Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at New Jersey ~ Moxie Blinders Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

973072700_ScreenShot2022-12-04at4_31_42PM.thumb.png.19a6e3e0e6511360c4c85258c2975af0.png

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Is this about whether we get the 7 seed over the Seahawks, even though the Seahawks won? 

yes

Is this about whether we get the 7 seed over the Seahawks, even though the Seahawks won? 

yes

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Interesting. In the standings, a tie is half a win and half a loss, so wouldn’t 7-5-1 be 7.5-5.5? I’m surprised that would be lower than 7-5. 

We played 13 games our winning percentage is 7.5/13 or .577.  Seattle has played 12 games.  Their winning percentage is 7/12 or .583.

• Thanks 1

Interesting. In the standings, a tie is half a win and half a loss, so wouldn’t 7-5-1 be 7.5-5.5? I’m surprised that would be lower than 7-5. 

7.5 is 12 games and 7-5-1 is 13 so it's considered a loss until the other team plays 13. 

• Thanks 1

so it looks like Seattle is jumped up to the 7 seed.  They play the Panthers next so they're probably going to win.  But the Giants play the Eagles next so they're probably going to lose.  Which would put us in over the Giants by being 1-2-1 in the division vs 0-3-1

3 minutes ago, MrJL said:

so it looks like Seattle is jumped up to the 7 seed.  They play the Panthers next so they're probably going to win.  But the Giants play the Eagles next so they're probably going to lose.  Which would put us in over the Giants by being 1-2-1 in the division vs 0-3-1

Panthers since firing Rhule have been much tougher. It wouldn't shock me at all if they beat the Seahawks.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Neither? So Seattle doesn’t get the  7 seed for the time being then? who gets it? 

Nobody has it right now, those are just media projections. It doesn’t actually exist until the regular season is over.

What you’re asking is like saying “so who has the 7th overall pick right now” about the pick as an actual tangible entity, it doesn’t exist and neither does the draft order until it’s final.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

Just now, Conn said:

Nobody has it right now, those are just media projections. It doesn’t actually exist until the regular season is over 

I know nobody has it locked up 100%, im asking who is placed in the 7 seed in the playoff picture *for the time being*. Meaning, if the season were to end today (which I’m aware it doesn’t), the Seahawks are the current 7 seed, right?

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I know nobody has it locked up 100%, im asking who is placed in the 7 seed in the playoff picture *for the time being*. Meaning, if the season were to end today (which I’m aware it doesn’t), the Seahawks are the current 7 seed, right?

You can’t project it. We’ve played a game more. Have to at least wait until everyone has played the same amount of games.

That is correct. We are now outside looking in. 

https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

Edited by zCommander

It appears nobody’s understanding my question. Someone else wanna try? 

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

That is correct. We are now outside looking in. 

Thank you. That’s what I was wondering. The seahawks do in fact own the 7 seed at this current moment in time, as everything currently stands. I’m well aware it’ll change in the next few weeks. I’m talking about at this current moment in time. Which apparently nobody understood

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You can’t project it. We’ve played a game more. Have to at least wait until everyone has played the same amount of games.

Nobody’s “projecting” anything though. That question was which team (commanders or Seahawks) is in the 7 seed spot at this current moment in time, at 8:31 PM. The question wasn’t about which of the two teams will get the 7 seed at the end of the season. 

22F4C06F-A4F1-4C19-B4F2-B80A52F8B4FB.jpeg

Everybody understood, it’s just a pointless question because it doesn’t matter until it actually exists. The brackets you see are just media projections. What you’re asking is “how many days below 30 degrees is January projected to have in my town?”, it’s just a media discussion point and doesn’t actually effect anything. 

I get that some people care about that stuff, it’s just that I never have personally 

Just now, Conn said:

Everybody understood, it’s just a pointless question because it doesn’t matter until it actually exists. The brackets you see are just media projections. What you’re asking is “how many days below 30 degrees is January projected to have in my town?”, it’s just a media discussion point and doesn’t actually effect anything. 

I get that some people care about that stuff, it’s just that I never have personally 

Except I’m not asking who will have the 7 seed in 4 weeks. (It wasn’t even my question in the first place, if you check the page prior to this). The question was who has the 7 seed at this current moment in time. 

the two questions are completely different. And it’s just interesting (to me and to others) to know what the current (as of 8:36 PM) playoff seeding is, to keep track of it. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Thank you.

It’s like competing with a friend in test scores in high school.

Your friend has taken two tests. Got an 9/10 and and 9/10.

You have taken one test and got a 10/10.

Is person A (two test taker) doing better or worse?

Answer: no idea. Person B hasn’t taken one of the tests. We’ll revisit when he does. 

But in the meantime we’re going to talk about person B as being better because their average is 100% and person A is only averaging a 90%.

• Like 1

So, for clarification for @MrJL on the previous page, the Seahawks, in this current moment in time, hold the 7 seed, and we do not, in this current moment in time, have the 7 seed. 

thats literally all he was asking about. @zCommander was the only one on here that was able to provide the appropriate answer, so cheers to you!

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

A tie doesn’t hurt us. But I hate it. We actively tried to lose that game instead of trying to win. Bad decisions by the HC and OC and a QB who tries too hard sometimes in big moments (I’m not blaming TH. He is who he is.)

Our clock management has been abysmal under Rivera and today is more of the same. 

Where was the bad clock management? Truly curious as I could’ve missed it. 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think it’s deeper than RPOs. Taylor ran much more last season. He’s had golden moments to run for key first downs in big moments in games yet he doesn’t do it. I guess I’ll give him his 6 yards today beat the minus 1 last week 

Final 6 games last year he totaled 35 yards. The dude hasn’t used them over last 12 games. It’s wild. 

I thought he was fine today. Not sure why everyone’s seems down on him. I feel like I’m in a very neutral position relating to him, so very limited bias. 

Your thoughts on his play today?