Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Chargers at Team

TK
Message added by TK,

871587837_ScreenShot2021-09-11at3_15_04PM.thumb.png.f4e1de31ee5daec0f4bc8301947a1c67.png

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Been a while since I was this excited about the opener. I still have them at 8-9 and out of the playoffs but for the first time in a while there is hope and optimism.  I'd love to be wrong on my prediction. 

You will be. 

12-5

I'm good with that. A good year to be hyped and aim high. Think 11-6 is the likely outcome. 

Division Championship season about to begin. 

They could be great, you know?

Best team I can remember in 20 years. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Been a while since I was this excited about the opener. I still have them at 8-9 and out of the playoffs but for the first time in a while there is hope and optimism.  I'd love to be wrong on my prediction. 

I'm still sticking with 8-8-1 and 3rd in the division.  Still sticking with a 10-24 loss today. I think we come out flat.  Chargers may not be that great either but, I expect Fitztragic to appear today and that will probably be the big reason the Chargers win today.

Prediction: humorous overreaction regardless of the results.

The game itself will be close and hard-fought, with typical sloppy Week 1 offense on both sides. It'll come down to which offense can overcome poor execution. Fitzpatrick's greater experience makes the difference and the WFT wins a close one 24-17.

• Like 3

The key to this game is inside. The last time Slater and Young matched up Slater beat him handedly. Our linebackers NEED to play good football today to slow down the Chargers. Ekeler being out is an under talked about aspect of this game for our D.

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see McKissick with 5-7 receptions with Samuel out, either. Have to keep Derwin James on his toes. Probably see him on Thomas fairly often. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

1 hour to go.

I wonder if we say Taylor at some point today.  Fitztragic could be that bad today.

A loss? Maybe. If we were to get destroyed, my heart would hurt,  I don't think we will though. The offense just hasn't been tested enough to know what it can do, I can't say it will do anything because I don't know. Our defense might be our saving grace this game.

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The key to this game is inside. The last time Slater and Young matched up Slater beat him handedly. Our linebackers NEED to play good football today to slow down the Chargers. Ekeler being out is an under talked about aspect of this game for our D.

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see McKissick with 5-7 receptions with Samuel out, either. Have to keep Derwin James on his toes. Probably see him on Thomas fairly often. 

Ekeler is playing I think.