goes That Man That it  seems odd they didn't show the conversation following the R+L=J reveal amongst "The Last Starks" siblings.  It is possible that Jon made it clear that his loyalty is to the Stark family.  Then they decide together what should be done next...

If Martin had written that last scene, there's no way in hell Tyrion survives. He gets an arrow through the chest and Missandei gets her head sliced off. Varys does as he pleases without any check and everything goes haywire.

The current iteration of this show is still fun but it's goofy how often they put main characters in danger only to let them live. 

Edited by Bacon

I actually didn’t think it was a bad episode, im interested in what Jaime is going to do. I’ve accepted the sloppy writing and trying to enjoy the last few episodes of my favorite show ever. Makes me want to read the books again 

On 4/19/2019 at 11:02 AM, HooHog said:

Random thought I just had as pertains to succession from Robert Baratheon.  It's established in both the show that a king can legitimize ****s.  So lets say Dany dies somehow (I don't think this is likely, but with GoT you never know).  Jon has made clear he has no desire to rule, but he would be a king in theory.  Jon could then legitimize Gendry (Robert's only known remaining **** after Cersei had the others purged way back when), abdicate the throne, and Gendry as the then only legitimate Baratheon, could be elevated.  Again, don't think this is likely, just spitballing.

Bump.