Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders vs. The Giants - A Giant Opportunity!

zCommander

F_P1JZKXcAAe8bP?format=jpg&name=large

Washington Commanders Injury Report

Player Pos. Injury Status
Antonio Gibson RB Toe Doubtful
Curtis Samuel WR Toe Limited Participation In Practice
Tyler Larsen C NIR - Personal Did Not Participate In Practice
Kendall Fuller CB NIR - Rest Did Not Participate In Practice
Jonathan Allen DT NIR - Rest Did Not Participate In Practice
James Smith-Williams DE Hamstring Out
Benjamin St-Juste CB Illness Did Not Participate In Practice
Alex Armah RB Hamstring Out

New York Giants Injury Report

Player Pos. Injury Status
Saquon Barkley RB Ankle Limited Participation In Practice
Deon Jackson RB Concussion Full Participation In Practice
Evan Neal OT Ankle Out
Bobby Okereke LB Hip Did Not Participate In Practice
Bobby McCain S Illness Questionable
Adoree' Jackson CB Concussion Out
Cordale Flott CB Shoulder Limited Participation In Practice
Andrew Thomas OT Knee Questionable
Azeez Ojulari OLB Ankle Limited Participation In Practice
Kayvon Thibodeaux OLB Concussion Did Not Participate In Practice
Jason Pinnock S Thumb Limited Participation In Practice
Xavier McKinney S Rib Limited Participation In Practice
Wan'Dale Robinson WR Knee Limited Participation In Practice
Tommy DeVito QB Shoulder Limited Participation In Practice
Deonte Banks CB Ankle Limited Participation In Practice
Jalin Hyatt WR Concussion Did Not Participate In Practice

Inactives list see below...

:pint::cheers:

GiantsSuck.gif.2399b58918d2f49d72acdf3ed36972f4.gif

Edited by zCommander
  • Thanks 2

Going to be fascinating to see our offensive adjustments against the Giants D. EB was out coached in the last game.

Giants run almost all C1 or C3. So single high MOF closed. Should be opportunities outside in single.

But Martindale brings extra rushers more than any other DC in the league. 

I’m looking for quick game, screens outside zone run game and some fades against that single high look.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Going to be fascinating to see our offensive adjustments against the Giants D. EB was out coached in the last game.

Giants run almost all C1 or C3. So single high MOF closed. Should be opportunities outside in single.

But Martindale brings extra rushers more than any other DC in the league. 

I’m looking for quick game, screens outside zone run game and some fades against that single high look.

I wouldn't mind if they just lined up under center a few times and ran straight behind Paul, Larsen and Cosmi.  Just maul them straight ahead a few times.  We don't do that.  It's a nit I have to pick.  We should do it. I would say "we should do it more" but since we don't do it at all, we can't do it more.  

Especially if they're playing C3 or some version of off-coverage.  Robinson should be able to smash ahead for 4-6 yards a few times with that.  Do it early, it might loosen up some outside stuff also.  

4 minutes ago, Tom [Giants fan] said:

Good luck today!  No injuries for the Giants would be a win.

Been a hell of a season for you guys. Crushing injuries but Jones was looking bad even before the injuries started. 

Still wouldn’t put it past you beating us today. Giants seem to tend to have our number.

24 minutes ago, MartinC said:

No Gibson. Not a surprise but he’s been a big part of the passing game. Rodriquez should get carries today, be interesting to see what we do on 3rd downs.

Will be interesting to see how pass-protection holds up without Gibson also.  He's probably their best blocker, and can pick up blitzers, which Wink likes to send.  

Robinson is "ok" at it, and Rodriguez is a rookie. 

This makes me a little nervous about protection. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I wouldn't mind if they just lined up under center a few times and ran straight behind Paul, Larsen and Cosmi.  Just maul them straight ahead a few times.  We don't do that.  It's a nit I have to pick.  We should do it. I would say "we should do it more" but since we don't do it at all, we can't do it more.  

Especially if they're playing C3 or some version of off-coverage.  Robinson should be able to smash ahead for 4-6 yards a few times with that.  Do it early, it might loosen up some outside stuff also.  

They play C3 about a third of snaps but are in C1 high 20 percent as well. So they disguise C1/C3 and blitz off that. 

They are touch up run on up the middle, I’d go off tackle. I do agree about more runs from under centre if only to set up some play action when we get Sam on the run off that. 

7 minutes ago, Tom [Giants fan] said:

Good luck today!  No injuries for the Giants would be a win.

Good to hear from you.  

One of the classiest opposing fans we have in our midst.  Good luck, always root for no injuries. 

Just now, MartinC said:

They play C3 about a third of snaps but are in C1 high 20 percent as well. So they disguise C1/C3 and blitz off that. 

They are touch up run on up the middle, I’d go off tackle. I do agree about more runs from under centre if only to set up some play action when we get Sam on the run off that. 

Yes, they are tough up the middle, but ... I think we can get some yards there.  Also because I think the 3 guys in the center are bigger and better at going straight ahead than side to side. 

Hell, try it a few times, if it doesn't work, eh, the other outside stuff hasn't worked in the first half either.  So, what do you have to lose?

• Thumb up 1