Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

6 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I can't believe Redskins fans are actually pimping the idea of paying huge jack to 31 year old Ndamukong Suh, as if we are one player away.  

Like it takes a lot to be successful this league??/ really

Philly is all you need to look at. They were not much more talented than us poor to FA last year and still aren't. Arguably their best player goes down and they win with backup scrub QB.

We took philly to the bell in 1st game and if it wasn't for Kurt airmailing an easy throw we probably win. We were healthy than.

So yea, we aren't far from competing in this league. Draft me a RB/DB, sign Suh and a solid MLB. I'll be eager to see results

10 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Like it takes a lot to be successful this league??/ really

Philly is all you need to look at. They were not much more talented than us poor to FA last year and still aren't. Arguably their best player goes down and they win with backup scrub QB.

We took philly to the bell in 1st game and if it wasn't for Kurt airmailing an easy throw we probably win. We were healthy than.

So yea, we aren't far from competing in this league. Draft me a RB/DB, sign Suh and a solid MLB. I'll be eager to see results

Part of me is with you. The league is built for parity and every team has some of the best players in the world. Eagles are an example. So are both the Giants recent SBs. Actually the only team that isn't an example would be the Pats. 

I won't talk about the other part of me that doesn't think that way, but I do agree, things can change quickly and at this point in the season why not!

1 hour ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Chris Renkel CBS 42‏ @Chris_Renkel

FollowFollow @Chris_Renkel

More

Source: Oakland Raiders are working to trade for Cincinnati Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict. Bengals just signed Burfict to a 3 year $38 mill extension last season.

-----

The guy is 100% a POS ... but I wouldnt mind him being our POS. 

Not for that kinda cake.

8 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

HB contract point of reference...

He's a leader and respected.  His play would be worth every penny he receives, HigSkin. Check out his twitter account and see how much respect he's gotten and getting. :) 

17 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Maybe with Swearinger we can persuade him to come to D.C.  I think we have a pretty good shot.  The only big issue is that Mathieu is inexperienced at FS, could play slot corner for sure and could play SS.  We have a whole roster of SS's and it would be absurd to pay 9M for a slot corner.  As much as I would like the deal to go down, he would just be an unnecessary luxury.

As a Cowboy fan, I would hope they avoid Suh.  I have a hard time rooting for a player that will try to hurt others when he gets mad.  I don't follow the NFL closely anymore, but he just does too much potentially dangerous stuff on the field.  It seems like he has a good reputation as far as work ethic, intensity, and desire to win.  I just don't like dirty players.

2 hours ago, dswerdlw said:

Trying to keep track.  our targets at this point might be?

Guard : Cooper, Mewhort

ILB: Z.Brown, P. Brown, Bowman

DL: Richardson, Poe, Logan

CB/S: Mathieu, DRC, Gaines, R. Melvin, Claiborne 

OLB: Gallette

The players highlighted would be my top targets. I am really annoyed that Poe hasn't already been signed.

3 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Do I really need to answer that question?

Not you specifically, more so in the realm of the conversation- some seem to think we should have signed all of the guys who have left without any consistency which would have ended up in an overpayment (Murphy, grant, breeland, etc)

5 minutes ago, chris_c_19960 said:

Should we consider Tyler Eifert with the lost of Niles Paul ? He played for Jay in Cincy 

I like Eifert for the player he is and the reason you mentioned but I think I would prefer going after Ebron...he's proven to be more durable so far and he is younger.

1 hour ago, steve09ru said:

Not you specifically, more so in the realm of the conversation- some seem to think we should have signed all of the guys who have left without any consistency which would have ended up in an overpayment (Murphy, grant, breeland, etc)

I was making a (admittedly very small) joke about the rhetorical nature of your question. But my initial response was framed in terms of what "some of us" wanted, if you recall.

But in the "realm" of what you're talking about, you're framing it as a pure choice between either: being OK with a 7-9 team shedding talent, or wanting us to sign more Haynesworths and Archuletas. That's a false choice and not a good basis for any discussion.

2 hours ago, bobandweave said:

So the tally is 5 players lost, 2 players gained but only 1 gained from FA right? 

I'd look at it as 2 (potentially 3 depending on brown) starters lost and 2 starters gained with all of free agency and draft to go

7 minutes ago, Wyndorf25 said:

I like Eifert for the player he is and the reason you mentioned but I think I would prefer going after Ebron...he's proven to be more durable so far and he is younger.

If Eifert is healthy he'd be a great get....but I can't see keeping Reed and him both? Not enough snaps for both of them if they're both healthy.

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I was making a (admittedly very small) joke about the rhetorical nature of your question. But my initial response was framed in terms of what "some of us" wanted, if you recall.

But in the "realm" of what you're talking about, you're framing it as a pure choice between either: being OK with a 7-9 team shedding talent, or wanting us to sign more Haynesworths and Archuletas. That's a false choice and not a good basis for any discussion.

You can break the bank without giving out haynesworth and archuleta contracts.  Resigning long, breeland, grant, Murphy (none irreplaceable and only 1 starter) would have eaten up our cap space and more.  That's the main point I was making

Vikings already have a monster D line.  I guess like the Eagles they are looking to double down on strengthening the d line.  More than anyone, this is the dude I want right now.  Vikings and Eagles have been good at acquiring D line help.  I think its no coincidence they played at each in the NFC Championship. 

While the #Vikings aren't expected to make any big moves in the first wave of free agency (besides youknowwho), they have inquired about DL Sheldon Richardson, per sources. #Seahawks would like to retain him.

25 replies209 retweets435 likes

1 hour ago, steve09ru said:

You can break the bank without giving out haynesworth and archuleta contracts.  Resigning long, breeland, grant, Murphy (none irreplaceable and only 1 starter) would have eaten up our cap space and more.  That's the main point I was making

I get the point you were making, I was more differing with the way you are arguing it.

Personally, my critiques of what the Redskins are currently doing are more nuanced. But the team has set themselves in full "win now" mode. I certainly get why people are wondering why we're not going for the kind of players who could help us do just that.

Archived