Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

LG, RB, DT. MLB, Nickel CB, Blocking TE.  No 3rd Round Pick.

That's a lot of needs.  And the draft will address just a fraction of them.  Unless we are expecting to hit gold with low round picks which is pretty rare.  However, I am not panicking yet.  But I am surprised about their slow start to FA.  The posts the other day about this is what they did last time, too -- isn't true.  They locked in three of their top 5 targets at this time.   

We still got time.  I am not ruling out a typical ho hum Bruce Allen FA crop -- that I think will likely end up costing him his job in 2019.   But I do think targets exist that are still intriguing to me.

10 minutes ago, carex said:

her comments earlier about LB and CB both needing players seems off.  yeah, LB sure, but we've lost one and still have three un-signed and don't have a huge amount of high upside depth, while a CB we've lost two, but have two guys with upside and no one else in danger of being lost

If I recall Doug mentioned CB as a need -- specifically nickel corner.    

2 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

@Lombardi's_kid_brother No need to worry about Daniel Snyder

All numbers in milion dollars

2017 2016 2015
Player Expenses 196 193 170
Operating Income 146 115 124,9
Revenu 482 447 439
Value 3100 2950 2850

We are only behind Dallas, New England and New York in total franchise value. 

I think the classic quote from Lions fans is that the owner is cheap? Their operating income (net of stadium revenues used for debt payments), was in the red (below zero) between 2010 and 2014. But still made a yearly revenue in that periode between 200 en 250 milion. 

Source: the internet. (or Forbes https://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/#/page:3

*Those 3 Teams ONLY Jumped Ahead of Us, because of Their 'New Stadiums'.

Hopefully, Dan 'Pours Some Gasoline' on Bruce's Tail - to Sign Some 'IMPACT F/A Players'!!!

4 hours ago, Mr.Will said:

Stocking up on extra picks ain’t a bad idea..just give it a thought for a sec-yes were are losing players in FA but why should we overspend on high priced players that are going to restrict our cap down the road,instead let our young players get on the field this season and go into next years draft with 10-11 picks in decent rounds..not only do we have the luxury to bring in that many cheap,young players but having those picks gives us flexibility to move around the boards to trade/swap these picks to acquire players that fill actually needs without shorting ourselves with limited picks..I hate when we sign players just to say we signed em-we need help,not just bodies!!

Exactly, which is why I was not happy with McClain and McGhee last year. Those were just bodies and we got a bit from one and nothing from the other which was pretty easy to predict when they were signed.  

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

LG, RB, DT. MLB, Nickel CB, Blocking TE.  No 3rd Round Pick.

That's a lot of needs.  And the draft will address just a fraction of them.  Unless we are expecting to hit gold with low round picks which is pretty rare.  However, I am not panicking yet.  But I am surprised about their slow start to FA.  The posts the other day about this is what they did last time, too -- isn't true.  They locked in three of their top 5 targets at this time.   

We still got time.  I am not ruling out a typical ho hum Bruce Allen FA crop -- that I think will likely end up costing him his job in 2019.   But I do think targets exist that are still intriguing to me.

Sprinkle is supposed to be our blocking TE.  Re-signing Brown takes care of MLB.  Our biggest needs for what we don't have is LG and NT

I'd be perfectly happy with Bennie Logan. Much prefer him than Suh, who only has himself in mind. I mean, if we want to go back to the reputation of signing older overrated players for stupid money so they can retire fat and laughing while we stay at 5-11 forever, then Suh is our man. Gas up the jet, tell Dan to get out the most gaudy gem-encrusted money bags he has and go get him.

Logan's a player. I'd have liked him to sign here last year, but I'll be alright to have kept the seat warm.

~Bang

1. 0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message

Clarification on Richardson's market.

DYWhoFtU0AE-ojQ.jpg
7 minutes ago, carex said:

Sprinkle is supposed to be our blocking TE.  Re-signing Brown takes care of MLB.  Our biggest needs for what we don't have is LG and NT

Maybe on Sprinkle.  They resigned Zach Brown?

5 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Oof. I know there's still a long time till the season begins, but it looks like our dumpster fire of a defense will burn even hotter next season. Can't wait to give up 150 rush yards and 30+ points per game.

Until our D line started getting hurt, specifically losing Jonathan Allen in the 49ers game, we were giving up an average of 88 yards on the ground per game through the first 5. Thats even after that average being hurt by Alex Smith putting up almost 60 on us in the KC game taking their total to 168 or so. Our young guys on the D-line are pretty good, I would be pretty happy with those guys back healthy and drafting a DL in the first or second round.

