Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

20 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

I wonder if we're being frugal because we really should extend Scherff, P. Smith, and Crowder's contracts so they never get a sniff of free agencuy.

This is a very under-talked about point... Scherff is going to be expensive with the precedent set over the last 48 hours, and letting Murphy walk leads me to believe they want to keep Smith around.  Crowder needs to get over the dropsies this year but he's probably going to be in the same zipcode as Richardson on the next deal..  blasting free agency now with deals would hurt signing all of these guys.  

I am concerned about TK's post that Zach Brown is dumber than a bag of hammers. But, I still would love to have him back. He's the guy when you watch the games, he's making every play. Granted, we don't know assignments and usually don't see coverage flaws. But for 5-6 mil/year I'd be thrilled to have some continuity and a thumper.

Than, do 1 big sign with Sheldon or Poe or Suh.

Finally, draft DB/RB/DL in the draft

59 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Why would the Redskins be in on Honey Badger?

First, why would he want to come here? Outside of Swearinger being here.

Second, why would we want to spend most likely 10M+ on another corner?  We already have Norman counting for almost 17M against the cap in 2018.  We just let Breeland walk for 8M APY/11M guaranteed.  We gave away a 750K corner in trade.

You can get out of Norman's contract easily next season.  As for the Honey Badger he's sort of a hybrid free safety-nickel guy.  Fuller shored up the nickel part last year.  The two seasons running before that -- that spot was a train wreck.    I don't love having a glaring hole in that position in a division with arguably the best combination of slot receivers in the league or if not close to it. 

With the Redskins still quiet in FA, my temporary beat:

DYVSz43WAAAlZG9.jpg

10 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I'm starting to think we should sign Derrick Johnson to a 1 or 2 year deal.... He'd be our stop-gap for any rookies we draft.

Do it before the Patriots do it.... I don't think Zach Brown is re-signing here and we are in big need of a ILB.

As a Chiefs fan I’d recommend against this.  He just isn’t the same guy.  His game was always speed and it looks like injuries and Father Time have caught up to him.  I watched people run past him all year last year.  The Chiefs defense was a disgrace last year and he had a big part in that.

2 minutes ago, Mannix said:

As a Chiefs fan I’d recommend against this.  He just isn’t the same guy.  His game was always speed and it looks like injuries and Father Time have caught up to him.  I watched people run past him all year last year.  The Chiefs defense was a disgrace last year and he had a big part in that.

As a Redskins fan... you have no idea what historically bad defense looks like.  I believe we were 27th last year and folks thought we were the '85 Bears at times.

1 hour ago, actorguy1 said:

The DL market has been extremely quiet. That tells me that the top player's agents are over pricing their clients and no team is willing to make a leap. Probably gonna be a few days before it gets sorted out

THats a good sign because Brown was an instance of this type of situation last year. But I think Bruce has a price that will be competitive.

8 minutes ago, DC9 said:

As a Redskins fan... you have no idea what historically bad defense looks like.  I believe we were 27th last year and folks thought we were the '85 Bears at times.

More like 02 Ravens.

:ols:

10 minutes ago, DC9 said:

You’re not wrong.  I’ve seen folks touring an 11 ranking in DVOA, but that normally comes from folks that are hating on the prior QB.  Sometimes the eye test counts and that defense got worked over the overwhelming majority of the time, not unlike years past.

15 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I can't believe Redskins fans are actually pimping the idea of paying huge jack to 31 year old Ndamukong Suh, as if we are one player away.  

You'd think they would have learned by now, but the glitter of that big name starts to mesmerize people i guess.

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

After 20 years it should be pretty clear that the Redskins can not do what the Eagles did.  As you said they hired smart football people, we have Bruce Allen. 

And by tying up so much money into a player who is another dirty play away from another suspension you have just handcuffed your ability to fill all the other needs they have on this roster.  

The first point you are correct.  They blow.  I don't know about Suh.  He has shown better behavior this past year.  BUT if I am reading correctly, and I hope this this is bull **** are they looking to stock up on compensatory picks in the draft?  Really?  

you're not talking about just some average player.... You're talking about Ndamukong Suh.... Still a premier DT who changes the entire defense which is something we need. There isn't any one talent in the FA crop that's better than Suh, bottom line.

No such thing as one player away anymore because any team can win on any given Sunday if the coaches get it out of them and in fact, defense wins championships.... don't have to look farther than the Eagles last year. Hell, I started the year with them at the bottom of the NFCEast.

8 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

The first point you are correct.  They blow.  I don't know about Suh.  He has shown better behavior this past year.  BUT if I am reading correctly, and I hope this this is bull **** are they looking to stock up on compensatory picks in the draft?  Really?  

Stocking up on extra picks ain’t a bad idea..just give it a thought for a sec-yes were are losing players in FA but why should we overspend on high priced players that are going to restrict our cap down the road,instead let our young players get on the field this season and go into next years draft with 10-11 picks in decent rounds..not only do we have the luxury to bring in that many cheap,young players but having those picks gives us flexibility to move around the boards to trade/swap these picks to acquire players that fill actually needs without shorting ourselves with limited picks..I hate when we sign players just to say we signed em-we need help,not just bodies!!

51 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You can get out of Norman's contract easily next season.  As for the Honey Badger he's sort of a hybrid free safety-nickel guy.  Fuller shored up the nickel part last year.  The two seasons running before that -- that spot was a train wreck.    I don't love having a glaring hole in that position in a division with arguably the best combination of slot receivers in the league or if not close to it. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't like having a glaring hole there either.  I just don't see how we can justify spending that kind of money there.  But at the same time, I'm not sure how they justified shipping the 750K player we had there before.

Seriously.... Jay comes up and says we need to get better at stopping the run. 3 top end DT's still available and not even a buzz out of Redskin Park.

WTF...seriously, you have to land one of these DT's. Immediately makes every DL better on the team by rotation and depth. Frees up dropping McSomebody next year and offsetting cost of sign. 

Get this done, it is almost non-negotiable

Archived