Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

The convoy is now stalled.  A sitting duck.  I can't believe it isn't being obliterated.  Don't they have any jets left?

Russia's 40-mile convoy has stalled on its way to Kyiv, a U.S. official says

Logistics problems are stalling a massive Russian convoy that's pushing its way toward Kyiv, according to a senior U.S. defense official. The convoy, which has been measured as stretching for 40 miles, is apparently being hampered by fuel and food shortages.

The news comes as Russia continues to concentrate attacks on the large Ukrainian cities of Kyiv and Kharkiv.

As night fell on Ukraine on Tuesday, Russia's large convoy was still about 18 miles north of Kyiv — representing little or no change from Monday, the official said. The official added that some elements within the military column are "literally out of gas" and having difficulty feeding their troops.

"The U.S. says about 80% of the estimated 190,000 Russian troops that rimmed Ukraine are now in the country," NPR Pentagon correspondent Tom Bowman reports. "About 400 missiles have been fired by the Russians since the invasion began last week."

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, China said:

The convoy is now stalled.  A sitting duck.  I can't believe it isn't being obliterated.  Don't they have any jets left?

They are getting a bunch from Poland to bolster their forces, But I gotta imagine Russia's air superiority will be near its strongest around the convoy, so it also a matter of breaking thru that.

Their poor supply chain is chocking them to death and the bigger the convoy, the more you need to run it. Dudes have made it about 20 miles in like 2 1/2 days.

Hopefully that continues. If they straight up run outta food your going to see mass surrenders.

Food and fuel are as important as ammunition. What the hell is wrong with Russia 😂 

apparently the rumors of soldiers selling fuel while sitting in Belarus, because they literally all thought it was a training mission and that entire government works through corruption top to bottom, started before the invasion. 

maybe there’s some truth to it 😂 

• Haha 4

I think people are overplaying the "Putin is irrational" narrative.  He knows exactly what he's doing.  He has coldly calculated what he thinks he can get away with. And he will NOT be willing to leave a legacy as the Russian leader who caused Moscow to be annihilated by a nuclear response.  

I don't envy world leaders trying to gauge the proper response to this crime against modern society.  But it is sickening to watch this slow motion murder of an emerging democracy.  The Ukrainian people need the cover of a no-fly zone - in the west of the country at the very least so that citizen have some safe haven. That 40 mile column of armored Russian vehicles on the road to Kyiv should be destroyed from the air. In the fog of war who's to say how that was achieved wink wink. Ukraine needs a boost to beat back the Russian army.  Enough of worrying about what Vladimir will think or how he will react. Bring down the wrath of God on his murderous army.

And one more thing.  If the Russians kill Volodymyr Oleksandrovych Zelenskyy, a European president elected after a free and fair election, Vladimir Putin needs to be offed.  By a gunshot, by a cruise missile, by any means necessary.  Whoever does that is doing the world and the people of Russia a huge favor. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

They are getting a bunch from Poland to bolster their forces, But I gotta imagine Russia's air superiority will be near its strongest around the convoy, so it also a matter of breaking thru that.

Their poor supply chain is chocking them to death and the bigger the convoy, the more you need to run it. Dudes have made it about 20 miles in like 2 1/2 days.

Hopefully that continues. If they straight up run outta food your going to see mass surrenders.

think i read something that the countries offering the jets backed out, saying they didnt have enough

3 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I think people are overplaying the "Putin is irrational" narrative.  He knows exactly what he's doing.  He has coldly calculated what he thinks he can get away with. And he will NOT be willing to leave a legacy as the Russian leader who caused Moscow to be annihilated by a nuclear response.  

I don't envy world leaders trying to gauge the proper response to this crime against modern society.  But it is sickening to watch this slow motion murder of an emerging democracy.  The Ukrainian people need the cover of a no-fly zone - in the west of the country at the very least so that citizen have some safe haven. That 40 mile column of armored Russian vehicles on the road to Kyiv should be destroyed from the air. In the fog of war who's to say how that was achieved wink wink. Ukraine needs a boost to beat back the Russian army.  Enough of worrying about what Vladimir will think or how he will react. Bring down the wrath of God on his murderous army.

And one more thing.  If the Russians kill Volodymyr Oleksandrovych Zelenskyy, a European president elected after a free and fair election, Vladimir Putin needs to be offed.  By a gunshot, by a cruise missile, by any means necessary.  Whoever does that is doing the world and the people of Russia a huge favor. 

i wish nato wouldve accepted them before all of this started and then we wouldve gotten a real look. Definately need to accept finland the second they man up

• Like 1

I think people are overplaying the "Putin is irrational" narrative. 

agreed. I especially don’t like the look that seemingly every expert is saying it. It’s almost like a talking point circulated… not trying to be a crazy person, it just has that vibe with me. 

But it is sickening to watch this slow motion murder of an emerging democracy. 

