Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

20 minutes ago, tshile said:

Hah. Anonymous makes big claims but doesn’t often do more than basic stuff. 

a run on the bank would hurt Putin. It makes sense. And they already sort of have that problem. 

ability to drain all Russian bank accounts? Sorry. Seems far fetched 

@The Almighty Buzz

as far as I’ve found, the first nuclear-capable missile test launch from a sub for Russia was 2019. 

That seems late for what I feel like we’ve been conditioned to believe about them 

I just wrote out a really long response and it somehow it got deleted.  I’ll type something out again later.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

The cyber warefare going down is so impactful its crazy. Its the future of combat as we know it

Impacting troop movements by messing w. trains.

Impacting economy by taking down key websites

Impacting Russia state run media outlets

impacting moral by blocking access to entertainment

impacting stable and reliable communication of combatants

impacted communications of those at home in Russia by clogging up major phone carriers

Mass release of sensitive info

Making people fight wars on multiple fronts really adds up and while some of these things are not particularly devastating, having to juggle all this while actually fighting a war has to be an absolute kick in the balls.

IT army is a thing and I'm almost not joking if it needs to spin off into its own military branch that just supports the others.

We could call them the National Electronic Reliability Defense force

• Haha 9
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/28/the-damage-is-done-russians-face-economic-point-of-no-return

The damage is done’: Russians face economic point of no return

As markets opened in a panic on Monday, many Russians rushed to local cashpoints in Moscow to retrieve their savings before the damage got any worse.

“It said they had dollars so I came here immediately,” said Alexei Presnyakov, 32, pointing to an app for Russia’s Tinkoff Bank, indicating he could withdraw hard currency. About 20 people were queued in line. “Yesterday [the rate] was 80 [to the dollar]. Today it’s 100. Or 150.”

“I just made a spontaneous decision today that I would ask [out of work] and go around until I took out all my money,” he said. “Before it was worth zero.”

Within minutes, however, the word traveled down the queue: the dollars were gone.

Nearly half the queue walked off. “Who needs roubles?” one woman said sarcastically as she walked away.

From shopping malls to corporate boardrooms, Russians were trying to find their footing on Monday in what the Kremlin described as the “altered economic reality” that the country was now facing following sanctions on Russia’s Central Bank and other key financial institutions. There were signs that something extraordinary was taking place: the Moscow Exchange, Russia’s largest stock market, has halted trading until 5 March.

With its reserves frozen, the Central Bank announced it would more than double its main interest rates to 20%, the highest this century, and force major exporting companies, including large energy producers like Gazprom and Rosneft, to sell 80% of their foreign currency revenues, effectively buying roubles to prop up the currency rate.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, Redskins Diehard said:

They are grasping for anything. It's so pathetic 

That they are grasping for anything isn't what's truly pathetic.  What's truly pathetic is the fact that something like half your neighbors read that crap and think "makes sense".

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/28/the-damage-is-done-russians-face-economic-point-of-no-return

The damage is done’: Russians face economic point of no return

While I’m glad that the world is really putting the screws to Russia economy….  a large enough disruption can have unforeseen consequences.  Oil is already extremely high, for example.  

• Thanks 1

Since Belarus is allowed to let Russia stage attacks on Ukraine from their territory, what is stopping Poland/Slovakia/Romania from allowing Ukraine to land their jets safely in their territory to refuel and reload for bombing runs?

Also, what's stopping NATO from dropping a few bombs on Belarus for getting involved? We're allowing a 2on1 scenario?

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, tshile said:

I must say, it’s a shame the context with which I am learning this, but damn the Ukrainians are some highly respectable people. 

The Poles are too. They’ve known for a while this was coming, including russia actually downing a plane with one of their most outspoken anti-russian politicians.

The Poles even offered to pay us a **** ton of money to build a base in Poland too blunt russian aggression in their direction.

Russian siege against Kyiv and Kharkiv vs. International economic siege against Russia.  I was thinking to wait a month and see how it pans out.... but maybe it's only going to be a few weeks.  

Evil tyrant Putin on the verge of more war crimess.  Who wants to be the next Hitler?  Ironic that it is a Russian...

15 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

A95A49AC-065D-4AD2-82FC-6BA163ABFFD1.gif

One of the side effects of multiple TBIs is difficulty controlling emotions as most people would.  Especially keeping anger from turning into rage.  I’m lucky I still have a functioning iPad.  But I’m making the switch to Galaxy anyways so **** it, I’m gonna destroy some ****.

Seems like so far Ukraine has given the Kremlin military much more than they bargained for.  That can be a good or bad thing going forward.  Best case scenario is that more and more countries and people turn on Putin to where he acknowledges he made a huge miscalculation and prepares to negotiate a way out of this, but the worst case scenario is he starts ordering his military to just start a more indiscriminate blitzkrieg-like attack in order to try and crush Ukraine into submission. 

7 hours ago, redskinss said:

What do they do the next time a civilian vehicle attempts to pass their column?

I'm not defending the Russians or taking their side in any way, I'm just trying to see how all civilians don't pose a possible threat if several are pulling wolverine style assaults on them.

Maybe I'm missing something.

You're right.  Russian troops are perfectly justified in shooting all civilians on sight.  Because they might be about to attack.  :)