Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Jamin Davis LB Kentucky

PCS

I don't feel obligated to draft a Holland or Tyson Campbell with guys like Tre Boston and Steven Nelson sitting out there. I wonder if they go for Freiermuth or Tremble at #51. Something tells me Rivera would love Tremble given the physicality he brings and the offensive upside he possesses with his athleticism

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I have to say this.  I wonder where "First Round" Hurney had him?  Hoping for the best.  RR and Co. along with JDR have to get this right.  They both played the position so there is NO room for failure here unless an misfortunate/freak accident happened with JD.  

Love the pick. I think he fits the D perfectly and sounds like he will add to the culture RR is building. If there is one position that I will trust RR and JDR its linebacker. Really it was probably our biggest need heading into tonight for not just 2021 but for the next decade. Perfect fit.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Daniel.redskins said:

This was a great pick, he is fast as heck.  He is a humble kid. He will become an all pro and Micah Parsons will be out of the league in 4 years.  This was a Ron pick for sure.  

Love the pick as well.

We needed to upgrade the speed at the LB position we did that. Dude can cover.

I trust Ron and JDR.

• Like 1

We filled in the biggest hole on our defense and he looks like he has a huge upside. Ron has his LBer. I never looked into Davis or took the pick serious in the first, but with Collins going before us makes the pick simple.

I can easily get excited about this.

• Like 8

If nothing else, Washington now has the names.

We're Jamin.

We're Sweatin'

We're Chasin'

We won't Settle.

On the plus side, we have a guy who if he can convert potential to production should be excellent and solve a huge coverage weakness in the D. On the negative side, I'm always wary of workout warriors who have the measurables, but no on field results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I know nothing about college football outside of highlight vids and what I get from you guys, so I don't have any real insight. What I do know is that we've needed a LB that can cover TE's for a long time and this guy appears to fit that role perfectly while still being at least competent against the run.

Also, he's from the UK, which must mean that he's a top bloke 😀.

Edited by London Kev
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

I'm thrilled about this pick. Once it became apparent we weren't trading up for Fields this was the guy I wanted. Can't wait to see him play.

And I second the great info and analysis that this forum gives us to enable us to fall in love with our own potential draft choices. Cheers friends 🍻

• Like 5

This was an excellent pick when in my opinion it could have been a total disaster of a pick. 

I would have been tremendously disappointed if it were JOK. The fact he was available made me extremely nervous going into our pick. 

A month or so out I was Zaven, Jamin for ILB. No one else. In that order. The last few weeks with Zaven’s weight gain Jamin basically became LB1 for me by default. I just didn’t expect him to be at 19. Though I do understand the urgency there and trusting the board.

He is RAW. We have to keep that in mind. But he is explosive, fast, a sure tackler and can cover. His instincts are there but he has to sharpen his read/react time. But he will play downhill and attack.

We needed that so bad.

Pretty pleased with the pick.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This was an excellent pick when in my opinion it could have been a total disaster of a pick. 

I would have been tremendously disappointed if it were JOK. The fact he was available made me extremely nervous going into our pick. 

A month or so out I was Zaven, Jamin for ILB. No one else. In that order. The last few weeks with Zaven’s weight gain Jamin basically became LB1 for me by default. I just didn’t expect him to be at 19. Though I do understand the urgency there and trusting the board.

He is RAW. We have to keep that in mind. But he is explosive, fast, a sure tackler and can cover. His instincts are there but he has to sharpen his read/react time. But he will play downhill and attack.

We needed that so bad.

Pretty pleased with the pick.

To add, all I have read and watched on him makes it sound like he is very intuitive so should pick things up quickly as he does have a learning curve. I expect with our coaching staff he will be viewed as a stud for the next decade! 

2 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Another reach for need. This new “old” front office is becoming a laughingstock around the league. Only team in the division to not make a trade to try and increase value.

Your negativity is the most annoying feature on this forum.

I’m frustrated we didn’t get Fields, too. But move on and stop being the wet blanket for once in your forum posting existence.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 13
  • Confused 1