Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rest in peace Capt. Kaos

Forehead

4 hours ago, Forehead said:

Yes, this was the Orakpo draft.  You forgot Mike In Alexandria making the same "Dirty Sanchez" joke about Mark Sanchez about 100 times, and the infamous "Pukes on Own Shoes Guy"

That was a great day, great memory.

...and "Pukes on Own Shoes Guy" was sitting in one of our chairs,  when he earned that moniker....

• Like 1

Very sad to hear this; RIP and condolences to his friends and family. I’ve made it to one ES tailgate in my life— Eagles game in 2011. Took my Dad. We had an absolute blast. It was a decade ago and that day was a whirlwind of meeting so many people from this board… I am 90% sure I met Kaos as he looks very familiar and I certainly remember him from the boards. If I’m remembering correctly, my brief interaction with him, certainly seemed like a great guy. Someone gave us some apple pie shine that day (first time I’d ever had it). All in all a great time. Again, condolences to those that knew him well. 

• Like 1

Sad to hear about this. My condolences to his wife and daughter. One of the good guys. And yeah. If you're going to have a legacy on a message board,The Season Is oVer thread would be a good one,(or ones). They were epic. 

• Like 1

very sad to read this

i didn't have a particularly deep es relation with the captain, but to me he always came off as a fine person and a great es'er

my sympathy to those who knew him so well and loved him, and i'd like to thank the posters in here that wrote such caring and meaningful sentiments about him and his life in a way that helped me know him better and appreciate what a wonderful guy he really was to have left such loving impressions on so many who knew him

and to some long time members who we don't see often on the board, sorry it had to be on such a sad occasion, but it's good to see you

RIP Captain, and thank you for all the good things you obviously brought to so many people

• Like 7

Jon was a great guy all around. Great husband to his wife. Great father to his daughter that the ES Tailgate crew got to watch grow up. Great fan of an organization that had been **** forever. A great friend & overall just a decently great human being.

I see the S.A.D. Draft Day with "pukes on own shoes guy" story has already been told, so I'll share this one instead.

It was Shanny's first home opener, a Sunday night game against Dallas. @pez @MikeInJc aka M.I.A. & myself had camped out at the FedEx gate 

Saturday night. I don't remember why we did it. Prolly for bragging rights to have been the first & as far I know, the only ones to have ever done it. Or maybe we were just younger & a lil bit more crazy back then. :) 

Anyways, Kaos came up to me sometime early or mid day. Again, not 100% on the timing but to be fair, there had been a lot & I mean a LOT of Apple Pie & my own Liquid Candy concoction & who knows what else consumed. So, Jon's like "I printed these up last night" & shows me these strips of paper. He's got a bunch of these. He had went & printed up these fake airplane tickets for a trip from DC to Dallas. He's like "we gotta go hand these out cause these ****in Cowboy fans here have never even been to Dallas". That's all it took. Our two drunk asses went off & started handing these out to anyone wearing that stupid star. We got some good natured laughs from our victims & some really puzzled looks from the typical bandwagoners. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 8

On 8/13/2021 at 6:08 PM, skinsmarydu said:

There's a few folks that @Malapropismic Depository noticed were missing last year.  @StillUnknown is one, right off the top of my head.

Among other things, he was a long-time regular in the Boxing thread, and the MMA thread.

And a very valuable contributor.

Then suddenly, POOF, he's gone, with no warning.

It seems like a fuzzy grey line, to determine the boundary between the need to show concern for a member's disappearance, and wondering if I'm treading into area that isn't my business.

Especially, when I would bring up his name and his disappearance, in the MMA thread, a couple times, and there was deafening silence from others in response.

So therefore, I let the issue rest.

Wherever he is, he is missed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/13/2021 at 6:03 PM, skinsfan_1215 said:

Highly doubtful. If he hadn’t been part of the tailgate group and connected with people on social media, we probably would have never known. With 600k+ deaths in this country, pretty good chance there’s at least a couple others that just stopped posting one day. 

Unfortunately I’m sure there’s more.  Deaths in the ES family probably go highly under reported unless you are a regular at games.  It’s a shame because you never know when people stop posting what the circumstances are. 

2 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

From the link:

Hello, my name is Estelle Soucy. I am fundraising to help my sister, Andrea Matazinski-Wilson, offset the medical and memorial expenses relative to the untimely death of her loving husband, Jon Wilson.

Sadly, Jon did not have life insurance because, despite his efforts, he unsuccessfully struggled to get his diabetes under control and could not get approved for coverage. This regrettably leaves Andrea with considerable expenses as she tries to move on without the love of her life.

Due to Jon's lengthy time in the ICU, the expenses incurred during his fight for his life are estimated to be 100K. Health insurance will cover much of his medical bills with the exception of 10%, unless any charges are out of network, which could be actually be more. Additionally, Andrea was hospitalized for over a week herself and will have to cover those expenses as well as expenses for Jon's final arrangements. 

