Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

2 minutes ago, Garcon More Wine said:

im not upset at breeland leaving, im upset that we're counting on guys who showed very little last year to step in and start.  thats a stupid strategy unless these guys are legit ready (and nothing i saw last year made me believe they are)

the dline is a joke, thats not an argument.  dead last in run defense.  allen and ioanndiis are the only real players.  and yes we dont have an NT, and we refuse to get one.  since haslett took over in 2010 and switched to a 3-4 we've literally never had one.  i have zero hope we are gonna get one at this point, its only been 9 seasons lol.

oline depth ok ill buy that.

smith leans on run games and defenses.  thats his MO if youve followed him.  he doesnt throw TDs.  he dumps off, and doesnt turn the ball over.  and yes i know last year he randomly decided to air it out to tyreek hill a million times.  if he can duplicate that then thats good, but thats an outlier rather than a trend.  hes literally a better version of jason campbell lol.

i see no plan of action here, i see smith has a "lets show the fans we arent tanking this season so we arent laughed at for starting colt", weve made no real moves in FA (yes i know its early, but the rest of the guys are lower tier guys, and our FA class last year was frigging abysmal so i have no hope.  and we only have 6 picks, so we may be now forced to do our trademark once every 3 years where we trade back 92 times to recoup picks, and bruce/doug are morons and will screw this up.

bruce has a worst record than vinny as GM, even if you include mcloughlans years.  seriously let that sit in.  vinny was an absolute laughing stock stooge, and bruce has won less games than we did when vinny was in charge.  

I think we agree on NT and understand that needs addressed - I think you are confusing the 'smith' I am referencing as if talking about Preston being a much better player than the other 2.

as for Alex, I pointed out that getting a solid 1st/2nd down back is crucial 

IF we can lock down NT and RB, there's no reason this team can't win 10-11 games

Just now, tomwvr said:

The Front Office and Coaches all feel that with all the players placed on IR last season when they return it will help more then many people think. 
They also were hoping to resign a few of the players we lost - but would you have paid Ryan Grant 7.5 million , or 8 million to Breeland or 7 million for Trent Murphy?  

All those are over paid.

ive heard this narrative, and yes id agree the injuries cost us a few games, but our roster isnt that great.  we have little depth, i feel we have a downgrade at QB now, and we havent replaced any of the guys we let walk, and we cant just draft new guys.

again just assuming rookies from last year are gonna step in and be above average players is wishful thinking.  the only real impact guys we lost last year were allen and thompson.  mason foster is ok and i get other dudes were banged up, but the rest were nobodies that 95% of skins fans dont even know.  we lost games last year because our defense is dreadful and we have no NFL runningbacks that can carry 20+ times.  and to think alex smith can overcome these issues is beyond laughable.

14 minutes ago, Garcon More Wine said:

does everyone remember alex smith's amazing 2014 campaign, that included him not throwing a TD to a WR all season?

kirk was throwing 25 and 4100+ every year for 3 years with no run game and no defense whatsoever, and still had a winning record over 3 seasons.  smith is gonna fail miserably here (which sucks because we were actually going in the right direction, and now we are back to vinny land where im just hoping everybody gets fired and we start from scratch).

Hahhahaa all of this Alex Smith hate is funny your spewing now. Is this Kirk Cousins? I thought that we were done with this

Yes Alex is the reason that the Chiefs had no one at receiver that year, he threw plenty of TDs that year. Give me a break lol

Kirk Cousins with all of his chokes and losses in games that actually mattered sucked and wasn’t worth the contract he just signed. He is as inconsistent as they come and doesn’t have the ability to lift a team to greatness. Watch the Vikings want out from him in two years. Dude is trash and couldn’t lead a win against a 1-14 team last year when Alex Smith did. And Kirk hasn’t had a winning record QB in two seasons lol

Alex Smith took a team that had been 2-11 the previous year with that dominate defense and running game ? and led them to 11 wins the next year. 

Not even sure what you want the team to do since your all melodramatic about them not rushing out to sign players in this market and predicting your 5 win season. Why even bother to post on this forum and speak about the players like this when all your mad about is them not doing what you want? I didn’t want them to sign P_Rich and you don’t see me crying about it.

Not that your not entitled to your opinion you are just like I am to mine. The sky ain’t falling because it’s day ONE of free agency and they only signed one dude. Come on man relax lots of season to go

1 minute ago, steve09ru said:

I think we agree on NT and understand that needs addressed - I think you are confusing the 'smith' I am referencing as if talking about Preston being a much better player than the other 2.

as for Alex, I pointed out that getting a solid 1st/2nd down back is crucial 

IF we can lock down NT and RB, there's no reason this team can't win 10-11 games

we arent winning 10 or 11 games.  this site says this every year and it never happens haha.  our roster just isnt good enough to contend with some of the other big teams in the NFC.  why would we just randomly get an NT after 8 years?  we've needed one for that long and ignored it, why?

