Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders vs. The Giants - A Giant Opportunity!

zCommander

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

Do what? There is no one on this staff who can take over as interim. You can’t fire the entire defensive staff.

I might fire Del Rio but that’s just a token at this point. 

Only reason to fire Ron is to get an early start on the GM and HC process I guess.

At this point Jeff Saturday could do a better job.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Conn said:

nope. This is still Snyder’s mess. He names an interim as if that’s gonna matter, and all of a sudden he sticks his clean fingers in this **** stew for no reason. Just let them bleed out and move on after the season. 

Agreed its Snyders mess but would you leave dog **** on your carpet for two months if you had an oppertunity to clean it now? This is getting embarrassing to see new records of futility achieved every week. Look what Pierce did for Oakland so far. Someone mentioned Kerrigan, maybe it was KDawg, why not something like that? Settling for the unacceptable is not acceptable.

Edited by rumplestilskin
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Were 2-7 after a 2-0 start. Havent won a home game since the opener. 

And the scary thing is we’re healthy. Its not like our best players have been out. Not one of our premier players has missed a game(except Young at the time in the opener). 

How can you say that when Darrick Forrest, Saahdiq Charles, and Dax Milne are all on IR?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

Yeah I get it, only so much he can say though. Nothing he says at this point going to satisfy the fan base. Reality is we, as a fan base, are stuck with this **** until after the final game. It's frustrating as he'll but unfortunately that's where we are it.

It’s not about satisfying the fan base or even saying all that much.  But you should at minimum be visibly devastated/upset just from a pride perspective.

51 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I think he knows he's done here in Washington, and is just riding the schedule out.

Agreed, but have some pride and dignity.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

He's not a complete idiot. At this point, he must know he's toast. He may have already been told they're going to be moving in a different direction. Either way, it's pretty obvious he's done here, and wholesale change is on the horizon.

I'm not surprised he doesn't seem to give a ****. He's probably going to ride off into retirement and enjoy his mega millions. If I were him, I wouldn't have a care in the world either.

Money can’t buy pride and dignity though.  Perhaps he’s convinced himself that it’s not his fault and made peace with it, but damn man - he appears to literally not care one iota that the team he’s responsible for building gets wrecked by the dregs of the league.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s not about satisfying the fan base or even saying all that much.  But you should at minimum be visibly devastated/upset just from a pride perspective.

I had a Giants fan, really loud sitting behind me and he was baiting some Washington fans besides him.   He made two points that stuck with me.

A.  He wanted to lose.  Caleb sweapstakes.  Yet couldn't believe how inept Washington was and that the Giants were winning.

B.  He baited the Washington fans saying you guys have Ron Rivera running your franchise -- he was saying it as a punchline and for me hearing it from another fan base felt like a good punchline against us

I got no doubt that Ron is a goner.  But him capping off his tenure like this where he comes off disinterested and checked out IMO will ruin a decent legacy he's earned previousy for dealing with dysfunction under Dan.  He's coming off Zorn like in his last year.  And I am not a fan of the checking out approach, I expected Ron would show more professional pride than he has.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

If the new GM wants someone else in the draft he should have the right to get him.

Just dont force any player on the new regime.

For sure. But I think any new GM will watch the film on Howell, look at all the other needs and think QB is not that high on the ‘must be fixed’ list. 

I will say that if we were picking top 3 that calculation might change. I don’t think we will be though. 

The way Daniels and Penix and heck even Nix are playing, it wouldn't shock me if 4 out of the 5 first round picks are QBs.  I didn't feel that way weeks back.

As much as we need a LT, if Marvin Harrison JR. is starring at us at our pick, its incredibly tempting especially considering the top 2nd round picks would be high picks in a draft that's looking deep at tackle or you can package them to trade up.

I love Bowers, too.  But Harrison in particular is a rare can't miss WR. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I had a Giants fan, really loud sitting behind me and he was baiting some Washington fans besides him.   He made two points that stuck with me.

A.  He wanted to lose.  Caleb sweapstakes.  Yet couldn't believe how inept Washington was and that the Giants were winning.

