Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

9 minutes ago, Bang said:

I'd be perfectly happy with Bennie Logan. Much prefer him than Suh, who only has himself in mind. I mean, if we want to go back to the reputation of signing older overrated players for stupid money so they can retire fat and laughing while we stay at 5-11 forever, then Suh is our man. Gas up the jet, tell Dan to get out the most gaudy gem-encrusted money bags he has and go get him.

Logan's a player. I'd have liked him to sign here last year, but I'll be alright to have kept the seat warm.

~Bang

Just remember that he signed a prove-it deal last year and proved nothing good. That's a big red flag to me.

Regardless, even a bad Logan >>> Hood, so if we can get him at a fair price then I'm on board. Problem is that no one wants to come here for a fair price.

9 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Would've gladly taken Poe at that price point. I shudder to think what we offered him if that's what he took.

Aside from ESers' wish lists, were the Skins actually linked to Poe?

Researching Richardson, seems like the Vikings are the hottest for him, he's going for the a visit.

On NFL Network just now they said on Mathieu, the market is just developing but for now watch the Giants-Jets.

The Giants have been somewhat aggressive thus far.

3 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Yep by multiple beat people

Let's be real, they're not signing Logan either. (And he kinda had a down year in 2017 anyway.) Not getting Suh, not getting Richardson. Passed on Mo, Star, DaQuan, etc. Forcing selves into a corner for DL in R1, which sucks, and if they don't, I rage. ?

Direct message

41 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Good, now go sign Ndamukong Suh..... he's better than Poe and Sheldon Richardson...

For how dominant Suh has been he's always been linked to loser franchises IMO. Detriot hasn't won a playoff game in ??? Miami won Suh in free agency and did little winning after that. 

Sadly this seems like a Vinny type of hiring where he would outbid himself numerous times on the way to grabbing headlines. 

7 minutes ago, Gallen5862 said:

Brian Quick was resigned yesterday and needs to be updated on the OP!

https://riggosrag.com/2018/03/14/washington-redskins-re-sign-veteran-wide-receiver-brian-quick/

Washington Redskins re-sign veteran wide receiver Brian Quick

For what he is paid and as a WR4 or WR5, I really liked what he brought last year. For the very limited snaps, he seemed to run the right route, know when Cousins needed a hot route ... just seemed like a cheap but somewhat dependable WR for a timing/throw to a space offense. 

Dont understand why, with so much trouble getting Pryor/Doctson to run the right routes and depths, he didnt get more looks. Seemed like Cousins trusted him more than Pryor or Doct. 

Does he play ST? I forget. 

----------------------------------------------------------

edit -- I do not want to over pay for any of these DTs. I just dont think the position justifies anything over maybe 10 M for the best of the best DTs. I know you win in the trenches but teams just double teamed Suh and he was negated. Of course, that should open it up for the ends and rushers .. but DTs are like interior OL for me. Very important but if there a huge impact from tier 1 and tier 2 players? 

Panthers signed DT Dontari Poe, formerly of the Falcons, to a three-year, $27 million contract.

The Panthers took two days to find their Star Lotulelei replacement. Poe is coming off a one-year pit stop in Atlanta, where he remained hard to handle in the middle of the defense. Durable and disruptive, Poe is a load against the run. He's a nice fit in Ron Rivera's 4-3 defense.

7 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Just remember that he signed a prove-it deal last year and proved nothing good. That's a big red flag to me.

Regardless, even a bad Logan >>> Hood, so if we can get him at a fair price then I'm on board. Problem is that no one wants to come here for a fair price.

The news of his signing came from a Washington post reporter? So that could be a sign that Redskins connection send them a message. Poe deal went south. Sign in Carolina 

-----

Not a fan of the Raiders moves. I think they sign to many older vets. Their moves just don't make team a lot better. Is Nelson really that much better then Crabtree? I don't think so. 

I don't see us giving a contract out that negates next years comp 3rd rounder for Kirk. Plus, if we are 'sure' that we have netted  2 or 3 comp picks next year, I could see us trading a future pick to get back into this years draft into the 3rd/4th round.

44 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Seems like we have a clear 7/8mil per year upper limit. Happy enough with that, we also get to preserve our 3rd round comp pick next year by keeping a lid on contracts.

However, I would pay big for HB and the bonus is he was released so no effect on comp picks.

Agreed on HB.  I truly think the FO is worried about canceling out the 3rd round comp pick for Cousins.  I think they want to be able to point to it and say 1) we got something for Kirk leaving, and 2) it replaces the 3rd we traded for Smith (kind of weird logic I think).  

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

LG, RB, DT. MLB, Nickel CB, Blocking TE.  No 3rd Round Pick.