RB we agree, we need one at some point that isnt a fat bowling ball that has no burst and stones for hands.

i got you on P smith, i like him but hes just an average pass rusher.  he is not a game changer or anyone that teams scheme for.

People make the argument about the Free Agents that we've lost and are going to lose saying that we couldn't have afforded to pay them what they got on the open market anyway. This is true, BUT, a good front office locks these guys up early before they hit free agency so that they don't cost you anywhere near what they earned when they became Free Agents. This Front office has no foresight. No planning. They just fly by the seat of their pants. And it definitely shows!! 

40 minutes ago, Garcon More Wine said:

so we lose grant and pryor, and replace with richardson.  if hes healthy, ok this is fine.

breeland is gonna be replaced by someone on our roster?  so someone is magically a starting corner now?  wishful thinking.

brown and ILB replacement is unknown, and terrifying considering our dline is a joke outside of allen (who again was hurt last year)

long swapped for rouiller, ok thats fine, but we still just lost depth that we need to replace (and long was solid, nothing great but he wasnt tyler catalina bad)

galette and murphy open more reps for guys that have produced nothing, again wishful thinking.

so we save a bunch of money that nobody cares about that we arent spending, and we're banking alex smith (whos thrown more than 20 TDs twice) to lead us to a 10-6 wild card berth, with a roster that was below average last year.

you must be new here lol

your complaint here is inconsistent as hell, because you're only looking at the positive of what left, while only looking at the negative of who stayed.  For example, CB.  Dunbar has done well in spot starts due to injuries and Moreau was a highly ranked draft pick who fell due to injury.  For LB.  Murphy produced nothing for us last year, and Galette only really came on late last year, and for the season he only accounted for a third of the teams snaps

28 minutes ago, Garcon More Wine said:

check your sarcasm meter my man haha.  im well aware that our defense is bottom 5 and an absolute joke no matter what talented players we might have.

Yea our defense is trash when they were ranked 11th in the league DVOA last season ? 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/index.php?q=dvoa-ratings/2018/final-2017-dvoa-ratings

And the amazing Kirk Cousins led this offense to a DVOA ranking of 20th ? 

Its the first day of free agency and the Redskins aren’t flying jets across the country and signing everyone. Everyone freak out!!!!!!

Just now, bobandweave said:

Hahhahaa all of this Alex Smith hate is funny your spewing now. Is this Kirk Cousins? I thought that we were done with this

Yes Alex is the reason that the Chiefs had no one at receiver that year, he threw plenty of TDs that year. Give me a break lol

Kirk Cousins with all of his chokes and losses in games that actually mattered sucked and wasn’t worth the contract he just signed. He is as inconsistent as they come and doesn’t have the ability to lift a team to greatness. Watch the Vikings want out from him in two years. Dude is trash and couldn’t lead a win against a 1-14 team last year when Alex Smith did. And Kirk hasn’t had a winning record QB in two seasons lol

Alex Smith took a team that had been 2-11 the previous year with that dominate defense and running game ? and led them to 11 wins the next year. 

Not even sure what you want the team to do since your all melodramatic about them not rushing out to sign players in this market and predicting your 5 win season. Why even bother to post on this forum and speak about the players like this when all your mad about is them not doing what you want? I didn’t want them to sign P_Rich and you don’t see me crying about it.

Not that your not entitled to your opinion you are just like I am to mine. The sky ain’t falling because it’s day ONE of free agency and they only signed one dude. Come on man relax lots of season to go

kirk cousins compiled a winning record over 3 years with no run game and the worst defense we've had in probably 20 years.  

yes kirk has choked in big games.  he also has to win every game by himself, something he wont have to do in minnesota because he has an NFL defense and dalvin cook.

alex smith didnt do that.  andy reid did that.  you remember him i think, he had the eagles going 12-4 every year with donovan mcnabb lol.

im mad because we finally had a good thing with cousins and we butchered it in pure redskins fashion.  we're left with a 34 year old QB who has maybe 2 years left in his career, and i have no faith in bruce allen to fix this.  again, worse record than vinny cerrato.  not my opinion, just a blunt fact.  

ive seen enough skins seasons to know where this one is heading and its nothing to be excited about.

2 minutes ago, Garcon More Wine said:

we arent winning 10 or 11 games.  this site says this every year and it never happens haha.  our roster just isnt good enough to contend with some of the other big teams in the NFC.  why would we just randomly get an NT after 8 years?  we've needed one for that long and ignored it, why?

