Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

6 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Is brown really that bad in coverage or was it his newness to the defense and injuries. I have read positive stories on his coverage skills

He struggles in different kind of coverage. It's not like he is able to one-on-one defend guys but struggles in zone coverage. That could be scheme issue. But a veteran like him should not struggle that bad with learning a new scene. It's not like we run a lot of exotic coverages. 

He just likes running downhill more. Play in front of him. Instead of backwards. 

20 minutes ago, Rocky52Mc said:

We're looking at a 3rd and (2) 5's and then something worse. Either way, this roster isn't in position to aim for non-guaranteed compensatory picks next year. They sound nice but technically the 3 is a 4, the 5's are 6's. Skins don't just need bodies,  they need capable players in major roles on defense and they lack the draft ammunition this year to fix it without making some serious acquisitions. 

Draft rounds 1, 2, and 4 cannot fix holes at LG, C, MLB, SS, RE, HB, CB, etc.

No Technically the three is a three and 4's and 5's are 4's and 5's?

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cooley just savages him in his film reviews.  If I recall PFF too as for his pass defense.  But he's a beast as to stopping the run and IMO we need that.

Huge in that respect but now you need the frontline piece which would be, in Allen's price range (Logan).  I'd be thrilled with Richardson but he's visiting the Vikes and I doubt he leaves there.

11 minutes ago, chris_c_19960 said:

Is Kirk Dissing us in a round about kind of way . Come on Kirk stay classy

What is he actually saying  ... I found it kind of interesting there is a no tag and a no trade clause in his contract so ... already he has his eyes on his next big deal .... 

Good that Brown is back ... if we can get some D line help that would be a day 

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Well, it said a "max' of $24M for 3 years so i'm gonna assume that the actual contract is less than $8M py and the rest is incentives of some sort.

Yeah the first reports are usually the rosiest to make the player/agent look better. So the fact that the first report even acknowledges the "max" qualifier probably means we're looking at a deal we'll all like more than the raw numbers suggest. All depends on if the incentives are "likely to be earned" or not

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

No Technically the three is a three and 4's and 5's are 4's and 5's?

Is that what you nitpicked...really?

If there's 32 picks in the 3rd round, and then you're given a an extra pick 3-4 picks after the 32nd, would you call that a 3 or a 4?

Ever heard of New England always crying that their 1st rounders are actually low 2's?

I hope you enjoyed making me write this.

11 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

YESSSS!!!!

Get that DL player!!

I was fine with P. Richardson, resign Zach and get a top tier DL. That is a successful FA period. Couple that with some likely comp picks, pretty good IMO

You get a "top tier" DL and you can kiss the 3rd round Comp pick goodbye. Lets not forget these are players that NO ONE ELSE is running to break the bank for right now. Suh is going to New Orleans tomorrow. I doubt he leaves there.

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah the first reports are usually the rosiest to make the player/agent look better. So the fact that the first report even acknowledges the "max" qualifier probably means we're looking at a deal we'll all like more than the raw numbers suggest. All depends on if the incentives are "likely to be earned" or not

Yeah, you got that part in bold right lol...i think Cousins' contract was the only deal that I took immediately at face value :ols:

Wondering how much is guaranteed, although it's' not likely to matter.

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah he did.  Lets not forget the Oakland game, with Brown, Foster, Allen and Ioanidas this defense was, dare I say it, bad ass.  

Swearinger making Lynch question his career with that hit was highlight of 2017

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

You get a "top tier" DL and you can kiss the 3rd round Comp pick goodbye. Lets not forget these are players that NO ONE ELSE is running to break the bank for right now. Suh is going to New Orleans tomorrow. I doubt he leaves there.

you're on a roll lol.

What top tier DL signs for $28 py?

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cooley just savages him in his film reviews as for pass defense.  If I recall PFF too as for his pass defense.  But he's a beast as to stopping the run and IMO we need that.

Anyone who has played or coached the game knows he SUCKS in pass coverage :). I am fine with them bringing him back though. Foster is better in coverage. We need him to stay healthy.

12 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

What is he actually saying  ... I found it kind of interesting there is a no tag and a no trade clause in his contract so ... already he has his eyes on his next big deal .... 

Good that Brown is back ... if we can get some D line help that would be a day 

how can there be a no tag clause in his contract?  The contract is over the next time the tag issue comes up?

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I'm still chilled over FA. I didn't think it was a good crop and what we've lost so far isn't ground breaking. 

Richardson is a very good pick up, I'd take DRC at slot. We really should lock Brown up. Plus I'd get Logan. Still lots out there to fit us. 

One hour later, and three beers later, I'm still chilled over FA :pint:

Just now, clskinsfan said:

He doesnt have to sign for 28 per year. He only has to be paid in the top 95th percentile of free agent signings:

https://overthecap.com/projecting-2018-compensatory-picks/

Point being we'd have to overpay the hell out of whoever is left and that's virtually impossible. That 3rd is sticking. The 5th rounders can get wiped but not the 3rd.

16 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

I would think him actually being on the team would mean that he, in fact, knows even better than you that the run defense sucked last year.  

Since he is the one to make the tackles after no one else can or gets a front row seat if they get by him too...

Archived