Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Chargers at Team

TK
Message added by TK,

871587837_ScreenShot2021-09-11at3_15_04PM.thumb.png.f4e1de31ee5daec0f4bc8301947a1c67.png

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not on all plays though to my eyes, Herbert has had clean pockets it seems like too often for my taste, but I’ll rewatch the game this week with coaches tape and maybe my take will change, sometimes it does 

Not defending the DL. True game changers don’t care if it’s 4 seconds or 1 second. They make plays. Young has been getting shut down by Slater. AGAIN.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

Story of the game so far is offensive lines. There's is dominating and ours already got our QB knocked out of the game

I completely agree.  This has nothing to do with defensive backs or play calls.  They are absolutely dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.  Very hard to win a football game this way.  

• Like 1

I feel like Scott Turner wants to re-create the 92/93 Cowboys offense.  The problem is pass rushers in this era are too fast to simply routinely drop your QB and stand around looking for an option.  The offenses that are winning the battle now are drawing up quick passes, getting the ball out of the QB's hands almost as soon as they hit the last step on their drop etc etc etc.....

This franchise always feels behind the times.  Whether it is how to build or how to design modern schemes.

• Like 1