Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

Could you imagine loading you car up with your buddies

about to takeoff on a long trip to screw around

you get like 100 miles down the road, run out of gas, and have no way to get fuel

how dumb do you feel 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

Could you imagine loading you car up with your buddies

about to takeoff on a long trip to screw around

you get like 100 miles down the road, run out of gas, and have no way to get fuel

how dumb do you feel 

If theres one thing russia has it fuel unfortunately. Is this communist ineptitude or troops/commanders trying to shuffle their feet without disobeying orders?

Just now, dunfer said:

If theres one thing russia has it fuel unfortunately. Is this communist ineptitude or troops/commanders trying to shuffle their feet without disobeying orders?

Interesting idea. 

I’d prefer to think Putin’s the monster and Russians are capable of humanity so I’ll take it :) 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, dunfer said:

It’s crony capitalist ineptitude.  Soviet communism ended a long time ago.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, dunfer said:

I think there are too many signs that point to horrific mismanagement.

-Vehicles running out of fuel all over Ukraine, not just in the convoy

-Rations that expired in 2015

-Under trained infantry

-Russian Troops conserving ammo out of fear of running out

But I think your right about shuffling feet as well. It is very clear that there are a lot of troops that simply don't want to be there, and while they are not disobeying orders, it easily turns basic problems into large overblown ones that impact the larger directive.

Soldiers walking into an enemy police station in the middle of a war to ask for gas... That reeks of low morale, training, desire and logistics. If your making that play, your ready to go home

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

It’s crony capitalist ineptitude.  Soviet communism ended a long time ago.

The congressional testimony @Wildbunny linked earlier really hit hard on just how much of a mafia style government it is, and how that just fails to produce anything of quality 

• Like 1

Just now, Springfield said:

I feel like there’s all this talk about how badly Russia is ****ing up yet they’re probably just going to walk right into Kyiv and destroy the resistance with relative ease.

Well. They’re going to do that by leveling it. 

which… I mean anyone can launch shells and missiles without regard for anything, including committing international war crimes, and reduce something to rubble.  

it’s taking over and occupying that’s super hard. It’s effecting long term change that’s hard. 

But yea. Even then, Russia is seriously underperforming what everyone thought they would timeline and loss wise. They still don’t control the air and I haven’t heard anyone worth their salt discussing it that says they cannot figure out how Russia hasn’t already gained full control of the airspace. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

I feel like there’s all this talk about how badly Russia is ****ing up yet they’re probably just going to walk right into Kyiv and destroy the resistance with relative ease.

they will eventually, but it will bankrupt them. At some point every fighting man in Ukraine needs to withdraw to fight again in a month or two.

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I think it's fair to say that this didn't go as Russia, or anyone else really, expected up this point.  But also fair to say that it's far from decided or settled at this point.  We have always had a very short attention span and want to binge watch a war with the result wrapped up by the end of the weekend. 

"Crushing the resistance" means something slightly different in the short than it does in the long term. And something different as it relates to the Ukrainian citizens themselves and the international community. 

Hopefully Ozark releases soon so we can avoid the daily refrain of how we should be launching our missiles...at least for a day or 2. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, China said:

The convoy is now stalled.  

I know this is rudimentary thinking from someone who knows **** about **** but...

Why couldn't country A provide missle(s) X to the border of Ukraine and say...take this to coordinate F and press enter to wipe out any Russian convoy? Rinse and repeat...

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I cant believe we dont have the capability to launch a few missiles such that nobody would ever know it was us. 

How did that convoy get blown to smithereens?  Nobody knows. It just kinda happened. 

That's what I'm confused about....can't we just 'add' some more of those Turkish made drones to the war and man them ourselves and say they were piloted by the Ukrainians? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I cant believe we dont have the capability to launch a few missiles such that nobody would ever know it was us. 

How did that convoy get blown to smithereens?  Nobody knows. It just kinda happened. 

Missiles have to get launched from somewhere. Basic MASINT illustrates where that somewhere is. Missiles don't get launched surreptitiously.

If missiles blow that convoy to pieces everyone knows exactly who did it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Redskins Diehard said:

Missiles have to get launched from somewhere. Basic MASINT illustrates where that somewhere is. Missiles don't get launched surreptitiously.

If missiles blow that convoy to pieces everyone knows exactly who did it. 

Sure, what im saying is im surprised we haven’t developed technology to defeat that. To make it a mystery.  Seems like it would be useful. We made planes stealthy decades ago. 

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Sure, what im saying is im surprised we haven’t developed technology to defeat that. To make it a mystery.  Seems like it would be useful. We made planes stealthy decades ago. 

If we created a technology that allowed missiles to launch without detection then anytime there's an observable effect without an identifiable cause... then everyone would know exactly who did it.  Stealth planes don't allow us to drop bombs without anyone knowing it was America.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Well. The missiles are. My understanding is tomahawks are very hard to detect. They t fly low to the ground. They actually navigate using a topographical mapping system. They’re capable of navigating through valleys. A professor of mine helped build the guidance system at DARPA. They’re incredibly stealthy. 

he’s saying the launch is what’s detected. Which I don’t know anything about that. 

Edited by tshile