It was after we starting getting hit by injury that our rush defense hurt pretty bad.

2 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Until our D line started getting hurt, specifically losing Jonathan Allen in the 49ers game, we were giving up an average of 88 yards on the ground per game through the first 5. Thats even after that average being hurt by Alex Smith putting up almost 60 on us in the KC game taking their total to 168 or so. Our young guys on the D-line are pretty good, I would be pretty happy with those guys back healthy and drafting a DL in the first or second round.

It was after we starting getting hit by injury that our rush defense hurt pretty bad.

Yup it's as if people forget the context of last season. People were HYPED around these parts after the Raiders game and even the Chiefs Monday nighter when we took it to one of the best teams in football at the time. They just see 7-9 and stomp around complaining without seeing the big picture.

1 minute ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Yup it's as if people forget the context of last season. People were HYPED around these parts after the Raiders game and even the Chiefs Monday nighter when we took it to one of the best teams in football at the time. They just see 7-9 and stomp around complaining without seeing the big picture.

Yeah, our defense was driven by the D-line, as it is for most teams. I firmly believe that if our D-line didnt get hit with injuries we would have made the playoffs. Build the d-line and it helps the rest of the team. People were hyped about the defense because the DL was doing work.

3 minutes ago, Bang said:

I'd be perfectly happy with Bennie Logan. Much prefer him than Suh, who only has himself in mind. I mean, if we want to go back to the reputation of signing older overrated players for stupid money so they can retire fat and laughing while we stay at 5-11 forever, then Suh is our man. Gas up the jet, tell Dan to get out the most gaudy gem-encrusted money bags he has and go get him.

Logan's a player. I'd have liked him to sign here last year, but I'll be alright to have kept the seat warm.

~Bang

I'm not a big Logan fan. I think he does one thing well and that's clog the middle. That's all good and fine, but is that worth ~$8M/season? I remember when the Eagles were shifting from a 3-4 to a 4-3 many thought his quickness would jump off the screen and he'd be good for a 5+ sack season. Ultimately he didn't meet expectations and was not retained the following season. That followed a year where KC, who stunk on D last year, signed him to a one year 'prove it' deal and decided not to bring him back. 

I'm not saying he's bad, just that he's a role player that doesn't get to the QB. Along the DL that's not worth very much and shouldn't be a priority with cap space. 

The pattern here is playoff teams overpaying for pieces they think will put them over the top. These players will likely be on these teams for a season or two before being cut due to demanding too much money in later years of their contracts.

If the 'Skins were a playoff team right now, and needed 2-3 players to put them over the top, I'd full expect them to be signing some of these players or at least going after them aggressively.  They are in no such position though.  They need youth and long term contracts in order to get to where most of these teams are already at.

19 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Good, now go sign Ndamukong Suh..... he's better than Poe and Sheldon Richardson...

ALLEN probably hasn't even heard of Suh, Wilkerson and Poe gone, I'm just off looking at the available NT/DT that are available in Allen's price range. l will bypass the players who will want more than $3m per year.

HTTR 

I'm still chilled over FA. I didn't think it was a good crop and what we've lost so far isn't ground breaking. 

Richardson is a very good pick up, I'd take DRC at slot. We really should lock Brown up. Plus I'd get Logan. Still lots out there to fit us. 

I think the organization has figured it out. They Can't compete in the NFC. Hell they can't compete in the NFC East. So why spend anymore money. Hell we don't even have that much money left under the cap. Yet we can't win 9 games. The team has been garbage pretty much my whole life. I'm 33 and it's just time to say it. The Skins suck and will always suck with Snyder as the Owner. Hopefully I can out live him. 

Brian Quick was resigned yesterday and needs to be updated on the OP!

https://riggosrag.com/2018/03/14/washington-redskins-re-sign-veteran-wide-receiver-brian-quick/

Washington Redskins re-sign veteran wide receiver Brian Quick

wqbNuQKq_normal.jpg Adam Caplan

@caplannfl

WR Brian Quick to re-sign with #Redskins, per his agency.

12 minutes ago, Bang said:

~Bang

I agree that we don't want the Redskins to be picking up FA's as soon as it hits 4pm on March 13th in Snyder's private jet. But like I said in an earlier post I just don't see the point in trading for Alex Smith if we are not going to give him the parts to win, and that includes making our D better to give Smith more chances to win. We might as well have just gone with McCoy and just used the draft this year, finish with 3/4 wins draft a top QB in 19 and have $60m plus to spend in FA next year.

HTTR 

Archived