Yup. Buddy of mine said last night - I’m losing my mind, we’re just supposed to sit here and watch them slaughter and entire country of people?!?

and I didn’t even know what to say. Just said the truth - yes. 

:(

Oh man when do the alt right send me snacks memes start circulating with Russians on them. 

11 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

That 40 mile column of armored Russian vehicles on the road to Kyiv should be destroyed from the air. In the fog of war who's to say how that was achieved wink wink

Sounds like a great use case for predator drones …

Or that gun ship that flies super high and shoots giant bullets and no one can see it…

Russian radio station taken off air over Ukraine coverage

A Russian radio station critical of the Kremlin was taken off the airwaves on Tuesday, its chief editor said and The Associated Press confirmed, after authorities threatened to shut it down over its coverage of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

The move against Echo Moskvy, one of Russia’s oldest radio stations, comes amid growing pressure on Russia’s independent media to follow the Kremlin’s official line while covering the invasion of Ukraine.

Russian authorities also threatened to block Dozhd, Russia’s top independent TV channel. The Prosecutor General’s office accused the two media outlets of spreading content that incites extremist activities, as well as “false information regarding the actions of Russian military personnel as part of a special operation” in Ukraine.

The Prosecutor General’s office said actions taken against the two outlets would include “immediate shutdown.”

The websites of Ekho Moskvy and Dozhd remained available to internet users in Moscow on Tuesday evening. However, Russia’s communications and media watchdog Roskomnadzor confirmed to the Interfax news agency that it restricted access to the sites.

Alexei Venediktov, chief editor of Ekho Moskvy, rejected the accusations, saying they “are not supported by any examples, any evidence (and) are unfounded and offensive to journalists and citizens of Russia.”

The station “will contest this decision in court,” Venediktov said.

“We see a political component in it, as well as the introduction of censorship, which is directly prohibited by the Russian Constitution,” he said.

Click on the link for the full article

20 minutes ago, tshile said:

Food and fuel are as important as ammunition. What the hell is wrong with Russia 😂 

Keep recalling a quote I heard during Desert Storm. 

Amateur generals love to talk about strategy. Professional soldiers talk about logistics. 

I also recall from that time, the first promotion from Desert Storm. The day before the attack began, Schwarzkopf pinned a fourth star on his chief of logistics. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, tshile said:

MPGs is some basic level math. This is every dude in a 40 Mile convoy seeing they have a 1/4 tank of fuel and choosing the Kramer option. Pretty embarrassing.

Either that or they thought they could fuel everything w/ Vodka. (You can as an additive I believe, but not pure fuel)

• Haha 2

The worst thing about the fuel issue. Is they’re in a neighboring country. 

ifs not like they took off to the middle of Africa and ran out of fuel. 

they’re right next door 😂 

Edited by tshile
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, tshile said:

The worst thing about the fuel issue. Is they’re in a neighboring country. 

ifs not like they took off to the middle of Africa and ran out of fuel. 

they’re right next door 😂 

Obviously a liberal's fault. Carbon tax, or something. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Sorry Wildbunny, but what you are proposing is the start of WWIII, and nobody wants that.

Not formally but from the sounds of from certain former intelligence (posted earlier I. This thread- it’s basically the start of it and we’re past the point of it not happening

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

Obviously a liberal's fault. Carbon tax, or something. 

I don't think anyone can claim this gas shortage couldn't be solved by drilling for more oil.

Darn libs and their policies stopping Russian convoys...

Edited by FootballZombie

Putin is 70ish. It makes sense if his dream was to rebuild the USSR (which if you read the Fiona hill politico interview, was bigger than usually considered/discussed) that he kinda needs to get started on it. 

presumably he’d like to have a few years actually ruling it - not just building it. 

so - yeah clocks ticking on that dream. 

2 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Sorry Wildbunny, but what you are proposing is the start of WWIII, and nobody wants that.

If you read the piece posted by @Redskins Diehard, the person made the point this is WWIII.  WWIII didn't start when Germany invaded Poland, the French and the British declared war on Germany, or when Germany started invading in the west.  It started when Hitler decided that he could remake the world into a world dominated by Germany.

Just because you refuse to fight in the war doesn't mean the war hasn't started.

(I'll also point that the idea that if we target Russian positions in the Ukraine that Russia will wide the conflict is also an assumption.)

For this argument to make sense two things have to be true:

1.  That the Russians aren't already fighting WWIII

2.  And that the Russians are willing to fight WWIII over us hitting some of their positions in the Ukraine (like their sitting duck convoy).

If either of those things aren't true, then helping the Ukrainians out (some) isn't starting WWIII.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I don't think anyone can claim this gas shortage couldn't be solved by drilling for more oil.

Darn libs and their policies stopping Russian convoys...

didnt Kerry get on Putin about the climate stuff? Putin is probably measuring his carbon footprint and halting things on purpose. Hes not a monster

• Haha 2