That's a lot of needs.  And the draft will address just a fraction of them.  Unless we are expecting to hit gold with low round picks which is pretty rare.  However, I am not panicking yet.  But I am surprised about their slow start to FA.  The posts the other day about this is what they did last time, too -- isn't true.  They locked in three of their top 5 targets at this time.   

We still got time.  I am not ruling out a typical ho hum Bruce Allen FA crop -- that I think will likely end up costing him his job in 2019.   But I do think targets exist that are still intriguing to me.

To add to that, we’re also now shorter on depth in a few areas.  Means an even tighter margin going into the draft.  I’m thinking 3 cheaper guys (DaQuan Jones, Cromartie and a LG, for instance), and then see what you can get out of the draft.  

Or maybe re-sign Brown and possibly still add 2-3 of those cheaper guys.  

Heck, (as far as G goes) I’d be fine re-signing a super cheap Bergstrom for depth at C and G competition.  

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If I recall Doug mentioned CB as a need -- specifically nickel corner.    

As did Jay.  I have hope for Holsey, but expecting him to produce as a high level starter is risky, to say the least.  

50 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

We chased Logan heavily last year. Get him in town, 4year 30-32mil and be done with it.

Poe to Panthers for 9m per year so Allen probably will have offered him 6/7m, Logan probably is looking for 7/8m so look for Allen to offer him $6m tops. 

HTTR 

8 minutes ago, MEANDWARF said:

Panthers signed DT Dontari Poe, formerly of the Falcons, to a three-year, $27 million contract.

The Panthers took two days to find their Star Lotulelei replacement. Poe is coming off a one-year pit stop in Atlanta, where he remained hard to handle in the middle of the defense. Durable and disruptive, Poe is a load against the run. He's a nice fit in Ron Rivera's 4-3 defense.

I don't know about how good he is. IMO his greatest NFL accomplishment was what he did in the combine. I think he's a better athlete than player. 

3 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Why did they re-sign Brian Quick?

Cheap, capable and solid insurance to bring into camp.  See how the draft and UDFA turns out, see how they and our other young guys perform in camp, and go from there.  I thought he was a no-brainer re-sign for us (starting some months back, I mean).  

8 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Poe to Panthers for 9m per year so Allen probably will have offered him 6/7m, Logan probably is looking for 7/8m so look for Allen to offer him $6m tops. 

HTTR 

Im fine with that, those values are more what I'd consider they are worth.

The draft is kind to us on RB, DL, ILB, CB. By trading back, or moving around a bit we can fill those voids.

Interior OL worries me more. I've banged on about Jensen from the Ravens but can't see that happening. Read that we were looking again at bringing Sullivan back at C. We need to plug a gap on the OL.

Redskins do not need a WR, that's probably the last position they're looking at next to punter. 

- Doctson

- Crowder

- Richardson

- Quick

- Harris

That's more than enough for a QB who doesn't see WRs past 20 hash marks. 

Biggest targets on this team will be the Thompson, Reed, and Crowder as it currently stands and one can hope Richardson would be heavily implemented. 

Desperate need for defensive forces in every position outside of OLB and RE.

45 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:
  1. etweet

Direc

Maybe on Sprinkle.  They resigned Zach Brown?

not yet on Brown, but they're still trying.  As for Sprinkle, he's a second year player.  You can't give up on draft picks that quickly and still care about the draft as a way to replenish the team

2 minutes ago, Rocky52Mc said:

Redskins do not need a WR, that's probably the last position they're looking at next to punter. 

- Doctson

- Crowder

- Richardson

- Quick

- Harris

That's more than enough for a QB who doesn't see WRs past 20 hash marks. 

Biggest targets on this team will be the Thompson, Reed, and Crowder as it currently stands and one can hope Richardson would be heavily implemented. 

Desperate need for defensive forces in every position outside of OLB and RE.

That list of WRs tells me they need to look at WR. 

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

That list of WRs tells me they need to look at WR. 

our offense will never have a true #1 unless an AJ green type is available, and smith loves RBs and TEs.  Id be fine with crabtree on a small deal but for now we are set at pass catcher IMO.  the defense is in shambles lol.

2 minutes ago, carex said:

not yet on Brown, but they're still trying.  As for Sprinkle, he's a second year player.  You can't give up on draft picks that quickly and still care about the draft as a way to replenish the team

Based on what the beat guys are saying -- I wouldn't put that one in the bank as for Zach.  But I hope you are right. 

No one is talking about giving up on draft picks.  Cooley who knows a thing or two about TEs and this offense specifically sees a blocking TE who can catch as a glaring need -- at least while Sprinkle develops.  Maybe he's wrong but he's not the only one on the train of the TEs contributed mightly to the poor running game last year.

28 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Fire up the Jets and sign him please :cheers:

I like Crabtree, too.  On 106.7 they are talking about it now, they don't think they will do it.  But will see.

Archived