Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

1 minute ago, RabidFan said:

Nice....still wouldn't mind Bowman at $5M per.  Honey Badger, and a guard would be nice. 

He turned down 9+ million a year for the Cards..  I doubt the Skins are going to pay Honey Badger anything close to 10 mil.

Can't wait for all of us to greedily count up our likely comp pick haul in a few days, get excited theres at least SOMETHING to be positive about, and then watch Bruce overpay a bunch of JAG vets in that 4-6M/year range and piss them away

11 minutes ago, carex said:

well if we draft someone at TE then I'd say he's going to be less developed than Sprinkle and I think that blocking TE is a spot without a lot of depth out there right now, so it's likely Sprinkle or no one

Well, for one, we don’t know just how good Sprinkle is as a blocker.  For two, we don’t know if any of the draftees are better (already).  Add to that a desire for a well rounded TE, and the fact that we may well need a replacement for Davis and Reed soon... I think it’s still a clear need.  

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Breeland, Grant, Murphy, Long all getting 7-8mil py deals. I can't be the only one staggered by that surely. Breeland yes, but the others....

Currently at a 3rd and 3 x 5th in the comp picks for next year, potentially.

You’re not the only one.  Was just coming on here to post that same idea. Seems as if teams have lost their minds in FA, but then I wonder if we’re just seeing a sudden shift in FA - teams are realizing the massive cap means they don’t need to stick to the ‘old’ way of doing things.  

6 minutes ago, Rocky52Mc said:

We're looking at a 3rd and (2) 5's and then something worse. Either way, this roster isn't in position to aim for non-guaranteed compensatory picks next year. They sound nice but technically the 3 is a 4, the 5's are 6's. Skins don't just need bodies,  they need capable players in major roles on defense and they lack the draft ammunition this year to fix it without making some serious acquisitions. 

Draft rounds 1, 2, and 4 cannot fix holes at LG, C, MLB, SS, RE, HB, CB, etc.

That's how I see it, too.  If you are going for the McGees, McClains then IMO who cares, take your comp picks, instead, 

But I can care less about losing a comp pick for a marquee player.  Now if they were in total rebuild mode, I'd go crazy on comp picks -- why not.  But I don't think this is a rebuild mode team.  

9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Breeland, Grant, Murphy, Long all getting 7-8mil py deals. I can't be the only one staggered by that surely. Breeland yes, but the others....

Currently at a 3rd and 3 x 5th in the comp picks for next year, potentially.

I have to admit that these deals for these players have been head scratchers.  It makes me wonder if they received bad coaching, because these FOs and coaches are seeing something that makes them willing to spend more money than I thought they were worth.

4 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Oké, no Roquan Smith then in the start probably.  Solid move if it's around 8 mil a year for 3 or 4 years. 

Paying 8M/year for an ILB who can't cover would be a mistake, even if it is nice to watch him beat RBs to the edge. Hopefully it's cheaper than that. 8M/year or a little more would have been much better spent on an impact DL

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Can't wait for all of us to greedily count up our likely comp pick haul in a few days, get excited theres at least SOMETHING to be positive about, and then watch Bruce overpay a bunch of JAG vets in that 4-6M/year range and piss them away

Good god. You must be fun on a date :)

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Or Mara will change the rules. Because Giants signed a lot of guys! 

5 minutes ago, worldpost said:

He turned down 9+ million a year for the Cards..  I doubt the Skins are going to pay Honey Badger anything close to 10 mil.

I guy can dream can't he?  and if we don't get a stud NT but go with one in the draft to go with Allen and Ionidis, we will need a secondary that can cover for more than 3 seconds. 

Brown passed the eye test for me last year. I get all the talk he can't call D's and liability in coverage...

All I watched him do is lead league in tackles until he was injured. Guy stops players in their tracks and phenomenal tackler. I love the signing. Scheme the D around his weakness and utilize his strengths

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

They haven't overpaid yet and you think they're going to get scraps for 7 py? That's the only way they'd lose those picks and those numbers are falling drastically as days go by.

Archived