RB we agree, we need one at some point that isnt a fat bowling ball that has no burst and stones for hands.

i got you on P smith, i like him but hes just an average pass rusher.  he is not a game changer or anyone that teams scheme for.

Agree to disagree but smith was a very good player who was not just average if you watched any games.  He was all over the edge and flat against the run and got great pressure on the pass

5 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

People make the argument about the Free Agents that we've lost and are going to lose saying that we couldn't have afforded to pay them what they got on the open market anyway. This is true, BUT, a good front office locks these guys up early before they hit free agency so that they don't cost you anywhere near what they earned when they became Free Agents. This Front office has no foresight. No planning. They just fly by the seat of their pants. And it definitely shows!! 

you're overlooking the possibilty that we were cool with losing these guys to start with

This thread is getting off topic.....

For those of us that use this thread to get updated on the free agency news, sifting through all the random thoughts makes it difficult. Can we please keep it to FA news. Random thoughts, and temper tantrums about our FO have their own threads. Thanks HTTR!

3 minutes ago, Garcon More Wine said:

I agree.  I got the skins at 6-7 wins.  Our roster is bland and we have 20 million in space.  Great job FO.  Phenomenal....  

This 3-4 obsession is dumb.  A 4-3 puts Kerrigan as an end and Smith.  Who I agree is average, good player though,  advanced stats may say some crap, but Ive seen how those work the NBA and they are not worth looking at in most cases.  

I got a feeling they will find the most average back in the 2nd round.  Probably an injury prone guy.  

1 minute ago, Garcon More Wine said:

kirk cousins compiled a winning record over 3 years with no run game and the worst defense we've had in probably 20 years.  

yes kirk has choked in big games.  he also has to win every game by himself, something he wont have to do in minnesota because he has an NFL defense and dalvin cook.

alex smith didnt do that.  andy reid did that.  you remember him i think, he had the eagles going 12-4 every year with donovan mcnabb lol.

im mad because we finally had a good thing with cousins and we butchered it in pure redskins fashion.  we're left with a 34 year old QB who has maybe 2 years left in his career, and i have no faith in bruce allen to fix this.  again, worse record than vinny cerrato.  not my opinion, just a blunt fact.  

ive seen enough skins seasons to know where this one is heading and its nothing to be excited about.

Don’t argue with clowns (that guy really thinks Kirk is “Trash” LOL)I’ve learned , yes I remember smith not throwing a td to a we till week 10, he’s not Kirk not even close to it but he’s not bad either we got a solid 12-15ish qb I think Gruden will be able to produce with him

2 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Yea our defense is trash when they were ranked 11th in the league DVOA last season ? 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/index.php?q=dvoa-ratings/2018/final-2017-dvoa-ratings

i love advanced metrics but im not buying some of that stuff.  calling cleveland "the unluckiest team ever" is insane lol.  to call our offense 20th in DVOA and our defense in 11th is absolute lunacy lol

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Actually I would have easily paid Breeland 8M and only 11 guaranteed.  If only they didn’t have Josh’s 15M on the books.

I liked breeland and wouldn't mind him at that but to your point we're stuck with normans contract which is to my point that we can't overpay players because it hinders the future.  And that Norman contract wasn't Bruce either just since I know you aren't a fan :)

25 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

IAccording to your article it says only a very small deduction goes for playing time and post season awards. The Cowboys last season lost six players and signed one and got four picks and none of those guys were expensive or very good. Point is if you research this more there are plenty of websites out there with articles about compensatory picks that don’t cite references from before 2011 as its main source. 

Bottom line, if a team losses more players then it signs in free agency they will get picks for the losses. So far the Redskins have signed one, and lost five. Traded players don’t count against this formula. So they are in line to get free picks next year no doubt.

That changes as soon as Bruce starts up with his tendency to sign garbage players so they are best suited to resign the guys they had last year then to go after the players who are still out there imo 

It's not MY article. I provided a link so you could see for yourself it's not that simple as a courtesy not to argue with you. It appeared you were not aware. More importantly they really do not actually know since the formula has never been released - but again it's just not that simple as plus minus. That's all I was saying.

The real point is it's so early there is really no reason to even bring up comp picks - not to mention they will be for 2019.

3 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

This thread is getting off topic.....

For those of us that use this thread to get updated on the free agency new, sifting through all the random thoughts makes it difficult. Can we please keep it to FA news. Random thoughts, and temper tantrums about our FO have their own threads. Thanks HTTR!

This.

Thank you. :)

1 minute ago, mudpig said:

I agree.  I got the skins at 6-7 wins.  Our roster is bland and we have 20 million in space.  Great job FO.  Phenomenal....  

This 3-4 obsession is dumb.  A 4-3 puts Kerrigan as an end and Smith.  Who I agree is average, good player though,  advanced stats may say some crap, but Ive seen how those work the NBA and they are not worth looking at in most cases.  

