Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

So we've lost Fuller, Murphy, and Breeland. We are going to lose Brown, it looks like. So our **** defense is getting ****tier?

Can’t get much ****tier than what they were last year. We won’t miss Murphy or Breeland. Brown and Fuller, sure.

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

So we've lost Fuller, Murphy, and Breeland. We are going to lose Brown, it looks like. So our **** defense is getting ****tier?

Don;t like losing fuller. Murphy - glad to him go. Not worth keeping .Breeland too much of a head case. Was Ok at times but also too much of headache. Brown is not gone until he is gone. 

How about we wait till it's all done before lamenting the results. 

38 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Just a thought - With all the Redskin FAs getting paid might we have been a better team than our record indicated? I know there were injuries, but if the market is overpaying players across the board then I'm assuming there's a gap in how talented we feel they are and what the larger market feels. 

If we stink so bad then how come everyone wants our players? Do we think we should have paid Bree 6mil a yr? Thanks all.

Another sign that this is not the same old Redskins. It will be really nice having some comp picks next year, plus let us not forget that we have a bunch of guys drafted last year that hopefully take similar steps up like fuller/ioanidis/moses etc have in years past.

I hope we bring back Gallette/Brown, make a strong push for Honeybadger (especially since he won't factor into the comp pick equation) and an impact DL. Maybe sniff around a Justin Pugh. Other than that let's roll to the draft. Just please do not sign any average players that will cancel out our guys already signed!

26 minutes ago, redrobert said:

Bring on the Comp Picks!

The comp picks with a 7-9 2018 record and likely new head coach and GM (the GM change I wouldn't mind :))

Their defense wasn't hot to begin with but if they subtract their edge rushing depth, MLB, 2 of their three top corners -- hard for me to see how the defense is treading water let alone taking a step up.  We got to replace LG, too. 

Don't get me wrong I like to get comp picks everything being equal.  And with the number of players lost -- I think comp picks are a given, we are just talking about how many. 

But I don't think the season will go well if we lose that many players without making up some ground.   They are just talking about it now on NFL Network about how its going to be interesting to see what the Redskins do considering all the departures.  But the topic on NFL Network is wow that team has lost a lot of guys.   

Having said all of that, I am not pessimistic.  I think they got a few things up their sleeve.   If they ride the FA season without making at least a couple a more major moves -- there is a chance that Bruce won't be around to take advantage of the 2019 draft picks.  So I doubt he's that ballsy.  We will find out.

My prediction a big signing happens today or tomorrow.  :)

Archived