Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders vs. The Giants - A Giant Opportunity!

zCommander

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Eventually, inaction from Harris may lead to players losing confidence in him. Its growing to be more than lack of confidence in Ron at this point.  Harris was the cavalry we all reveled here to save the day. That starts with cleaning house.  The house is dirty af with snyders crap still smeared all over the place.

If Ron isn't fired by this weekend Harris has completely punted on the entire season, other than trading away 2 soon to be overpaid players.  I get it, many say can't just willy nilly name a coach. But you can willy nilly just ****ing do it and name an assistant interim thats probably going to get axed anyways. Lets hand the keys to Ernie Zampese and just ****ing deal with it. Stop terrible coaches one foot out the door from creating any more dysfunction.

"It's time for someone to put their foot down, and that foot is me. " - Josh Harris, 25th November 1963.

I honestly think you could go either path and it would be okay.

Either you keep Ron's crew through the rest of the season and give yourself more time to evaluate what your next steps are, particularly if you feel that the options are outside of the building. If you know that the head coach that you're going to have is in a different organization, and he will bring in his own people, you don't need to give EB a look as a head coach.

But letting go of a coach is a great tool to assess the players. They would still be some games left to play and you can see who progresses and steps up knowing that there is an organizational shift and they are playing for future bosses. 

And at the same time, you may have a better impression of who is working best by keeping the existing staff and seeing who continues to work to the end knowing it is all for naught.

• Like 1