Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders vs. The Giants - A Giant Opportunity!

zCommander

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I flew up to watch the debacle last season against the eagles and the browns game. Now this 

So this is very much on you then!!

Seriously I can’t imagine how it must feel to have spent the time and money to travel to watch that.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Am I the only one who doesn’t care who gets blamed for the last INT? It literally doesn’t matter. The game was lost much earlier than the last drive. That was just the cherry on top for the loss. We got beat down. Why obsess over the last play? How about not spiking the play prior and having to use our final timeout on a false start?

I bet Sam doesn’t force that downfield there if we have a timeout. I may be wrong.

Ya, awful throw.

I just don’t care. The fame was over already.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

I’m talking about actually hiring a qualified, coveted, already-employed GM candidate lol and letting them build the team with their chosen HC and staff. Like a regular team. We’ve never done it in the modern era. 

Those candidates don’t realistically exist. Any qualified, and coveted potential GM, is most certainly, already employed- and probably not available.

The two options you have, is to overly incentivize a qualified GM( with exorbitant amounts of money, because otherwise they’re already comfortably employed) Or: take a flyer on someone that “might”possess some talent, and is available( like a Scot McCloughan, who was available for a reason, due to some personal issues). And the latter model, doesn’t have a high success rate, as we found out.

Options are limited, unfortunately 

I’ve dutifully watched the skins since the game after ST was murdered. The fog of time may play into this, but this feels like the worse team we have had in nearly two decades. 

The team building and drafting of 2nd and third rounders in the first round has made us look worse then a top ten college team.

fire ron and del rio now. The Ron experiment is over. All he managed to do is craft a team that makes me yearn for Gruden and mediocrity. Del rio reminds me of  adjunct community college professors  I’ve had that just show up for a paycheck.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I still think RR and JDR will not be fired until after the season. Harris knows what he has and I have no doubt he has a plan in place.

I would have agreed with you two weeks ago. But after these past two losses I cant really see why you would keep them onboard. If you want to tank fire everyone. 

1 minute ago, rumplestilskin said:

It would appear Harris has to do something now or he starts to take some accountability for this mess. DO IT NOW!

Do what? There is no one on this staff who can take over as interim. You can’t fire the entire defensive staff.

I might fire Del Rio but that’s just a token at this point. 

Only reason to fire Ron is to get an early start on the GM and HC process I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

This has to be rock bottom, right?

I don't think so. Every game like this ensures that we clean house. And it also shows that these old guys don't have a clue how the modern NFL works. While it sucks this year, I think it's beneficial going forward. Get some good draft position for the new GM and start fresh.

If it was still Snyder, it would definitely be rock bottom. But the best thing in over 25 years has happened to this franchise a couple of months ago. Cannot be rock bottom right now.

• Like 1