Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Chargers at Team

TK
Message added by TK,

871587837_ScreenShot2021-09-11at3_15_04PM.thumb.png.f4e1de31ee5daec0f4bc8301947a1c67.png

1 minute ago, dswerdlw said:

gotta wonder how fear of the Delta variant is affecting crowd size.

U Street looks like any other week in DC. People are waiting to see how the Team looks imo. If they play well that stadium will be packed by years end. 

• Like 1

This biggest thing for me, is that there are reasons for Washington fans to have hope for this season.  While this season's schedule is tough, it looks like Washington will be competitive against the strong teams, and capable of taking "care of business" versus teams with lower power ratings.

The Chargers are a strong team, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them make the playoffs this season.  That said, Washington will be a real challenge for them.  Consequently,  I feel both teams will benefit from playing this game and it will further hone their competitive edge going forward.

I've really enjoyed all the off-season moves of Washington, and it made the preseason hype more enjoyable and even more believable.  Because there are true grounds for HOPE, amidst all the hype.  ...And this team IS getting better with each season under Rivera.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If you saw all the packed stadiums in college football and other packed stadiums across the NFl, I think it has very little to do it. 

I see your point, but I work at a college. College kids think they're invincible. NFL fans may be different, and they may differ from location to location. Just a thought.

for me what im looking for:

- no injuries

- stop the run/consistent pressure on qb

- take shots down field/creative offensive play-calls

- i want sharpness and execution - we bubble-wrapped our starters in preseason, dont make it an excuse

- adjustments throughout game and after halftime if needed

- starting rookies to show up

• Like 2