Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

If I'm evaluating the team on the moves made in the last few days, they seem fine. I get why players left. Most of them got too much money for what the team can afford. These moves generally make sense. But the team has to address the DL in some meaningful fashion. They still can. The question is if they will

5 minutes ago, Garcon More Wine said:

runningback needs to be round 1 or 2.  weve neglected that position ever since portis left (sans 2 years with morris) and its time we had a good one.  NFL is switching back to more run heavy these past years and itll help take some of the pressure off smith.  no more 4/5th round gambles.  lets get a guy in here that can scare teams.   agreed on NT and CB after that (was hoping we'd get colvin, TJM, or honey badger, but looks unlikely).

Now a stud RB we definitely agree on. I would love to see them use the first two picks on a stud RB and a NT. 

21 minutes ago, mudpig said:

I agree.  I got the skins at 6-7 wins.  Our roster is bland and we have 20 million in space.  Great job FO.  Phenomenal....  

This 3-4 obsession is dumb.  A 4-3 puts Kerrigan as an end and Smith.  Who I agree is average, good player though,  advanced stats may say some crap, but Ive seen how those work the NBA and they are not worth looking at in most cases.  

I got a feeling they will find the most average back in the 2nd round.  Probably an injury prone guy.  

who's your linebackers in your hypothetical 4-3.  And aren't Kerrigan and Smith a little small for every down NFL DEs? 

Hello... Doug.. Hello Doug.. Are you awake..

You're losing some good draft picks from yes "Gasp" that Allen fellow..

Can you please sign someone..  I mean someone that isn't a low to mid free agent..

Let me count the ways you need to improve this team, and frankly you don't have a Third Round Pick...

Get moving!!

1 minute ago, Garcon More Wine said:

vita vea at 13 and best RB in rd2.  please sign me up.

I will be there at the draft day one hoping for either Payne to reconnect with our Alabama Defensive unit we got going or Vita, thinking they go with Payne. In the second a RB stud is a must.

• TK locked this topic
28 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Bummer deal Niles Paul on his way out..he stuck around for a minute

I like Paul and wish him the best but let’s face it, his main contribution was on special teams and good teams find those players in later draft rounds.  Not saying we can do it, but good teams do.

On the side note, I am happy for the guys who are leaving the Redskins and getting PAID! It’s great that they are able to maximize their earning!!   Good for them!  Would love to see them stay but Redskins don’t the cap space like these other teams!

I'd definitely use Trent Murphy's deal to get your legit NT. 

This free agency is potentially accomplishing a few perspectives in one go. If they sign players (DRC/Mathieu) that were cut and do not factor into the discussion of compensatory picks and the Redskins begin to have 'surplus' draft capital moving forward, that can be leveraged into multiple years of extra draft picks.

Still hoping for Galette, but it may be another Zach Brown situation where perceived value on the player's part has to be lowered by the market to even begin reasonable discussions on numbers. 

5 hours ago, bobandweave said:

Two more words = Alex Smith

Since 2011 his starting record is 69 wins with 30 losses and 1 tie. 

If your believing that Alex Smith is a loser QB your gonna get a 5-11 record from wake up and stop. Just stop. 

For the record Kirk in his entire career starting has a record of 26 wins 30 losses with 1 tie

I figure if we are just stating opinions that’s mine. 

It's a loose loose scenario ?% of the time with some ppl on here. All this complaining about BA making all these bad personnel decisions. We picked up a QB with a better career record for less money. Most would even say equivalent QB's. I guess I'm one of the few that got tired of watching KC finish the season w/ a horrible loss to a divisional foe. The only team on the division he had a winning record against was Philly. Heck, he's still third at best in the NFC North behind GB and Detroit. Jury's still out on Chicago. 

The same ppl who are complaining we aren't making enuff moves or are waiting on BA to make a bunch of bad moves forget that keeping Kirk wouldn't have allowed us to make any moves. Board starting to feel like ppl only wanna ***** and gripe. Their only concern is what can they complain about next. Might have to take a break from this self induced hysteria.

Right day 2 of official FA, Maybe Bruce Allen will turn up for business today instead of spending his day like he did yesterday at home baking cookies for his local garden fate. Don't get your hopes up though word on the street is he is going flower arranging so he can save money for his next meeting of useless GM'S which is held on the 21st of March.

