Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

16 minutes ago, China said:

Seems to me that if you had the aircraft and missiles, such an easily identifiable convoy would be an easy target:

Satellite images show 40-mile-long Russian military convoy nearing Kyiv

That and also I'm really surprised we haven't seen a mass target of bridges and roadways at the ukraine borders to try and at least slow down these convoys.  I'm sure there's many ways to still get to road but making things less easy and delay movement seems like it would have been an early initiative.

• Like 1

Putin wants to destroy an independent Ukraine.  He does not like the west on his doorstep.

Russian talking points are "this is just like the Cuban missile crisis" and "but what about US invading Iraq and Afghanistan".  Putin is a master at fake news, so good luck in being able to communicate to the average Russian that their country is waging an unjust war.  The talking points in Russia are that "Ukraine is waging mass genocide against ethnic Russians".   I am sure they will be shown video of the UN walking out on Russian speech.  Additionally, another talking point is, "look at how hypocritical the west is, they are now persecuting Russians everywhere.  They acted like they were welcoming, and now they turned their back on us."  

Don't underestimate Putin's propoganda machine.  The anti-vaxx propoganda machine has nothing on Russia.  

Just because Russia is increasingly uncomfortable with the west at their doorstep, does not give them the right to invade a soverign country.  Quite frankly I see the distinction between only defending NATO countries from aggression and use of economic versus military means.  But Putin is hell bent on destroying an independent Ukraine.

• Thanks 1

SBU 24/7 detects and neutralizes agents, saboteurs and accomplices of Russian invaders. Stripping is carried out throughout Ukraine. Let's defend Ukraine together! 🇺🇦

Edited by FrFan

1 hour ago, China said:

this is the info I was given

The Letter “V” represents the Russian Marines

The Letter “Z” represents units in the Eastern Military District

The Letter “Z” in a square represents the Southern Military District (Crimea)

The Letter “O” represents units from Belarus

The Letter “X” represents the forces of Ramzan Kadyrov, the Putin installed warlord of Russia’s Chechnya region.

The Letter “A” represents Russian Special Forces(SSO) like Spetznaz in its various operational units.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Right. I wonder how far they are able to go with open threats like that before someone decides they wont wait to be hit next. 

That and I'm not even sure why they are waiting for them to get to the 'war grounds' - they're going to be in combat with that group as soon as they make it to the destination, why let them even get that close?  Is it really considered better until they are in place and ready - seems like as soon as they enter Ukraine they are fair game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve09ru said:

That and also I'm really surprised we haven't seen a mass target of bridges and roadways at the ukraine borders to try and at least slow down these convoys.  I'm sure there's many ways to still get to road but making things less easy and delay movement seems like it would have been an early initiative.

I've been thinking that maybe if, once every mile or three, some Uke steps out from behind a tree with a Molotov or a LAW or some such. Dude would die. But maybe he trades one guerrilla for one truck and a half hour delay.  

But while it's possible that the Ukes have the guts to make those trades, it would likely require better intel, communication, and mobility than they have, right now. 

Probably something that's easier done in war movies than in reality. 

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

I don't know if you're familiar with the Imgur but the amount of downvotes have gone way down(russian bots). Most of them were downvoting liberal political posts. In the last few days the downvotes have almost disapeeared along with all the russian Grand Theft Auto screen shots that used to liter user sub. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

These results to make any ****ing sense to me. If all of Bidens actions have been what people want, then why are "independents" and republicans against the handling of it?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

These results to make any ****ing sense to me. If all of Bidens actions have been what people want, then why are "independents" and republicans against the handling of it?  

From the poll I posted a few pages back, it sounded like they agreed with what they are doing but don’t think we are being tough enough which is driving the handling portion down

Edited by steve09ru