Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:
Albert BreerVerified account @AlbertBreer
FollowingFollowing @AlbertBreer
More

Texted with ex-Cardinals DB Tyrann Mathieu on what he's looking for in his next destination: "I wanna go somewhere where football and defense matters." Said he'd love to go to a place where he can immerse himself in the game, and a culture of winning.

Not here in DC then...

Just now, KingGibbs said:

Well probably lose both Galette and Smith too. I'd like to bring back Galette because he was gaining his explosiveness back. We drafted and developed Smith so I don't expect these dumb ****s to re-sign him.

Smith is on the 3rd year of a 4 year rookie deal, is he not? I think the beat guys have said the Skins are set to re-sign him to a big extension soon and it's a priority.

You just can't pay your back-up players $7-10m a year (what Murphy got). Maybe Galette will take less. But this is why you have to draf and develop year after year and why, when we draft a Josh Doctson when we conceivably dont need an impact WR right away, it's important to factor in the long-term im0lications.

And this is also why having draft picks and focusing on the draft > FA is so important.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:
Albert BreerVerified account @AlbertBreer
FollowingFollowing @AlbertBreer
More

Texted with ex-Cardinals DB Tyrann Mathieu on what he's looking for in his next destination: "I wanna go somewhere where football and defense matters." Said he'd love to go to a place where he can immerse himself in the game, and a culture of winning.

Well, that leaves us out.  ;) 

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Logan, Richardson, Poe just to name the top of the crop. Oh and Suh. Not much to be heard from what's going on with these guys.

Remember Poe and Logan signed 1 year prove it deals last year. Late in FA too.

Yeah part of the reason why I am chilled is that.  I want one of those DTs preferably Richardson. 

I am under no illusion that the Redskins arguably lost more guys than any team I can think of right now -- it was actually just talked about a little while ago on the NFL Network with someone going something to the effect of wow the Redskins lost a lot of guys.

But if all they do is sign Richardson and Mathieu, they have made up that ground and more IMO.

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Smith is on the 3rd year of a 4 year rookie deal, is he not? I think the beat guys have said the Skins are set to re-sign him to a big extension soon and it's a priority.

That's what worries me. He's going to get paid a lot more than he's worth. A lot more. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah part of the reason why I am chilled is that.  I want one of those DTs preferably Richardson. 

I am under no illusion that the Redskins arguably lost more guys than any team I can think of right now -- it was actually just talked about a little while ago on the NFL Network with someone going something to the effect of wow the Redskins lost a lot of guys.

But if all they do is sign Richardson and Mathieu, they have made up that ground and more IMO.

If Mathieu expects to get more than his previous deal of $12.5/yr and is truly "concerned about winning" then he won't be here.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Sounds like standard free agency speak to me. Pairing with Swearinger and Norman would have to have some attraction to the Badger. But I know we love Nicholson a lot so it probably isnt going to happen.

He'd play nickel CB so he'd always be on the field. So our secondary would presumably be Norman - Mathieu - Nicholson - Swearinger - Moreau ... and he'd be insurance against Nicholson getting hurt.

Not to mention that, as of now, we'd still have Cravens on the roster. The Badger would really allow you to e flexible and possibly just keep 4 Safeties since he can play safety and nickel back.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Sounds like standard free agency speak to me. Pairing with Swearinger and Norman would have to have some attraction to the Badger. But I know we love Nicholson a lot so it probably isnt going to happen.

Nicholson is a safety...what would that have to do with wanting Matheiu?

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's an enormous stretch, imo. Richardson, Richardson and Mathieu minus Fuller, Brown, Breeland, Grant, Murphy, Galette, Paul, Long. Don't see that as a wash, much less an upgrade.

13 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Winning 7-9 games every year is an pretty optimistic view of things.. but not necessarily accurate. Since 2000, the redskins have won 7 games or more 10 times. The other 8 were 6 wins or less. So this team has had plenty of lousy years where they've been in position for high picks. Far too many, I'd contend.

...and some people think Im a pessimist!

This is the most Ive ever seen other teams want Skins players.  At this point we are losing:

Cousins

Breeland

Murphy

Long

Paul

Grant

With the possibility of other teams picking up:

Pryor

Brown

Galette

Lauvao

Compton

If we are smart and only pick up about 3-4 bigger FAs, we will get 3-4 Comp picks from the looks of it.

Imagine how pumped we'd be about what looks to be a little re-tooling effort if we hadn't made the Alex Smith trade, and still had Fuller and that 3rd. 

We'd be happily counting our comp picks and looking to next year's QB class if no one falls to 13. 

Instead we're in this weird artificial window where we feel like we have make splashes and win games, even though we suck, because Bruce was allowed to attempt to go into emergency job saving mode. 

I would have been fine letting Cousins leave and winning 4 games this year with McCoy or something (assuming a rookie QB didn't fall to us) and looking yo next year. But this organization would never do that and instead we get half measures and desperation...but not enough competence to go full win-now. 

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

That's an enormous stretch, imo. Richardson, Richardson and Mathieu minus Fuller, Brown, Breeland, Grant, Murphy, Galette, Paul, Long. Don't see that as a wash, much less an upgrade.

I am not counting Zach Brown out yet.  But as I said earlier if they lose Brown IMO they need to sign a MLB.  But yeah with Zach out I agree with you.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not counting Zach Brown out yet.  But as I said earlier if they lose Brown IMO they need to sign a MLB.  But yeah with Zach out I agree with you.

13th pick is a great spot for an impact ILB in this draft IMO.

19 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Can't imagine Paul gets enough for a comp. pick. I didn't think so with Grant, either, but Paul seems far more unlikely.

I don't think he'd be signing this quick unless it was a decent deal.  And he's likely to be their number 2 TE, looking at what they have.  Primary backups make good money

Archived