Details regarding services will be provided as soon as they are available. Due to Andrea's job, they found themselves in Tennessee, so there will be a few weeks delay in his services to bring him home to his family and friends in Maryland.

Jon's nearly month long battle was lost on August 13, at only 51 years old. It was a tumultuous fight against COVID-19 and the complications that followed, including diabetic ketoacidosis, pneumonia, sepsis, and ultimately his heart just couldn't keep up.

Jon was a husband, father, son, brother, son-in-law, brother-in-law, and most of all, a kind, good-hearted, loving and caring man. For 25 years, he has been Andrea's person. Jon is survived by his wife, Andrea, children, Darrien, Treasure, Wendi, Abi and Jonathan, parents, Melody and Charles, brothers, Howard and Eric, as well as extended family and friends. Jon was known for his sense of family and friends. He was a man who would take the shirt off his back for anyone in need. His friends speak volumes about how he went out of his way to make everyone he came across feel welcome. Jon had a great love for football, as well as the comraderie. The relationships he developed along the way are irreplaceable. He was an avid tailgater, and enjoyed a family that was made possible by the love of the game.

This all started with both Andrea and Jon suffering mild COVID symptoms during the 3rd week of July. On July 24th, Andrea made the call that both of them would go to the emergency room as she felt dehydrated and hoped they could help. While Jon's symptoms appeared lesser at that point, both were admitted. The initial assessment found that Andrea's oxygen level was in the 80s and the chest x-ray revealed she had COVID pneumonia. Jon's oxygen level was initially fine but he was in diabetic ketoacidosis and the latter chest x-ray revealed he too had COVID pneumonia. Andrea was admitted to the regular COVID ward, and Jon was immediately admitted to the ICU. Jon had struggled with diabetes for years. Having recently become insulin dependent, he had become even more challenged at getting his diabetes under control.

The week that followed was torture for both Andrea and Jon. They were separated and unable to receive regular updates on each other's condition. My niece, Darrien, had jumped in like a trooper and consulted with their doctors to provide regular medical updates to family and friends. Both of them struggled being pumped full of medications and oxygen. While Jon's condition was back and forth, being nearly 100% oxygen dependent most of the time, Andrea's oxygen levels gradually improved. Andrea was released from the hospital with continued oxygen therapy about a week after being admitted, but Jon would never make it home.

The following weeks were excruciating for Jon, my sister, and her family, with everyone trying to keep it together and praying that Jon would eventually fight his way back to good health. My sister assumed Darrien's role and began providing updates. There is no other way to describe it than an absolute roller coaster. One minute Jon would show improvements and seemed to be on the mend. They even got him eating and starting PT. Then, he would have a set back and struggled to eat or stay alert. My sister was finally able to visit and be by his side once he cleared the COVID virus and was fighting the residual pneumonia. When she was present, his numbers seemed to improve. Still, everything was touch and go. For every step forward Jon made in his fight to recover, it seemed he took 2 steps back.

Fast forward to his final week. He had been intubated, his oxygen was again increased to 100%, and the day before his passing, they inserted a chest tube. Despite clearing the COVID virus, the lingering pneumonia, partial lung collapse, diabetic complications, sepsis attributed to the chest tube insertion, and ultimately cardiac arrest, it was all too much and his body gave out. In the early morning hours of August 13th, he coded and they were able to revive him but, 3 hours later he coded for a 2nd time and this time, they were unable to revive him.

It is with a heavy heart that I ask of friends and family or anyone who experienced the light that Jon brought to this life to donate even the smallest amount to help my sister afford the out of pocket expenses that will no doubt be overwhelming. Prayers and positive vibes are still needed for Andrea and his family, so if it's all you are able to contribute, please send them their way. Rest in peace Jon. You were taken way to soon, and although you are gone, you will never be forgotten.

To my sister and her family, we pray for God to wrap his loving arms around you. Help them find comfort despite the irrepairable hole in their hearts. Help them know that it is ok to feel empty and robbed, ok to be angry, ok to feel sad. But, most of all, please help them feel Jon's presence as he looks over each and everyone one of them. In God's name we pray. Amen.

I’m in tears. Please give to his family if you have the means.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been to about half a dozen tailgates over the years. However, even my last one seems a lifetime ago.

They were always an incredible experience, meeting all the members of the community. Truly overwhelming. If you hung with Pez and Huly, you were probably good peeps. And I know for certain I’ve met the captain. 

Even if I can’t remember specifics of our interactions or the man himself, I know he was a mainstay of that tailgate crew. And that alone speaks volumes. 

I’m very saddened to learn of his passing. A little gut punched. Good people, I know, leaving so early in life. And reminders of my own mortality. Sigh.

HTTR Captain. RIP. And sincere condolences to your loved ones.

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the ES Tailgate we actually lost 2 to Covid 

Capt Kaos

Mike Hernick (I do not think Mike posted here but he ran Redskinsheads and tailgated with ES.  He too was family)

From the board we also lost Doc Sandy not to Covid but other health issues.  

• Sad 6