I got a feeling they will find the most average back in the 2nd round.  Probably an injury prone guy.  

my only conspiracy here is that because smiths deal is structured the way it is, we can get out with 55 mil after next year.  he gets 17, leaving 38, if we have a ton of cap space that can roll over, i think we can basically buy him out to get him out of here, and start over with new coach, FO, and QB.  i get thats tinfoil hat stuff but the way his deal is structured it makes it look like this (because it becomes 71 guaranteed on league year day 1 next season).

back to FA news:

can we please sign DRC so we can try and replace losing fuller.  not that im ok with replacing a 24 year old stuff with a 32 year old clown, but hey, we dont have much choice here lol.

3 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

I am fine with how things are going.  If the price of a nose tackle goes down in the next few weeks, we sign Brown, cb in first, guard in 2nd. Rb in 4th 5th and 6th and pray real hard for their success, aren't we set?

runningback needs to be round 1 or 2.  weve neglected that position ever since portis left (sans 2 years with morris) and its time we had a good one.  NFL is switching back to more run heavy these past years and itll help take some of the pressure off smith.  no more 4/5th round gambles.  lets get a guy in here that can scare teams.   agreed on NT and CB after that (was hoping we'd get colvin, TJ carrie, or honey badger, but looks unlikely).

19 minutes ago, Garcon More Wine said:

im not upset at breeland leaving, im upset that we're counting on guys who showed very little last year to step in and start.  thats a stupid strategy unless these guys are legit ready (and nothing i saw last year made me believe they are)

the dline is a joke, thats not an argument.  dead last in run defense.  allen and ioanndiis are the only real players.  and yes we dont have an NT, and we refuse to get one.  since haslett took over in 2010 and switched to a 3-4 we've literally never had one.  i have zero hope we are gonna get one at this point, its only been 9 seasons lol.

oline depth ok ill buy that.

smith leans on run games and defenses.  thats his MO if youve followed him.  he doesnt throw TDs.  he dumps off, and doesnt turn the ball over.  and yes i know last year he randomly decided to air it out to tyreek hill a million times.  if he can duplicate that then thats good, but thats an outlier rather than a trend.  hes literally a better version of jason campbell lol.

i see no plan of action here, i see smith has a "lets show the fans we arent tanking this season so we arent laughed at for starting colt", weve made no real moves in FA (yes i know its early, but the rest of the guys are lower tier guys, and our FA class last year was frigging abysmal so i have no hope.  and we only have 6 picks, so we may be now forced to do our trademark once every 3 years where we trade back 92 times to recoup picks, and bruce/doug are morons and will screw this up.

bruce has a worst record than vinny as GM, even if you include mcloughlans years.  seriously let that sit in.  vinny was an absolute laughing stock stooge, and bruce has won less games than we did when vinny was in charge.  

Wait so in the first season I can recall seeing so many players heading to other teams you actually believe that they can’t draft either?

Ryan Grant 5th round pick in 2014

Trent Murphy 2nd round pick in 2014

Spencer Long 3rd round pick in 2014

Breeland 4th round pick in 2014

Dont give me that Scott stuff he wasn’t here making those picks. The idea they can’t draft is wrong. The NFL shows us all they can, which is why we should all want more picks lol

1 minute ago, bobandweave said:

Wait so in the first season I can recall seeing so many players heading to other teams you actually believe that they can’t draft either?

Ryan Grant 5th round pick in 2014

Trent Murphy 2nd round pick in 2014

Spencer Long 3rd round pick in 2014

Breeland 4th round pick in 2014

Dont give me that Scott stuff he wasn’t here making those picks. The idea they can’t draft is wrong. The NFL shows us all they can, which is why we should all want more picks lol

last reply on this, but im not upset any of them are leaving, theyre all mediocre players that got mediocre+ contracts and are support guys.  and now none of them are on the team so what help is that?  and no, pointing to 4 guys that played ok in the NFL doesnt give me confidence that bruce can do his job well.  we can agree to disagree there lol.

19 minutes ago, Garcon More Wine said:

Preston Smith had more QB pressures per snap ran then any other pass rusher in the entire league last season. Okay I’m gonna just stop I can’t help you but as a fan the things your posting just fly into the face of can’t draft (Preston smith 2015 draft pick) 

Just now, Garcon More Wine said:

last reply on this, but im not upset any of them are leaving, theyre all mediocre players that got mediocre+ contracts and are support guys.  and now none of them are on the team so what help is that?  and no, pointing to 4 guys that played ok in the NFL doesnt give me confidence that bruce can do his job well.  we can agree to disagree there lol.

Mediocre players who get an average per year deal over 7 million bucks? Did the NFL teams just go mental and become a charity case? 

Archived