B.  He baited the Washington fans saying you guy have Ron Rivera running your franchise -- he was saying it as a punchline and for me hearing it from another fan base felt like a good punchline against us

I got no doubt that Ron is a goner.  But him capping off his tenure like this where he comes off disinterested and checked out IMO will ruin a decent legacy he's earned previousy for dealing with dysfunction under Dan.  He's coming off Zorn like in his last year.  And I am not a fan of the checking out approach, I expected Ron would show more professional pride than he has.

Black dude with big shades, LT jersey, and Peter Pan shoes?

He was heckling everyone on the way out with the exact comments about Caleb, etc.  He got too close to me when pretending to be Sam holding the ball too long and fell over a curb.  Best part of the day by a mile.

And yeah, Ron is dead to me.  I don’t want to hear anything about how he fixed the culture.  He’s ruined any bit of goodwill he had built up over the last 12 months.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Black dude with big shades, LT jersey, and Peter Pan shoes?

He was rubbing everyone on the way out with the exact comments about Caleb, etc.  He got too close to me when pretending to be Sam holding the ball too long and fell over a curb.  Best part of the day by a mile.

And yeah, Ron is dead to me.  I don’t want to hear anything about how he fixed the culture.  He’s ruined any bit of goodwill he had built up over the last 12 months.

Nope, he was a white dude. he was in row 18 section 101

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Maybe he doubles down this week about send him his SB ring next year.

I actually think he's leapfogged I noticed with some Jay as a punchline HC.  Jay for his faults has some endearing qualities -- he's funny and self effacing.  Ron comes off cartoonish to me this off season through the season where he has made himself a walking-talking punchline.  Feels almost Bruce Allenish.   I didn't expect Ron to nosedive like this but he's nosediving IMO big time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Nope, he was a white dude. he was in row 18 section 101

Trashy Giant fans are everywhere. They Suck

He was right, Rivera is a punch line...sad and tough to see him run this team until the end of the season.

Ron and his ill-prepared staff/team are making a mockery of this team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shakinaiken said:

I agree with the concept, in theory. However, most GM's hire coaches and people that they have a relationship with- despite how successful, those coaches and front office individuals have been. It also goes the other way: coaches hired at a new organization, often bring in people they're familiar with( despite the track record of said people). The takeaway? crapshoot.

I'm not convinced this "model" is really that successful.  However, it is certainly worth a try, for the Commanders organization.

Our previous model's haven't worked, despite having HOF pedigree coaches(Gibbs, Shannahan) and young, talented coaches( Sean McVay, K Shannahan, Mike McDaniels, Matt Lefluer)

I know Snyder receives a lot of disdain(well earned), but it is hilarious how many quality coaches he brought in, to the organization. Incredible. 

It's literally the most consistently successfulk model for football organizations there is. Nothing is an absolute so of course it does not work out all the time. That is not the model's fault it is the people in it. Where as the alternative modles have an abysmal record. It kind of baffles me that you owuld say you are not if it works when again it's leiterally the most successful model. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  Sheehan has been back and forth about Howell so I don't care about his take on that.  But I did care about Rivera because Sheehan is plugged in

It's amusing that Jay is trolling Ron. 

I did not take it as him trolling Ron as much as comisrating with him. It's not exactly a secret Ron is gone at the end of the year, and he should be./ But while he has certainly made it easier, the organizational structure and being Dan.s team has made it way worse. 

Not directled at anyone, more a general statement: 

As for if they keep Sam or not, I will support whatever direction the new regime goes. I would find it a bit dissapointing if they did not even look hard at Sam even if they get rid of EB (which I think they almost have to and I am one of the few who like him). But it is what it is. As long as they have a plan and it's solid plan. 

Again we need a GM who hires a HC. Thise two work together to build the vision of the team and implement it. Sam has so many positives traits. And yea he makes  few bonehead decisions here and there but the facts is even the best QB's do. They are in fact human. 

I do not want to see EB as HC. He may develop but he needs a few years as OC. A new HC is unlikely to want to keep EB as OC preferring to clean house. But we will see. 

As bad as it was today (I think I finally hate NY more than dallast!) at least no tension the rest of the season. We will win a few games but mostly lose. And then the first offseason under Harris will begin.