HTTR 

5 hours ago, Garcon More Wine said:

im not upset at breeland leaving, im upset that we're counting on guys who showed very little last year to step in and start.  thats a stupid strategy unless these guys are legit ready (and nothing i saw last year made me believe they are)

the dline is a joke, thats not an argument.  dead last in run defense.  allen and ioanndiis are the only real players.  and yes we dont have an NT, and we refuse to get one.  since haslett took over in 2010 and switched to a 3-4 we've literally never had one.  i have zero hope we are gonna get one at this point, its only been 9 seasons lol.

oline depth ok ill buy that.

smith leans on run games and defenses.  thats his MO if youve followed him.  he doesnt throw TDs.  he dumps off, and doesnt turn the ball over.  and yes i know last year he randomly decided to air it out to tyreek hill a million times.  if he can duplicate that then thats good, but thats an outlier rather than a trend.  hes literally a better version of jason campbell lol.

i see no plan of action here, i see smith has a "lets show the fans we arent tanking this season so we arent laughed at for starting colt", weve made no real moves in FA (yes i know its early, but the rest of the guys are lower tier guys, and our FA class last year was frigging abysmal so i have no hope.  and we only have 6 picks, so we may be now forced to do our trademark once every 3 years where we trade back 92 times to recoup picks, and bruce/doug are morons and will screw this up.

bruce has a worst record than vinny as GM, even if you include mcloughlans years.  seriously let that sit in.  vinny was an absolute laughing stock stooge, and bruce has won less games than we did when vinny was in charge.  

I guess you saw something in KC that read franchise savior. Because for all the shade you keep throwing at Alex Smith I'd of thought Kirk was taking us to the promised land every year. Check his stats, they declined every year he was here. Heck you could even say at one point he put up numbers like Jared Goff did this season. Of wait, that's right McVey isn't calling the plays. Maybe you miss the games where he'd choke consistently against the NYG. Hey remind me of the game where Kirk came out on fire and put a team away early as opposed to stuffing the stat sheet the entire second half because he couldn't get it going in the first half. This revisionist history where KC was elite enuff to carry a team or elevate team play enuff to win in his own division is funny. Can't break the bank on one dude then talk about how badly he needs help. 

7 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

If we are going to sign 2nd tier players I would be tempted to look to trade Norman and Reed. 

HTTR 

25 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

#1 - Looks like any potential talks with Poe are "stuck" over $$....

I would give Poe $35m over 4 years with $20 guaranteed. If not look to get Logan for a bit less, maybe 4 years  $30m with $15m guaranteed .

HTTR 

33 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

If we are going to sign 2nd tier players I would be tempted to look to trade Norman and Reed. 

HTTR 

I'd agree, but i think that has passed,, the time to trade Norman was 2 months ago for a high pick. Trading him now takes our CB position, a solid group of young improving players a year ago and turns it back into the weakness we spent the last couple of drafts shoring up.

With Fuller and Breeland gone, we can't afford to weaken it any further.

Reed's inability to stay on the field makes his trade value way below what he's worth.

~Bang

12 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

Like it takes a lot to be successful this league??/ really

Philly is all you need to look at. They were not much more talented than us poor to FA last year and still aren't. Arguably their best player goes down and they win with backup scrub QB.

We took philly to the bell in 1st game and if it wasn't for Kurt airmailing an easy throw we probably win. We were healthy than.

So yea, we aren't far from competing in this league. Draft me a RB/DB, sign Suh and a solid MLB. I'll be eager to see results

We were predicting next season's record and I was far more optimistic than most, having them above .500 with a few tweeks. But even as one of the most optimistic posters I never thought we were just these additions away from the Eagles who just won the Super Bowl and then add a top 5 QB, All Pro DE and several other improvements.   We have a lot more holes than a RB/DB, Suh, and an ILB can fill.  With Suh we have exactly 3 good DL, the Eagles now have about 7.  Redskins have holes all over the roster right now and a deal for Suh changes the ability to improve need areas such as OL, Safety, CB, DL depth etc.  

Why are people so hell bent on getting rid of Norman and Reed? You do know these are two of those "playmakers" everyone talks about right? The game changers? Those are the guys we have. And a note here. Many of you are clamoring for that big splash signing. Great. Start cutting the previous splash signings and teams notice this. They are not going to come here seeing how you just cut your last splash signing after two seasons. I swear people are just complaining to complain at this point. It's like people want the Vinny years all over again. Trust this process, know that we are drafting well, and give them a shot before week one of OTA's.

Archived