Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at New Jersey ~ Moxie Blinders Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

973072700_ScreenShot2022-12-04at4_31_42PM.thumb.png.19a6e3e0e6511360c4c85258c2975af0.png

2 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

The run to Robinson on I think second down in OT was just a horrendous call. The Giants were playing that COMPLETELY. Ran him right into a brick wall. Don't know if Heinicke has the authority to audible there, but a play action would've been a huge gainer. Both teams were horrible in OT. 

Or another sack. 

After watching Taylor almost throw an INT that loses the game (where Terry miraculously snags it), the staff was right to take the ball out of Taylor's hands.  The stats may say he had a good game, but Taylor was horrendous today.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Theres zero trust in Taylor and for good reason. Hes abysmal. He was beyond lucky today for the umpteenth time. Had like 4-5 dropped INTs. 

Did I say otherwise? No. I didn’t. But our coaches continue to play him. As they should have on the win streak. Our coaches are going away from what works. Our coaches flubbed clock management. 

Our OL is terrible and Heinicke is, at best, limited. But I don’t blame him for the BS in the OT. That was terrible and I’m actually frustrated by it. I haven’t gotten frustrated by this team in years.

• Like 2

All things considered, a tie is a great result for us. We were down 7 in the 4th quarter. We had multiple injuries going into the game and suffered multiple during the game, while the Giants were healthy and coming off extra rest. And the rematch is at home in two weeks after we get our bye where we'll be more prepared for their bltizes and should be healthier up front. 

Lets go Rams.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Do you blame him, though? On the final 2 drives before OT Heinicke almost threw at least 3 INTs. 2 of them were literally dropped. He was spazzing and Turner didn't trust him to not throw a back breaking pick.

Taylors inability to get the ball down the field

and make plays in the red zone no doubt limits this offense.

Ladt year he would use his legs to add a dimension especially in the red zone but alas those days seem to be gone 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Conn said:

That’s a Rivera call imo, OC doesn’t have that power on most teams when it concerns game situation strategy like that. 

They got what they wanted, conceded the tie 

That’s what I was thinking.

Riverboat Ron standing on 16 against a dealer showing 10 now.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Do you blame him, though? On the final 2 drives before OT Heinicke almost threw at least 3 INTs. 2 of them were literally dropped. He was spazzing and Turner didn't trust him to not throw a back breaking pick.

there were other options in the playbook other than the same runs that had no opportunity to succeed

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

After watching Taylor almost throw an INT that loses the game (where Terry miraculously snags it), the staff was right to take the ball out of Taylor's hands.  The stats may say he had a good game, but Taylor was horrendous today.   

TH basically had 2 good drives all day. The first, and the one to tie it. That's one of the biggest issues with Heinicke: you can never count on him for a whole game. He'll be awful for 90% of it and then have some miracle play that keeps him in it near the end. You're just not going to be able to beat good teams with that sort of production.

We had no business winning that game, so we should actually be ok with a tie.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

That coaching was cowardly but Heinicke tried to give that game away a half dozen times down the stretch, they were terrified of him and coaching completely around him. I don’t know how they don’t bench him with two weeks to prepare, but they won’t. I get it, Wentz looked bad when the OL was bad and the OL is currently bad. But damn these coaches are terrified of Heinicke. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

I think we were teetering on the edge of going back to Wentz before that game tying TD drive. Would be stunned if Ron makes the switch now

I wrote the same thing. That drive saved any thought of reverting back to Wentz. Taylor really pulls those lucky horseshoes out of his ass.

Just now, Conn said:

That coaching was cowardly but Heinicke tried to give that game away a half dozen times down the stretch, they were terrified of him and coaching completely around him. I don’t know how they don’t bench him with two weeks to prepare, but they won’t. I get it, Wentz looked bad when the OL was bad and the OL is currently bad. But damn these coaches are terrified of Heinicke. 

I'm still looking at the uniforms and trying to figure out where the **** Heinicke is hiding that horseshoe. Actually, he must have at least 2 or 3 of them on him somewhere. I've never seen a guy have so many INTs dropped.

• Like 2