Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at New Jersey ~ Moxie Blinders Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

973072700_ScreenShot2022-12-04at4_31_42PM.thumb.png.19a6e3e0e6511360c4c85258c2975af0.png

Just now, BleedBNG said:

At least we could be thankful for one thing. Riverboat Ron didn't go for the 2 pointer

He addressed this in the postgame and his logic was actually pretty good. Said there was still a lot of time(around 1:40 IIRC, and all 3 timeouts)so it made sense to kick the XP and then try to get a stop and get the ball back to win it.

If there was like 15 seconds left no timeouts then you consider going for 2 and the win. But I do think with all our OL injuries, more consideration could have went for going for 2 and the win. You don't wanna extend the game when you're losing bodies.

• Like 3

Just now, BleedBNG said:

At least we could be thankful for one thing. Riverboat Ron didn't go for the 2 pointer

His explanation made a lot of sense.  With timeouts and time left they could get the ball back.  Giants play calling was wack there.  If they don’t have the ST penalty, they have a great shot at the FG.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

We may have actually won if we’d displayed any balls at that point in the game, so who knows if that’s something to be thankful for. I do appreciate Rivera’s logic and think it’s likely the Giants play differently and make different decisions if they’re playing from behind there rather than playing while tied. So it probably doesn’t end differently 

Edited by Conn

1 minute ago, Conn said:

We may have actually won if we’d displayed any balls at that point in the game, so who knows if that’s something to be thankful for. 

We didn’t have a play call dialed up to work when we had the ball inside the five on the first drive.  I’m sure they don’t like their 2pt options.

I’m for keeping Heinicke in over Wentz, but they looked much better in goal to go situations with Wentz and Dotson.

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

We didn’t have a play call dialed up to work when we had the ball inside the five on the first drive.  I’m sure they don’t like their 2pt options.

I’m for keeping Heinicke in over Wentz, but they looked much better in goal to go situations with Wentz and Dotson.

Wentz lost a game on 3 bad throws in the 5 ending with an int. It feels like  Almost all our tds are fr when we are not in the redzone 

• Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, Conn said:

Like he sucks but this is the sort of **** that’s hard for the coaches to overlook to bench him. Last time Wentz played he looked awful and hadn’t won the locker room to his side 

Last time Wentz played he threw a lead block on a run play and completely decked a Bears defender.  I rarely if ever see a QB do that, it was noted by his teammates.

Fine, it's hard to bench Taylor, but I'm no more convinced Wentz completely lost the locker room anymore then I am everyone is all in right now with Taylor as the starter.

If coaches aren't 100% committed to Taylor it's reasonable to suspect the same among 50+ other grown men in the locker room.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Defense basically pitched a shutout in the 2nd half + OT considering the only TD came off a super short field because of the fumble.

The Giants didn't even cross our 40 yard line the entire 2nd half + OT outside of that fumble aided drive.

They also did it without Sweat for a lot of the second half.  Hopefully he’s back in two weeks with young and St Juice.

8 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

They also did it without Sweat for a lot of the second half.  Hopefully he’s back in two weeks with young and St Juice.

Sweat was killing us today when he was in, multiple times he didn’t keep contain on Jones and kept drives alive, it was bad 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2