Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders vs. The Giants - A Giant Opportunity!

zCommander

At this point Harris needs to fire Rivera and Del Taco. Either tonight, or tomorrow morning.  And then roll the dice with EB, as interim HC. We have nothing to lose. Personally, I would like to see what he does.  This game ranks in the top #3 for me personally, in terms of steaming, putrid piles of **** that this franchise has put on a field.

I was watching the game with my brother who just came into town, surrounded by Giants fans who were actually pissed that they won.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

It would appear Harris has to do something now or he starts to take some accountability for this mess. DO IT NOW!

nope. This is still Snyder’s mess. He names an interim as if that’s gonna matter, and all of a sudden he sticks his clean fingers in this **** stew for no reason. Just let them bleed out and move on after the season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

I mean whoever is decent and available that plays Guard and Tackle, take a look at them. I mean anyone. If there’s some Hogs that can still go? Check them out. 

Not looking to win anymore games just want to protect Sam Howell the rest of the way. I’m sorry Gibson. You’re  not the only player who can’t hold onto the ball.

Just now, MartinC said:

Do what? There is no one on this staff who can take over as interim. You can’t fire the entire defensive staff.

I might fire Del Rio but that’s just a token at this point. 

Only reason to fire Ron is to get an early start on the GM and HC process I guess.

At this point, does it matter? Heck make Tavita or Randy Jordan the HC and Steve Russ the DC

• Haha 1

Just now, MartinC said:

Do what? There is no one on this staff who can take over as interim. You can’t fire the entire defensive staff.

I might fire Del Rio but that’s just a token at this point. 

Only reason to fire Ron is to get an early start on the GM and HC process I guess.

I mean they could go the Indy route and just hire Kerrigan to take it over. **** it, why not? Then again, he’s more qualified than Saturday. So we may need to go and get LaVar Arrington to do it.

• Like 1

We had fourteen drives. Fourteen fumbling, bumbling, incompetent, embarrassing drives.

1: Interception

2: Fumble

3: Field Goal

4: Punt

5: Punt

6: Touchdown (missed PAT)

7: End of half

8: Fumble

9: Field Goal

10: Fumble

11: Interception

12: Touchdown

13: Interception

14: End of game

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, Redd said:

I mean whoever is decent and available that plays Guard and Tackle, take a look at them. I mean anyone. If there’s some Hogs that can still go? Check them out. 

Not looking to win anymore games just want to protect Sam Howell the rest of the way. I’m sorry Gibson. You’re  not the only player who can’t hold onto the ball.

Ron won't he thinks he did a good job building the line

Just now, London Kev said:

We had fourteen drives. Fourteen fumbling, bumbling, incompetent, embarrassing drives.

1: Interception

2: Fumble

3: Field Goal

4: Punt

5: Punt

6: Touchdown (missed PAT)

7: End of half

8: Fumble

9: Field Goal

10: Fumble

11: Interception

12: Touchdown

13: Interception

14: End of game

Yeah, but did you see that 23 yard run by Gore at the very end of the game?

Nasty.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I mean they could go the Indy route and just hire Kerrigan to take it over. **** it, why not? Then again, he’s more qualified than Saturday. So we may need to go and get LaVar Arrington to do it.

Unleash the Sex Dragon. Bring in Rex “**** it - I’m going deep!” Grossman as HC. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

Those candidates don’t realistically exist. Any qualified, and coveted potential GM, is most certainly, already employed- and probably not available.

The two options you have, is to overly incentivize a qualified GM( with exorbitant amounts of money, because otherwise they’re already comfortably employed) Or: take a flyer on someone that “might”possess some talent, and is available( like a Scot McCloughan, who was available for a reason, due to some personal issues). And the latter model, doesn’t have a high success rate, as we found out.

Options are limited, unfortunately 

huh? I’m talking about doing what everyone else does. A “qualified and coveted GM candidate” is what I said. That’s a current Assistant GM, a VP of Player Personnel, a Director of College Scouting. Whatever. Someone qualified and pedigreed who has spent time around the best GM’s and hasn’t yet had the chance to be the #1 in an organization. The same pool of guys every other team starting over every offseason interviews and looks to hire. 

Yeah, you don’t always choose right. There is no such thing as a sure thing. I’m talking about just having a NORMAL interviewing and hiring process like other franchises. The teams that successfully turn it around and rebuild from futility into competitiveness, that’s what they do. That’s what we’ve never done in my lifetime.